Macro Overall Feeling: The Game Lacks of Vitality

Users who are viewing this thread

Conquerrr

Veteran
Dear Taleworlds,
After playing bannerlord for hundreds of hours, I felt emptiness and I started to think about why. At first I thought it was caused by the lack of content in the EA stage, but after careful thinking, I think the problem lies in the lack of vitality of the game.
Compared with Bannerlord, Warband does not have such a complicated system, but it is more substantiated and will not feel empty. Why? Because at least Warband has vitality. Playing warband, I know every king and lord, every unit and every npc. . . I know that every one of my companions, even pirates, are so impressed. Warband has more successfully shaped the image of computer characters in the hearts of players. Love, friendship (even family affection in some mods). . . Friends and enemies, lords and fiefs, kings and vassals, at least I can feel that they are alive.
But in Bannerlord, there are births and deaths, but they are so casual and not solemn. People are born and die every day, but so what? I don't care about the life or death of a person who has nothing to do with me! However, if I or my relatives and friends give birth to children, we should all be happy about it. My relatives and friends have passed away, and we feel sad about it; my friends congratulated them for their victory, and I comforted them and rejoiced for their safety. Family, love, friendship, I can't feel them.
With so many roles in Calradia, I only remember the kings and the main lords. I don't know my companion, I just remember what he can do for me. My companion died, find another one, and then forgot, who cares? I married my wife just for her equipment and the children who will be my heirs. There is no so-called ambiguity. I can arrest my father-in-law and go to jail. My wife will not intercede for him because she can't see this. . .
I wish I could feel more humanity, not facing robots. I hope that there will be more relationship changes and their linkages, and not only changes in relationship numbers, but tangible impacts, including changes in conversation and behavior.
I have played Kingdom Come: Deliverance these past few days. There is no doubt that it is very immersive as a role-playing game. I have also played strategy games such as Crusader Kings. The complex system is amazing. What I want to say is that Mount&Blade is a unique game type! It can learn from the excellent parts of other games, but it shouldnot lose the overall feeling of the game. This feeling is wonderful and unique, which makes people addicted. At least for now, I have found a sense of lack: the sense of substitution brought about by vitality. To be sure, Bannerlord can develop more content in the direction of military strategy, but the overall feeling of Mount&Blade shouldnot be lost in the direction of role-playing. As for how to retrieve that feeling in a less complicated system, I can't make professional suggestions.

I need to check the encyclopedia to remember who are my friends and who are my enemies ...

Maybe is related with the clan system, your relationship level is with the clan so, in someway, it makes the individuals less important, not sure own can be addressed due I like the clan idea but at same time some NPC should have a special relationship with you, at least your wife/husband!! lol !!

I need to check the encyclopedia to remember who are my friends and who are my enemies ...

Maybe is related with the clan system, your relationship level is with the clan so, in someway, it makes the individuals less important, not sure own can be addressed due I like the clan idea but at same time some NPC should have a special relationship with you, at least your wife/husband!! lol !!
This mod does that. So it certainly can be addressed.

While its cool to have a mod for opinions and all, thats like putting a bandaid on a gushing wound. Ive never played CK and while i do enjoy NPC personality conflict and mechanics, i can tell that combat just aint my cup of tea. that said, you dont have to go CK level to make Bannerlord interesting -again look at Prophecy of Pendor -many people can still remember the NPC's from that mod because not only were they rich in flavor, but the entire lands history, backstory and lore were all tied in as Canon and that just makes the whole game feel rich and alive.

Even if Taleworlds decides to do this i dont have much faith they are committed to make any sort of interesting story. Nertzees Folly seems like it was dreamt up in mid afternoon stoner session somewhere between cheese puffs and pie. Who there is committed to interesting NPCs, backstory and lore?

This mod does that. So it certainly can be addressed.

Thks for the link, I just read the 'True Gameplay Overhaul' mod set and looks impressive, It seems to add many of the 'add immersion' stuff that the forum is clamming. I hope that something like these improvements would be added to the vanilla version but I wouldn't bet at all.

Thks for the link, I just read the 'True Gameplay Overhaul' mod set and looks impressive, It seems to add many of the 'add immersion' stuff that the forum is clamming. I hope that something like these improvements would be added to the vanilla version but I wouldn't bet at all.

Just be aware those mods dont look like theyve been updated since last August

Just be aware those mods dont look like theyve been updated since last August
I am not going to use them by now, I just added a bookmark to be able to check them in future, but thanks for the advice anyway.

I like to play vanilla to track changes and overall game progress, I just hoped that armagan and other decision maker guys would go in a similar direction, if not (which seems to be the most possible outcome) I will go back to these mods or similar after the final release.

It is so sad, I mean WB vanilla needed some basic mods to be fully enjoyable like the diplomacy ones, BL seems to go in the same direction, in this aspect is a true sequel.

I had tried the ''True Gameplay Overhaul' mod and it used to be my hope to keep playing.But unfortunately the author had given up on updating it.

While its cool to have a mod for opinions and all, thats like putting a bandaid on a gushing wound. Ive never played CK and while i do enjoy NPC personality conflict and mechanics, i can tell that combat just aint my cup of tea. that said, you dont have to go CK level to make Bannerlord interesting -again look at Prophecy of Pendor -many people can still remember the NPC's from that mod because not only were they rich in flavor, but the entire lands history, backstory and lore were all tied in as Canon and that just makes the whole game feel rich and alive.

Even if Taleworlds decides to do this i dont have much faith they are committed to make any sort of interesting story. Nertzees Folly seems like it was dreamt up in mid afternoon stoner session somewhere between cheese puffs and pie. Who there is committed to interesting NPCs, backstory and lore?
That's what I mean. Bannerlord doesn't need to be as complicated as CK, or as realistic as Kingdom Come, but have the immersion of Mount&Blade.

I would love if Bannerlord borrowed some from Kingdom Come to add more immersion. Some aspects are obviously outside the scope of the game, but I suspect some things would be easy to implement to flesh out the world. Such as unique and memorable NPCs that offer more interaction than the current seemingly unfinished greetings and conversations.

No doubt that's in the pipe @DJenxu1
This is the TW mark and they know a lot of people do care about it.

Man had similar words when Warband was about to succeed Mount&Blade.
Keep Faith !

I've felt the same on a lot of playthroughs so far. And like someone said i only know who my friends are because of the encyclopedia. Would be cool if a friend passed by and said hello occasionally ect. The only credit i can give here is i have had a few instances where i've done something and a companion will disagree with what i did. I actually enjoyed that, and it was enough to stay in my mind that it happened. Those kinds of things make the playthrough more personable. The idea of a wife interjecting over her fathers imprisonment would be awesome.

No doubt that's in the pipe @DJenxu1
This is the TW mark and they know a lot of people do care about it.

Man had similar words when Warband was about to succeed Mount&Blade.
Keep Faith !
The game can continue to fill a lot of content, but I think that if the game develops in the wrong direction, it will be difficult for me to expect too much. The current game makes me feel that I am developing in the direction of fast-paced conquering, fast-paced battles and clicking the window. It feels like the player has already prepared the way to play as a king or lord when the player starts playing. This makes the player lost A lot of patience and fun in the early experience started from nothing to explore. I think it is not too late to correct the incorrect direction. Sorry for my poor English.

Last edited:
I've felt the same on a lot of playthroughs so far. And like someone said i only know who my friends are because of the encyclopedia. Would be cool if a friend passed by and said hello occasionally ect. The only credit i can give here is i have had a few instances where i've done something and a companion will disagree with what i did. I actually enjoyed that, and it was enough to stay in my mind that it happened. Those kinds of things make the playthrough more personable. The idea of a wife interjecting over her fathers imprisonment would be awesome.
Yes, it increases the gameplay of war strategy, but it loses a lot of exploration fun.

Back
Top Bottom