OSP 3D Art MageLord Weapon Pack - updated march 14, 2006

Users who are viewing this thread

Locust said:
Just a suggestion, but maybe you should rename it then?

Well, katanas DO come in different sizes. Really though, I think the size looks fine. This one is about the same size as the standard sword in the game. (The one thats just named "sword"). I just figured that would be a good size, so I could simply set the reach to 100 like the other "swords" heh. I might make a shorter version for people who want a shorter version... Maybe size it up compared to the winged mace and set the reach to 80.

Plus katanas with emeralds probably didnt exist either... but I thought it looked nice :smile:

i know i'm a terrible noob, butwhere do i put the files for the weapons? and wichtext file do i have to modify? and what do i have to modify? :grin:
please don'tsay "search the forums" please...

This model is actually a pretty good.  The length of the tsuka (hilt) is very similar to a sword that I own in my collection.  This sword could actually qualify as an O-Dachi considering it's length.  A typical Katana (or Diato) is normally 2 to 2.5 Shaku or just under 3 ft in total length with the tsuka taking 10-12 inches or so.  I prefer my swords to have a slightly more pronounced curve in the blade.  This one is a little too straight for my tastes.  If you like, I can post some pics of the Shinken and Iaito in my collection.  

Thanks :grin:. Yeah its a fairly long one... im going to upload a new one soon with a shorter version, and more curve in all of them.

Think I should include my Uruk Hai cleaver sword in the package? Not sure how popular it would be. I just did it for fun heh.

TheMageLord said:
Hows this look? Changed the curve.

The curve of the blade looks great but also keep in mind that the Tsuka also has a cruve of it's own.  This is because the tang of the sword curves along with the blade in the forging process.  The curve of the Tsuka is not normally quite as severe as the blade itself but does have a similar but less of a proportion of curve to the blade.  This is true with most Katana, Wakizashi, and O-Dachi.  Great work though!  THis is one of the better Video Game adaptions of the katana I have seen in a long time.

Theres the short, medium, and long version. I have a bit more curve on the short and medium, due to the length difference, since I brought them all to the left the same amount. I kinda like the shorter one having a more pronounced curve, and the longer one being a bit straighter. On the short one i made the handle shorter, and moved it down a bit so it wouldnt look like he was holding it from the very tip. Longer one I increased handle size, and also moved it down, since its supposed to be a two handed version. Left handle the same on middle one, since I already liked how the guy was gripping it in the center of the handle.

For scale against other items, the short one is the length of a spiked mace, the medium is the length of a arming sword, and the long one is the length of a war sword.

edit - I put a bit of curve in one handle. It actually looks nice in game. I'll go ahead and curve the short and long versions too :smile:
edit2 - heres a screenshot of all three blades again, with slightly curved handles. It brought the polygon count up a little bit, but its still way lower than most vanilla items hehe. I think it looks nice...

Yup, your three swords a very nicely done and pretty close to accurate.  The only change I would make would be to give the tsuka a bit more curve.  Great job!  I hope to be able to play with these three swords in game soon :smile:

Edit - Just caught your updated pic.  Very nice!

Kodashi said:
Yup, your three swords a very nicely done and pretty close to accurate.  The only change I would make would be to give the tsuka a bit more curve.  Great job!  I hope to be able to play with these two swords in game soon :smile:

Yeah, im glad you said something about curving the handles. They do look alot better with curve. See edited post with the ss of it.

As for seeing it ingame, im going to go ahead and update my file on the repository in a few minutes. Just have to make a new meshs file, the material and such is the same. Not sure if I should include the "uruk hai scimitar" or not, since it really doesnt relate to katanas hehe.

Ok, everything is uploaded on the repository. I tested it ingame to make sure it all works, looks fine. No holes in them, so thats a good sign.  :grin:

(heh, my very very first attempt at moving the first one ingame was a mess, since I forgot to triangulate)

Enjoy!

TheMageLord said:
Ok, everything is uploaded on the repository. I tested it ingame to make sure it all works, looks fine. No holes in them, so thats a good sign.  :grin:

(heh, my very very first attempt at moving the first one ingame was a mess, since I forgot to triangulate)

Enjoy!

Theseare excellent!  Can the files be added to any mod?  I'd like to add the swords to my Last Days character :smile:

Yeah you can add them to any mod. Its a bit more complicated getting them ingame on Last Days though, since you cant open it in the editor due to some issues hehe.

You could still add it into another mod, go into the bottom of the text file where they were created at, then copy all that and paste it into the bottom of last days item_kinds.txt. It should start showing up in stores after the next store refresh, since it would then be part of the list of items to draw from. As far as I know this should work fine... I was testing earlier moving it into my own little custom mods save file to see if it would work, and after waiting a few days the stores updated and had them for sale at the top of the list.

TheMageLord said:
Yeah you can add them to any mod. Its a bit more complicated getting them ingame on Last Days though, since you cant open it in the editor due to some issues hehe.

You could still add it into another mod, go into the bottom of the text file where they were created at, then copy all that and paste it into the bottom of last days item_kinds.txt. It should start showing up in stores after the next store refresh, since it would then be part of the list of items to draw from. As far as I know this should work fine... I was testing earlier moving it into my own little custom mods save file to see if it would work, and after waiting a few days the stores updated and had them for sale at the top of the list.

Thanks so much! I'll give it a try when I get home from work :smile:

Has anyone tried making new races? I mean, actually fight Uruk Hai holding Uruk swords. I tried adding in the undead guys, but they acted just like normal people (and sounded like them, too). Or would it be too hard? 'Cos if the LOTR Mod doesn't have Uruk Hai, then whaddathehell?

lotr mod has orc faces, Ive never tried making those yet though. I think all they did was do a texture to make it look like an orc though.

With the ability to make helmets now im sure someone could make a helmet that looks like a uruk face and have all of them wear the helmets though...

EbonKnight said:
This is looking awesome. Now we just need to get that scimitar into Last Days, heh.

Haha, seems like I remember reading that they didnt like the scim from the movies.

Just made another item that is totally unrelated to the other items I made...

Its a two handed axe based on this axe. I have a friend that has one and when I thought about what to make next for some reason this popped into my head, hehe. I think its reasonably scaled to fit the dimensions mentioned on that page, but I think I may have made it a teeny bit on the long side, unless my character is just short :smile: Its the same size as the great axe though. As far as I know there hasnt been one like this made yet for M&B hehe. Heres some pics, tell me what you think.

Heres one of generic squire thrusting it (thats what the point is for! :grin:, none of the vanilla axes have points)

Heres another one of the famous generic squire swinging it.

And ofcourse the image collection couldnt be complete without a wings photo.

If I keep this up I'll have a big weapon pack of assorted totally unrelated items :grin:

Who knows what I'll do next...

Back
Top Bottom