MAGA!

Users who are viewing this thread

ceprast

Recruit
Make Armor Great Again. Why what else did you think I meant?

seriously does anyone know if they plan on making armor actually matter in this game? There have been tons of threads going back almost to release of EA pointing out how the lack of armor protection is horrible for the gameplay. Basically it means that only troops that avoid getting hit in the first place are actually useable like Archers and HA. Its why Fians are so overpowered and can dominate pretty much anything. Its a sick joke that you'll lose a bunch of imperial legionaires to looters/recruits/peasants if you actually try and engage them with infantry.

I haven's seen anything indicating that they plan on fixing this which has me worried, if they don't think its a problem and keep this in the actual release I'm not gonna play it.

im using realistic battle mod and with it armor is super important, makes battles last longer and missile damage isnt that effective against armor. but the base game suck with armor. it feels like you have a shirt on when yyou go in to battle. they really need to fix that!

i reallly dont understand what is going on! but this is my theory. the game was in development for almost ten years, ive heard that they had to make and remake the game twice, they were running out of money and decided to put the game in EA so that they could get some more money to keep working on the game. may of the mistakes and bugs in this game should not have been there since the beggining. it felt like it wasnt really tested before launching it to EA. i love mount and blade, warband was a game i spent so many years on i i really see this game beig really good in the future i just hoped that TW would be more clear as to what is going on and where they are heading.

I'm agreeing with this thread - we need a major buff for armor across the board. I think there has been a few threads on this.

Arrows are too powerful right now against armor and and to be honest, hits in general cause too much damage across the board.

im using realistic battle mod and with it armor is super important, makes battles last longer and missile damage isnt that effective against armor. but the base game suck with armor. it feels like you have a shirt on when yyou go in to battle. they really need to fix that!

To be honest, at this point, realistic battle mod might be best if it were made into stock.

Last edited:
I started using drastic battle which is pretty good, but still we shouldn't be relying on mods that will go out of date and conflict for what should be in the base game already. Which is why I want to know if the Devs actually understand its a problem and are going to fix it. Seems like they arent because they actually just nerfed armor even more.

I started using drastic battle which is pretty good, but still we shouldn't be relying on mods that will go out of date and conflict for what should be in the base game already. Which is why I want to know if the Devs actually understand its a problem and are going to fix it. Seems like they arent because they actually just nerfed armor even more.
i agree, the drastic battle mod is amazing. has many customizations while not messing with the game's native armor weapon interaction and calculations

the realistic battle mod isn't good imo, i've tried using both. the major difference is that the realistic battle mod just straight up increased all the armor value which impacted the balance of the weapons. effectively nerfing low dmg weapons to the ground and buffing high damage weapons by comparison. that mode also took the liberty of nerfing all ranged weapon accuracy so you can't hit a barn door with 250 bow skills. also the mod buffed certain long weapons reach, which effectively making 1h weapons completely unviable considering the damage balance nerf also.

the drastic battle mod doesn't change armor values but increases armor effectiveness overall while reducing weapon armor penetration and the weapons damage are still balanced like in vanilla.

i reallly dont understand what is going on! but this is my theory. the game was in development for almost ten years, ive heard that they had to make and remake the game twice, they were running out of money and decided to put the game in EA so that they could get some more money to keep working on the game. may of the mistakes and bugs in this game should not have been there since the beggining. it felt like it wasnt really tested before launching it to EA. i love mount and blade, warband was a game i spent so many years on i i really see this game beig really good in the future i just hoped that TW would be more clear as to what is going on and where they are heading.
they sold 6 million warband copies. even if they were sold at 5$, that would be 21 million $ after the steam cut. how can you spend that much money in turkey? (it's very cheap country to live in especially if you have $$$)

they sold 6 million warband copies. even if they were sold at 5$, that would be 21 million $ after the steam cut. how can you spend that much money in turkey? (it's very cheap country to live in especially if you have $$$)
I mean it was like ten years ago, and Turkey isn't that cheap.

lol since early access in march they sold 6 million copies of bannerlord at full price which is 60 usd a pop
they've made 350 million USD + in sales already, frankly enough budget to hire the 800 men Blizzard fired last year

lol since early access in march they sold 6 million copies of bannerlord at full price which is 60 usd a pop
they've made 350 million USD + in sales already, frankly enough budget to hire the 800 men Blizzard fired last year
idk why people keep using the 60$ figure for bannerlord. it was announced for 50$ and sold for 40$ for two weeks on early access.
money was never their issue. they posted that they were looking to hire people, if the guys from blizzard wanted the job, they would've applied.

i agree, the drastic battle mod is amazing. has many customizations while not messing with the game's native armor weapon interaction and calculations

the realistic battle mod isn't good imo, i've tried using both. the major difference is that the realistic battle mod just straight up increased all the armor value which impacted the balance of the weapons. effectively nerfing low dmg weapons to the ground and buffing high damage weapons by comparison. that mode also took the liberty of nerfing all ranged weapon accuracy so you can't hit a barn door with 250 bow skills. also the mod buffed certain long weapons reach, which effectively making 1h weapons completely unviable considering the damage balance nerf also.

the drastic battle mod doesn't change armor values but increases armor effectiveness overall while reducing weapon armor penetration and the weapons damage are still balanced like in vanilla.
Does drastic battle mod change the AI like Realistic Battle Mod? What I like about RBM is that shielders will turtle up if they are in danger. It makes the battles last longer and and puts more emphasis on maneuvering (shields don't help when you get men behind them).

yes it is
"Cost of living rank 537th out of 586 cities in the world."
Lol did you take a moment to actually understand that info or did you just stop at the headline. Just cuz its lower than NY doesn't mean its cheap, 30% of one of the most expensive places in the world is still a lot.

Not to mention they are running a business not just living, costs aren't going to scale the same when they are competing on an international tech market to the price of bananas.

I think the problem is hiring people that speak turkish. I seriously doubt they all speak English in the office

I think the problem is hiring people that speak turkish. I seriously doubt they all speak English in the office
I mean like what did you expect it's a turkish company based in the capital of Turkey and that capital is right in the middle of Turkey I'd say 20 speak fluent english 30 can speak but in broken but understandable english and the rest have some very basic knowledge

I mean like what did you expect it's a turkish company based in the capital of Turkey and that capital is right in the middle of Turkey I'd say 20 speak fluent english 30 can speak but in broken but understandable english and the rest have some very basic knowledge
What I mean is that it should be difficult to hire people from outside, for example fired blizzard employees can't just learn Turkish in like a day and leave their lives behind and move to another country just to work for a company. And I don't know how many programmers and experienced game developers work in Turkey right now, aside from the ones that are already working in Taleworlds. I'm just guessing here tho, but like you've said, it's quite obvious they communicate and have work sheets in turkish for that reason

What I mean is that it should be difficult to hire people from outside, for example fired blizzard employees can't just learn Turkish in like a day and leave their lives behind and move to another country just to work for a company. And I don't know how many programmers and experienced game developers work in Turkey right now, aside from the ones that are already working in Taleworlds. I'm just guessing here tho, but like you've said, it's quite obvious they communicate and have work sheets in turkish for that reason
No language is learnt in one day and I don't see many people looking to move to another country work for probably a smaller paycheck when they could stay home and find another job in their home country for the same things like unless it's a dedicated mount and blade fan who knows programming.

No language is learnt in one day and I don't see many people looking to move to another country work for probably a smaller paycheck when they could stay home and find another job in their home country for the same things like unless it's a dedicated mount and blade fan who knows programming.
Yeah... That's exactly what I meant

Back
Top Bottom