MP Sci-Fi Star Wars: BF II - new team, new thread

What item/troop would you like to see in Bear: Force unleashed?

• IG-100 MagnaGuard (already in/no need to vote)

Votes: 45 4.8%
  • Wookie

Votes: 202 21.5%
  • Bounty Hunter (for example: Mandalorian)

Votes: 247 26.3%
  • Droideka

Votes: 204 21.7%
  • Speeder Bike

Votes: 151 16.1%
  • Weird crocodile like thing you wear on the back to prevent forces to be used near you

Votes: 89 9.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Well sadly most of us don't know that since we didn't get the chance to play it, despite following this mod for months. Which is why I still don't understand why the Alpha wasn't released?

Its just how you treat the people who were following the mods progress from day one. I personally find this a big **** you to the fans from Highlander.

FYI: At the time of the alpha testing the mod was not ready for a release. IIRC A few days later a new version of Warband was released, which made things even more difficult.
Personally I have no problem with putting the mod open source, but most of the models are created by other people and I can't speak for them. Recently someone asked me about continuing the mod via PM and I told him the same.

You can find the most recent version here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2yVlCmQ_g3WVzhaSWwtY0pSX0E
If you form a team and continue the mod, you may do so.
If you want to use code in another mod, you may do so.
If you want to use models in another mod, ask the person who made them (brf files are separated by author).

The code was written for an older version of warband and required Script Enhancer for the server (only).

Highlander said:
FYI: At the time of the alpha testing the mod was not ready for a release. IIRC A few days later a new version of Warband was released, which made things even more difficult.
Personally I have no problem with putting the mod open source, but most of the models are created by other people and I can't speak for them. Recently someone asked me about continuing the mod via PM and I told him the same.

You can find the most recent version here:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2yVlCmQ_g3WVzhaSWwtY0pSX0E
If you form a team and continue the mod, you may do so.
If you want to use code in another mod, you may do so.
If you want to use models in another mod, ask the person who made them (brf files are separated by author).

The code was written for an older version of warband and required Script Enhancer for the server (only).

Indeed.  I've formed a decent team so far and we're going to port your amazing mod to 1.154 version. I was going to keep our work kind of "secret" until the mod was ready and we could announce it on the forums , but anyway:

DanyEle: Coordinator, Coder
YourEnd: Coder
Italiano_X: Texturer + modeller
Lastman: Mapper
Peppe019: Texturer + Graphic designer
Rigadoon: Modeller + Texturer
Karantukki: Modeller + mapper
General Gustav: Phyton Coder + Historian :grin:
Wolfstar: Coder

We've already ported the mod to 1.153 and we're getting rid of major bugs day by day. The mod itself is playable and we're working hard to make it the best Star Wars Multiplayer mod possible.  The servers you see are being hosted by us for testing purposes. 

If you're interested in joining the team and giving us a hand, just PM me. 

THE MOD IS NOT DEAD ANYMORE  :wink:

Highlander
Thank you for your version, it really buggy and I could not use shooting, but I had fun.  :smile:

DanyEle
You could hint at.  :smile:

In any case it is good that the work continues.  I suggest you try to make an independent module as The Deluge.  By the way, you are taking the ideas and suggestions, or you have a lot of your own?  :grin:

NightHawkreal said:
Highlander
Thank you for your version, it really buggy and I could not use shooting, but I had fun.  :smile:

DanyEle
You could hint at.  :smile:

In any case it is good that the work continues.  I suggest you try to make an independent module as The Deluge.  By the way, you are taking the ideas and suggestions, or you have a lot of your own?  :grin:

We've got a couple of ideas at the moment , but fresh suggestions and things are more than welcome :wink: . Our version is way different from the one you actually tried, BTW

What are the Game Keys for:
-Using Force
-Switching Force
-Autofire Attack
-Safe landing with Force Jump and Jetpack.

Suggestions:
-You can try to add new races such as Twilek,Zabrak and such.
-Single Player,either on a single planet either on various planets such as Star Wars:Conquest that happens during the Clone Wars.
-Veichles.

A thing which I always figured would be perfect for combat would be to allow melee with firearms, but not allowing blocking. Giving Lightsaber users a clear advantage while allowing others to go into melee as well.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
What are the Game Keys for:
-Using Force
-Switching Force
-Autofire Attack
-Safe landing with Force Jump and Jetpack.

Suggestions:
-You can try to add new races such as Twilek,Zabrak and such.
-Single Player,either on a single planet either on various planets such as Star Wars:Conquest that happens during the Clone Wars.
-Veichles.

-Q
-C
-There's none yet
-That's fixed( in our version).

Thanks for the suggestions. We are planning to fix the current version and get rid of all bugs then add more factions and vehicles in the future. We could even talk about Singleplayer , but Star Wars: Conquest does that pretty good , we don't aim to recreate a clone of that mod.

Phalanx300 said:
A thing which I always figured would be perfect for combat would be to allow melee with firearms, but not allowing blocking. Giving Lightsaber users a clear advantage while allowing others to go into melee as well.

Good idea, indeed.

Going to create our own new topic for the mod soon.

Did you know you can crouch and walk while kneeled by holding CTRL?

DanyEle
I guess. Maybe I'll have to wait information. I hope you have solved the problem with a melee weapon for the clones? For example - the blades on their wrists. My dream - the blade is pulled out of gloves, when switching to a fist. And I dream of the regime "Invasion".

If you create your topic - you can put a link here?  I think it is needed for our forum.

Oh,I almost forgot:
-Double-Bladed Lightsabers(With new animations)
-New units for The Republic and The Separatists such as:Naboo Guard,Droideka etc.
-New force powers.

EDIT:
Anyway,guns won't autofire!

NightHawkreal said:
DanyEle
I guess. Maybe I'll have to wait information. I hope you have solved the problem with a melee weapon for the clones? For example - the blades on their wrists. My dream - the blade is pulled out of gloves, when switching to a fist. And I dream of the regime "Invasion".

If you create your topic - you can put a link here?  I think it is needed for our forum.

Yes, I'll definately post the link in this topic as well.  The "Invasion" mode's code is open source. Who knows, maybe in the future.  Regarding the bugged lightsabers, in our version, thanks to Wolfstar, they can deflect shots and work properly. Blasters sounds work fine too.

Back
Top Bottom