OSP 3D Art MageLord Weapon Pack - updated march 14, 2006

Users who are viewing this thread

There's no stopping you... so how about branching out into the ranged weapon - uh, range? Like the popular Chinese repeating crossbow, for example? :grin:

I'm terrible at Wings - well, at anything more complicated than a barrel, anyway. That tut Yoshiboy posted was a bit too much of a leap from barrels for me. There's a big gap where I assume you're supposed to play around with the model of the weapon and its texture and stuff, that's where I got stuck anyway.

Pug said:
There's no stopping you... so how about branching out into the ranged weapon - uh, range? Like the popular Chinese repeating crossbow, for example? :grin:

I'm terrible at Wings - well, at anything more complicated than a barrel, anyway. That tut Yoshiboy posted was a bit too much of a leap from barrels for me. There's a big gap where I assume you're supposed to play around with the model of the weapon and its texture and stuff, that's where I got stuck anyway.

I was actually thinking of making a repeating crossbow next. I never even used his tutorial... glanced through it but didnt follow it, I did that barrel thing since I couldnt for the life of me figure out UV mapping on my own, but the rest I just fiddled with till it worked.

TheMageLord said:
... next on my list is getting a better program for texturing, but for now I’m happy with paint.

Blender is best program for modeling!! and Gimp is the best for making textures

they're both open source (free :grin: )and VERY good!  they are easy to use and you can get tuts for them if you need help.    Cheers!

-Llew-

those look very Kewl :wink:

I got a chance to play around with your models in game last night and had a blast.  Now all I need is a set of Samurai Yoroi and a Kobuto helm and I'll be all set!  Thanks MageLord!

In reply to Llew2, im having a good time using wings3d. Its free and seems to work very well. I have gimp too but it seems to be a bit of a pain in the ass to use, but I guess I just need to sit down with it and learn it. For now im happy stealing textures from actual images of things and putting them on my items (like taking the colors from the side of a gold bar for the gold on the katana, an actual picture of a emerald for the emerald on it, and actual pictures of the weapons for the blades of them).

In reply to Kodashi, im glad your enjoying them. I may eventually try my hand at making samurai helms and armor and such, but I think thats a bit more complicated hehe. Wont know until I try though...

Right now im working on the chu ko nu, I have the model finished just need to go ahead and get a good wood texture and put it on it. The model looks pretty good imo so far. Making it in the back position, and it will stay like that and fire like the other xbows. Sadly there isnt a way to make it actually move, and it will be fired just like the other xbows from the shoulder. No way to change that heh. I'll post a pic soon as I get a decent texture stuck on it.

Chu-ko-nu is finished. Heres some screens of it.

In game shot looking down the clip of it to see the bolt (too bad I cant make it use a special bolt_on_crossbow file, could make it look like it has multiple bolts)

Another ingame shot of it from the side. The handle on it looks a little odd where it is, but I cant make the character hold it differently, and a chu-ko-nu without the handle wouldnt be right at all.

Heres a side view of it in wings.

And a top view in wings

I was going to smooth it out a little more on the handle, but its already 520 polys with all the other stuff, and I didnt really want to increase that too much more. It still looks fine to me though. I dont really like the texture I picked for it now that I look at it ingame, and its probably not the best texture job, but im still reasonably happy with it.

I made it ingame with these stats: accuracy 75, damage 25, speed 45, velocity 30, quantity 10. I also put it as reload_pistol since I wanted it to be reloadable on the run (the crossbow reload looks even worse than the pistol reload for it imo heh). It came out to be a pretty fun weapon. With those stats you can shoot them off pretty darn fast at a decent accuracy but less range than the other crossbows. Seems to fit pretty well. I had so much fun with it that ive been shooting river pirates full of bolts for a while before I even posted this, heh heh.

I tried fiddling around with a heavy crossbow, making accuracy 100 and velocity 100, and quantity 10. Have you tried tapping the left mouse button really quickly? The bolts go in all directions - it'd be good if that could be negated.

the speed is too high. Best accuracy you can set is 100 (other numbers just go to 100 ingame), beyond that you just need to set it a slow enough speed for it to take a second aiming before firing. 45 works well enough to give you rapid fire and good accuracy, especially at 100. You can really let the 10 bolts fly fast at 45 speed. I just tried it and it took 7 seconds to fire all 10, thats a plenty good enough rate of fire, and you still have accuracy - probably as much or more accuracy than youd have with a real repeating crossbow firing that fast heh.

I set accuracy to 75 and velocity to 30 (as I said in previous post) and was still doing good firing it. I was hitting with at least every other shot against river pirates, and took all 12 down before they got to me, even with the damage set to 25. (was taking 2-3 shots per pirate, cept for a few headshots, and even some of those it took a second)

Edit - and with hitting every other shot I mean I was firing like a madman at them without any aim time other than the delay between the click and the fire.

After a bit of thinking I decided that I wanted to make a large two handed blade, but I didnt want it to be too much like the ones ingame right now. So after a big of googling I found something that looked nice.

So, heres my newest creation, the zweihander. I modeled it based on this.

Heres an ingame image of it.

A view from wings

And another view from wings

Due to the extra details like side rings and such it comes in at a few more polys than my other creations, but it still slides in at a reasonable 476.

Look forward to seeing it on the repository as soon as I get a few more items to go with it.

Now I just need to find something else to make. It takes me longer to find a good image of an item that I want to make than it does to make them. Mainly because I try to find something thats at least a bit unique looking and wont just fit in with the vanilla stuff.

edit: Also made a wavy bladed version, a flamberge I think it would be called. Looks exactly the same except for the serpentine blade. Has a few more polys though, coming in at 572. Heres a screen of it after I had some fun with river pirates...

It looks so good bloody, maybe I should color it red :lol:

His weapon pack was amde for version 7.31, so there might be some converting to get done before you can sue it in the current version, 7.51

So, is this weapon pack available for 808?

And can you put these weapons into other mods, like say, the Firearms mod? If so, how (mod newbie here tt)

Yes its pretty easy to take them into any other mod. You just copy the brf files into the other brf files and enter the meshes in module_items.py. But this is such a generalised method of doing that there was no need for resurrecting a dead thread. So let it die away and if you need the files just PM theMageLord privately

Can i use the uruk-hai sword and the sword with the emerald for my mod?

Back
Top Bottom