[M] OPEN_FIELDS warband mp maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Had a game today on a few maps, with and against Guttorm, it was great fun. Here are a few screens:

I led what was left of my ten Rhodok bots into this hut to escape Guttorm's Khergits. It was a good position, and soon after most of his Khergs were dead, and I think my side won with 1 standing:

mb1t.jpg

mb2r.jpg

On this one we were working together against a superior force (I made the error of giving the Sarranids too many bots, and their damn Mamelukes wiped the floor with us repeatedly as we attempted to defend this stalled caravan):

mb3r.jpg

Guttorm observes the approaching infantry. On this occasion we had managed to deal with the cavalry quite rapidly, as they clambered over the wagons (notice poor horses).
mb4x.jpg

Jest said:
What are the commands to launch certain maps?
Such as add_map multi_scene_4

Hello, I forgot to include the readme in the latest update, silly me. It's all in there. Anyway here are the maps that are currently in the mod (v0.7b).

Scene Names:                 Map names in-game:
multi_caravan_ambush_1              Caravan Ambush
multi_crezy_1                 Crezy
multi_gascony_1                 Gascony
multi_hastings_1                 Hastings 1066
multi_mini_castles_1                 Fortresses
multi_mini_circles_1                 Mounds & Moats
multi_rock_valley_1                 Rock Valley
multi_small_ruins_1                 Small Ruins
multi_stone_circles_1                 Ancient Stones
random_multi_desert_medium Random Desert (Medium)

To set up a dedicated server use the "add_map" command followed by the scene name.

Thanks for the screens DanAngleland, it was a fun game!
/Guttorm

ATS just recently used your mod for a organized battle event for the public, many of our players liked your mod. we'll be using them for future events i'm sure.

Thought I'd share some images of the next map I am working on. It will be a huge map, much bigger then any of the ones I've made so far. And it will present some interesting terrain that will give you many options when choosing your battleground. There is a big swamp that will be hard for horses to traverse, there are a few farms and campsites that will offer protection for footmen. There are a number of small but steep hills that archers can use to dominate their surroundings, and not least, there is a full city to be explored! The main road leading to the city is covered on both sides by large, deep ditches that can hide an entire army from sight. Inside the city itself you will find narrow alleys for intense close-quarters combat, and deep underneath the streets you can explore murky catacombs. Most places have more than one entrance, so make sure to watch your back!

I brought my camera for a hike in the surroundings, here's what it looks like:

Into the dungeon:
dungeon01.jpg
The city with ringwall:
ringwall01.jpg
City entrance in the background:
ringwall02.jpg
A farmstead makes an exellent defensive position:
farm01.jpg
A peasant tends to his crops:
farm02.jpg
Axe-training at the warcamp, ringwall in the background:
swamp03.jpg
A view of the swamp:
swamp01.jpg
Hiding in the woods:
swamp02.jpg
The road:
trench01.jpg
The trenches are deep and broad:
trench02.jpg

This map will be in the next update along with a new desert map. It will come out next friday 30/4.
/Guttorm

Swamp looks amazing, but what I like the most is the dungeon underneath.

Will it have AI mesh for bot support?

Hey, and new desert map, yay!  :smile:

That map looks interesting Guttorm, though I thought your previous maps were already quite large! Can't wait to play it. I especially like the idea of the trenches (deep and steep, that's good because I think they need to be like that to be effective) and the marshes as well. Sounds like there are plenty of different areas on the map for exciting combat.

Just bumping this thread since I am currently uploading the latest version of the mod to the Repository. A few days later than I said I would, and the reason for the delay is that I decided to finish a third map for the mod. This map is called Fjord and is a Norwegian fjord, a real Viking raiders lair! I am very excited about this map and I hope you like it too.

To adress some of the questions that I have neglected to answer:
All the new maps in this update have full working AI-meshes, There should not be any problems, but if you find anything not working please report it to me. Also a couple of the older maps have gotten AI-meshes, check out the readme in the mods root directory for more info.

As for the poll screen, I removed the vanilla MP maps from the vote so the list would be kept short. I figure that it's easy enough to switch to native if you want to play those maps. Also not all of the original maps conform to the idea of Open Fields. However it would be easy to reinsert them into the voting list if there would be a demand for it.

This time I remembered to put in the Readme file. It can be found in the Mod directory and there you'll find all the scene names you need to set up a dedicated server.
Please note that I have changed all the scene names for this update, so make sure you change them in your server init file correctly, as the old scene names will not work!

Some screens:

An overview of the bay
fjord01.jpg
Viking ship docked at the harbour
fjord02.jpg
Mighty Thor, god of thunder
Thor.jpg

The new version is available for download now, go get it at the MnM Repository
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1771
/Guttorm

Here are a few screens of a map that I just finished, it will be available with the next update of the mod. It is based on the battle of Thermophylae as depicted in the movie 300, and I think it will be very fun to fight on. The battlespace becomes very cramped here, hemmed in by mountains and sea, and there are more than one narrow pass that can be used to your advantage. There are also some walls, that can be climbed without ladders, so defend those ramparts! Maybe holding the narrows will be better. I think this map is the most beautiful I have made so far, and I hope you will enjoy it.
The gateway to hell
hotgate01.jpg
The Phokian wall, ancient ramparts
hotgate02.jpg
The pass itself, the Hot Gates
hotgate03.jpg
The unlucky
hotgate04.jpg
Our ancestors built these walls
hotgate08.jpg
Marshalling grounds
hotgate07.jpg
hotgate09.jpg
There are more than one narrow pass to get through. Andreopeia, the hidden goat path.
hotgate10.jpg
Entrance to Hades?
hotgate05.jpg
To the center of the earth
hotgate06.jpg

Looks great Guttorm :smile: I think you're right, it probably is the most beautiful map you've done yet; I like the way you've done that wall, it looks good and I think making it scalable without ladders will work well.

I have never encountered that. Do you remember what map was running, and do you have any probems hosting your own game using the mod and maps?

Guttorm said:
I have never encountered that. Do you remember what map was running, and do you have any probems hosting your own game using the mod and maps?

Sorry Guttorm, false alarm. I didn't extract the file properly last night and I had put the new file in a folder of its own within the existing Open Fields folder on my hard drive. I sorted it out and hosted a game, it is working fine now thanks. I did wonder last night why it didn't ask me if I wanted to overwrite the existing files, and now I know why!

Not a lot of open field maps being made lately since I have been busy playing Arch3rs mod The Battle for Calradia, with the ingenious Invasion gamemode. I love it! Since Arch3r kindly released the codes behind it, I have naturally made a mod using my own maps for Invasion. Some of my latest maps work very well with this gamemode. I wanted to share with you some images from an Invasion battle on the Hot Gates map. This is me with 25 nord bots, against waves of 50-60 invaders each. It is extremely fun I can tell you.
Images are rather dark unfortunately, due to the fog.
This is a little fun mod I made for myself and is not available for download, all Invasion scripts are made and supplied by Arch3r
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,112477.0.html

I go over the wall with my Housecarls
hotgates01.jpg

We make a stand in the pass
hotgates02.jpg

The first wave of invaders approach
hotgates03.jpg

The second wave of enemies fall before us
hotgates05.jpg

The bloody Housecarls with their warrior pride
housecarls06.jpg

More than 200 corpses litter the ground by now
hotgates08.jpg
Battleformations approach
hotgates07.jpg

The fighting is fierce
hotgates09.jpg

We counterattack
hotgates10.jpg

Upon the hills we gave them Hell
hotgates11.jpg

I lead my surviving Housecarls in a retreat through the forest
hotgates12.jpg

The last four Housecarls make a brave stand in the narrow pass
hotgates13.jpg

But it avails us nothing
hotgates14.jpg

Next is a map I made specifically for Invasion. It works very well in my testing so far. There are hardly any glitch spots, bots appear to navigate it accuratley without getting stuck, and the layout is nice with two entrances through the ramparts, so the bots can sneak up behind you if you only defend one. Outside the city is a lush forrest with a river and hills, where the invaders spawn.
The city is a tangle of ramparts, only some can be climbed
invasion01.jpg

Main entrance
invasion03.jpg

sally_guttorm.jpg

Sewer entrance
invasion04.jpg

The drawbridge
invasion08.jpg

sally_swadia.jpg

The drawbridge is covered
invasion09.jpg