Mage/Cleric Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Eli the Mage

Recruit
I like this mod a lot, but there is an issue I seem to be encountering.

When I make a character, I select the following options:
Male
Father was a travelling merchant
My early life was as a shop assistant
I became a Mage apprentice
I adventured because of a sense of duty
My secondary class is a Cleric
My race is Magi

When I first start up the game, my primary class is mage, and my secondary is a cleric as expected. However, When the option to pick an alignment of good, neutral, or evil appears, I pick neutral alignment along with Mystra (goddess of magic) as my patron goddess. Following the action of picking Mystra, I end up losing Mage as my Primary class to become a Cleric. Thus, I have a Primary Cleric and Secondary cleric class. Furthermore, this results in my loss of casting magical spells.

If I do a Cleric/Mage instead of Mage/Cleric, everything seems to work fine, but then I lose Mage as a primary class.

Is this a bug? Rather, is their any way to fix the save with an editor (I got MnB SaveGameEditor)? If there was no difference between the primary and secondary classes, this would not be an issue, but I think I read somewhere that the primary class gained faster spell recovery, so I was aiming to have that benefit for the mage class.

I like this mod a lot, but there is an issue I seem to be encountering.

When I make a character, I select the following options:
Male
Father was a travelling merchant
My early life was as a shop assistant
I became a Mage apprentice
I adventured because of a sense of duty
My secondary class is a Cleric
My race is Magi

When I first start up the game, my primary class is mage, and my secondary is a cleric as expected. However, When the option to pick an alignment of good, neutral, or evil appears, I pick neutral alignment along with Mystra (goddess of magic) as my patron goddess. Following the action of picking Mystra, I end up losing Mage as my Primary class to become a Cleric. Thus, I have a Primary Cleric and Secondary cleric class. Furthermore, this results in my loss of casting magical spells.

If I do a Cleric/Mage instead of Mage/Cleric, everything seems to work fine, but then I lose Mage as a primary class.

Is this a bug? Rather, is their any way to fix the save with an editor (I got MnB SaveGameEditor)? If there was no difference between the primary and secondary classes, this would not be an issue, but I think I read somewhere that the primary class gained faster spell recovery, so I was aiming to have that benefit for the mage class.
Good catch, I will examine the code here and fix for the next release, which I expect in around 2 weeks (thus Mid April 2024).

Back
Top Bottom