SP Modern Machine Crossbow with Explosive Bolt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Windfarer

Recruit
uc

(Click me) YouTube Video - Machine Crossbow In Action

One-Woman-Army: Machine Crossbow (with Explosive Bolt) is my personal mod inspired by games or narratives where the main character is not made equal to other npcs, but rather godly overpowered! I intend to release this mod in the future when it becomes more stable.

How can OP-ness feel fun and not boring? At a glance, this could just be an OP / cheat mod that gives instant gratification, but I'm thinking of some kind of a progression system. Let's say that the player character cannot take more than 10 troops in the party or is forced to solo. More importantly, he or she starts with a very weak version of the machine crossbow. The accuracy and damage are low. There crossbow's bolt/clip does not hold that many bullets and are not explosive. Through leveling and putting points into the perks (damage boost, area of effect boost, more ammo per clip, etc), you would gradually become the most OP entity in the world. The other thing that matters is how fast you move through the battlefield. No matter how strong the crossbow is, you can die very easily from ranged units. The perk-system could give you some bonuses to this as well.

Future refinement: Possible a new crossbow model, the weapon / character backstory, and other stuff. I will be very busy in the upcoming months so I don't know when I'd be able to continue modding.

Last edited:
Actually it would be nice if you had like 10 bolts to shoot before a reload, but also bad accuracy. Something less cheaty. That would cost a lot of maybe a quest-line to obtain and a lot of skill for an end-game treat.

Back
Top Bottom