Macro Abuse

Users who are viewing this thread

Chillum

Recruit
is there anything to be done about the rampant macro abuse? Faster swings, combos and easier blocks.

There is no report option that I see?

Did taleworlds say macro abuse is allowed?

I do not have anything capped, as Im not a streamer and do not record gameplay. However a quick test with a simple swing macro in sp can show you that it makes comboing much easier and faster.

I tried this because I was constantly seeing people with two hands and other one handers start swinging during my wind up and were still able to get it off before my 1hs.

I also saw a player who was feinting consistently without ever entering block.

Just instantly transferring from an overhead with a two handed axe, as soon as I block up, her swing stops and immediately comes in from the side, there was no time to react, even though with a shield its as simple as turning the camera. She was able to do it on command, multiple times a fight.

There is no feint button that I know of, other then blocking to cancel the swing, but she never once entered block animations, just two handed swings at the speed of a one hander that she was also able to feint.

Can you try recording you using the macro then? I'm not convinced this would be any better than manually doing stuff.

I also saw a player who was feinting consistently without ever entering block.

Just instantly transferring from an overhead with a two handed axe, as soon as I block up, her swing stops and immediately comes in from the side, there was no time to react, even though with a shield its as simple as turning the camera. She was able to do it on command, multiple times a fight.

There is no feint button that I know of, other then blocking to cancel the swing, but she never once entered block animations, just two handed swings at the speed of a one hander that she was also able to feint.

They don't need to enter block, simply tapping it resets your attack into something else. Either that or it was a chain attack.

The block animation doesnt have to show to feint, you can quickly tap attack then block and attack again to change directions without the block animation showing

And this was instantly done. By using macros.
its very easy to do it without macros consistently trust me it was probably just a player from warband mp. There was certainly use of macros in warband but that was for more complicated feints, they arent needed for switching attack directions without blocking.

its very easy to do it without macros consistently trust me it was probably just a player from warband mp. There was certainly use of macros in warband but that was for more complicated feints, they arent needed for switching attack directions without blocking.
I played WB mp. And these people stutter around until they attack just like people in WB did when using macros.

They are just good at feints, i can do it myself.. they almost look like full swings you just cancel it really late and only tap block

I played WB mp. And these people stutter around until they attack just like people in WB did when using macros.

Stutter-feinting was a thing you could do in WB without even using a macro. I did it all the time. It's a thing in Bannerlord - literally just shake your mouse rapidly when holding a swing.

WB macros (and somebody else correct me if I'm wrong) were used to access very specific sprite glitches that could only be reached through specific block/attack combinations without needing to learn the specific muscle-memory used for them and simply perform these at a simple click of a button. I doubt something like that could be useful in BL, where pretty much all complex feints are gone.

Faster swings, easier combos and blocks can come from practice and quick reactions, but also mechanics such as active blocks or stances.

Back
Top Bottom