[M] ProMode Mod Full Release

Users who are viewing this thread

Wipeout

Recruit
ProMode is a very simple mod that makes all shields, horses, and ranged
weapons extremely heavy, slow, weak, and expensive.  In other words, useless.

The idea behind this is to allow duel servers to be able to operate without
the hassle of trolls/griefers joining the game, use mounted/ranged classes ruining the
duelers experience, while using the same name as another player in the server
thus making it impossible for the players to know which one to vote kick/ban.

I could see it being a lot of fun for those, like me, who don't like mounts, shields
and ranged weapons in none duel servers as well.

Download Links:
http://wipeout7.webs.com/ProMode.rar (.rar)
or
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1848 (.zip)

Umm... Not to discredit the value of your work, but might it be simpler to just remove ranged weapons, shields and horses? I haven't taken an in depth look at the module system for Warband, so I could be wrong.

Either way, I'm sure some people will probably use this, since constantly putting admins on a server can get troublesome.

It might be, it might not be.  I just started learning this stuff so I'm not real sure if that would work.
The way that I did it, made it so that I didn't have to use the module system and compile files and whatnot.

I think the name of this mod is a bit off. The name should describe better what the mod does, that way more people that like what you like will start using the mod.

My suggestion for name is: no shields melee mod (NSMM)

That is what this mod is about. Melee combat without shields.

I think ProMode is a perfect name because everyone knows all the Pro players don't use cowardly ranged weapons, shields, and horses  :wink:

Also I am working on some ideas to expand this mod.  I'm thinking that this mod would make more sense if the armors looked like characters from star wars.  So what I would I like to do is remove all the factions and weapons and replace them with 2 factions:  The Dark Side and The Light Side,  and replacing all the weapons with Light Sabers.  I would like to have a couple different light sabers for example there would be the normal Light Saber that will be just like the Two Handed sword then there would also be a Heavy Light Saber that will have a different color but it will be  shorter/slower and able to crush through blocks like the sledgehammer.

I also have some map ideas I want to implement, I would like to get rid of all the standard maps and replace them with smaller maps that are more suited for this mods game-play.  One map idea is to add a map just like 2fort.
I'm still learning how to mod this game however, so no promises on whether this will actually be done.

Without being offensive, but saying all the "pro" players don't use cowardly items... You do know this is childish talk, don't you?

Nice mod, works wonders for melee duels. At least for half of them since a shield is also considered melee as far as I'm concerned.

monoolho said:
Without being offensive, but saying all the "pro" players don't use cowardly items... You do know this is childish talk, don't you?

And you do realize that is sarcasm don't you? (Hence the "wink")

Of course not ALL players know that the Pros of M&B don't use the cowardly weapons.... 

Most are to nooby to realize this :lol:  (Again, I'm just trying to make a joke, please don't be offended)

monoolho said:
Nice mod, works wonders for melee duels. At least for half of them since a shield is also considered melee as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks.

As for shields; they completely negate the awesome melee combat system M&B has.  In my opinion when you duel shield vs shield it's really dull and lame, until one or both shields are broken, then you get to see who has any real skill at this game.  But then right after that, you get shot and killed by an archer 100 feet away and there's absolutely nothing you could do to prevent or counter it.  :mad:

[quote author=Wipeout]
you get shot and killed by an archer 100 feet away and there's absolutely nothing you could do to prevent or counter it.  :mad:
[/quote]

Shields are for blocking arrows, swords are for blocking swords. You wasted your shield in a sword fight, that's why you're defenseless against that sniping archer. M&B is like rock, paper, scissors, not scissors, scissors, scissors and if you choose rock or paper you're a nub :razz:

I just wanted a mod where a guy can battle people honorably, without getting shot at by 5 archers way across the map and horses that constantly buzz by trying hit them, then running away real fast...

Anyways, I've been working on the 2fort map.
Here is a pic the bridge WIP:

2fortbridge.jpg

I made sure to put roof over bridge so warriors are less annoyed by cowardly archers.

What I have decided to do with this mod is; instead of completely removing horses, shields, and ranged weapons, I'm going to make two new factions: Imperial and Rebels.  They will only be able to choose Lightsabers as their weapons.

I think this new map will be a lot of fun even with archers! (Now that's saying a lot I know  :grin:)
I'm still going to make horses useless and very expensive because the new map isn't designed for horses.  I don't want to see horses jumping off the battlements  :lol:

Just out of curiosity how many of you have played 2fort in Team fortress/TF2?

Wipeout said:
I think ProMode is a perfect name because everyone knows all the Pro players don't use cowardly ranged weapons, shields, and horses  :wink:

Also I am working on some ideas to expand this mod.  I'm thinking that this mod would make more sense if the armors looked like characters from star wars.  So what I would I like to do is remove all the factions and weapons and replace them with 2 factions:  The Dark Side and The Light Side,  and replacing all the weapons with Light Sabers.  I would like to have a couple different light sabers for example there would be the normal Light Saber that will be just like the Two Handed sword then there would also be a Heavy Light Saber that will have a different color but it will be  shorter/slower and able to crush through blocks like the sledgehammer.

I also have some map ideas I want to implement, I would like to get rid of all the standard maps and replace them with smaller maps that are more suited for this mods game-play.  One map idea is to add a map just like 2fort.
I'm still learning how to mod this game however, so no promises on whether this will actually be done.

It's really stupid and immature to say that using a feature of the game (made how it was intended to be made) is noobish. Ofcourse sometimes you can say that about some things, but come on, claiming that horses, shields and ranged weps are cowardish is stupid.

Ricox said:
It's really stupid and immature to say that using a feature of the game (made how it was intended to be made) is noobish. Ofcourse sometimes you can say that about some things, but come on, claiming that horses, shields and ranged weps are cowardish is stupid.

Wow, why are you archers so defensive?

Actually, I think I know why.  It's because deep down inside you know its true.
I know that using horses, shields, and ranged weapons is, in fact, cowardly and noobish because it's been proven by science, using the 6 step scientific method.  It is such an obvious, overwhelming fact, that some experts agree that this fact should even be added as one of the laws of thermodynamics. 

I find it a little ironic to say immature and stupid in the same sentence.  Your right though, I am stupid and immature.  I didn't know Mount and Blade was such serious business. 

I think you guys are being overly sensitive, and need to relax, and lighten up a bit.  It's obvious you guys don't seem to understand my sense of humor, that's my fault I guess.  Maybe it's cultural differences.  Where I'm from, we sometimes like to playfully taunt our opponents and that's all I'm doing when I say call archers cowards.  Heck, I play as archer sometimes.

However, there are times when I would like see what a normal game would be like without the annoyance of horses and archers, and that's where this mod comes in.

Couldnt stand by reading your post about useless range/archer/shields/horses. Did you realize that Mount and Blade is RENOWNED for their horse combat? Did you know Mount and Blade had "Mount" in the name? Did you realize that archers dominated the medieval battlefield? Did you know that the Longbow was the machinegun of its time? Did you know that without Bows and Arrows, we would still be stuck in the Dark Ages? Did you know that a shield was to defend against these archers and were used as melee weapons? Did you know that you we're insulting the game itself when you say all this? After you answer these questions Im sure you'll take back what you said. You realize that this could've been avoided if you used better wording.

EDIT: The point is that two sentences can be written to mean the same thing, yet they can have a TOTALLY different way of affecting the reader. But anyhow, I respect your mod to dueling, although I havent played it. I believe that all modders deserve respect :smile:

last_apoc said:
I find it ironic that no ones figured out your a troll yet.

I know and it's funny cuz this mod is a joke, your just making everyone run around with 2h swords/maces/axes naked like they do in Native, and people using shields, bows and horses are noobs?  Your probably one that runs around naked with a 2h mace too, aren't you.

:mad:

MountandBladeKinsman said:
Couldnt stand by reading your post about useless range/archer/shields/horses. Did you realize that Mount and Blade is RENOWNED for their horse combat? Did you know Mount and Blade had "Mount" in the name? Did you realize that archers dominated the medieval battlefield? Did you know that the Longbow was the machinegun of its time? Did you know that without Bows and Arrows, we would still be stuck in the Dark Ages? Did you know that a shield was to defend against these archers and were used as melee weapons? Did you know that you we're insulting the game itself when you say all this? After you answer these questions Im sure you'll take back what you said. You realize that this could've been avoided if you used better wording.

EDIT: The point is that two sentences can be written to mean the same thing, yet they can have a TOTALLY different way of affecting the reader. But anyhow, I respect your mod to dueling, although I havent played it. I believe that all modders deserve respect :smile:

Haha the troll who made this mod just got told

Back
Top Bottom