MP Antiquity Mount&Gladius v2.0 [8/23/10] Poll Added

Which option would make you most eager to play on M&G servers?

• New scenes, built with period Romanesque architecture

Votes: 620 45.0%
  • Another faction, such as Greek, Parthian, or other

Votes: 807 58.6%
  • More players on the servers

Votes: 478 34.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord_Tecor said:
Sylke said:
- Carthaginians (A major power and enemy of rome, too bad they can't have elephants  :razz:)

Or could they....i wonder if anyone has attempted to ever make rideable elephants. Iv seen cars, iv seen bikes, iv seen starwars speeders so why not a big fat elephant? :razz:
The big problem would be that you would have elephants with horse sounds and they would be able to jump. Imagine a jumping elephant with hoove sounds :razz:
And they often used elephants with more than one person which is impossible in M&B. Another problem is that you will just stop if you crash with a horse. You can't really simulate the damage an elephant would cause by just giving them a very high charge stat. And it would probably be unbalanced if all Carthaginian are running around with elephants crushing anything in their path. On top of all that you would have to make new animations and all that.

Lord_Tecor said:
Sylke said:
- Carthaginians (A major power and enemy of rome, too bad they can't have elephants  :razz:)

Or could they....i wonder if anyone has attempted to ever make rideable elephants. Iv seen cars, iv seen bikes, iv seen starwars speeders so why not a big fat elephant? :razz:
Reason is that they are very hard to rig. Rigging means making the rider sit in the right place, correct hitboxes, new skeleton (Dont quote me on this though) and all that. It can take a lot of time. Hegemony mod had elephants, but its kinda like the urban legend of MnB.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Lord_Tecor said:
Sylke said:

Reason is that they are very hard to rig. Rigging means making the rider sit in the right place, correct hitboxes, new skeleton (Dont quote me on this though) and all that. It can take a lot of time. Hegemony mod had elephants, but its kinda like the urban legend of MnB.

They were pretty cool. They had a few problems with the rigging but they looked convincing enough.

i think elephants are possible but they could't as op like they are in rome  :wink:
it was also possible to stop a war elephant with spears - even elephants arent stupid enough to run into a spearwall (they are very clever by the way)
it is possible to avoid elephantspaming by making him very expensive (around 5k).
also they woul be very slow so you could simply kill them with pilums or cav - they should be a little be slower like heavy horses

warelephants would make this mod extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem awsome - right now its just extreeeeeeeeem awsome

anyone for spartacus? :?:

all factions named on this poll:
1. Greeks/Macedon
2. Parthia
3. Carthage
4. Germanic tribes
5. Dacia
6. Scyhtia
7. Iberian tribes
8. Caladonian celts
9. Spartacus Rebel Army
10. Egypt

dunno why i did this just wanted to make a list :wink:

RaT :twisted:

*cough* uhmmm... nice word for a sword "Penis" dont know why a sword so commonly used had such a name. I dont call my computer "Butt" do I?!

Ratman said:
anyone for spartacus? :?:
1. Greeks/Macedon
2. Parthia
3. Carthage
4. Germanic tribes
5. Dacia
6. Scythia
7. Iberian tribes
8. Caledonians/Picts
9. Spartacus' Rebel Army
10. Ptolemaic Egypt

Fixed  :wink:

Ratman said:
*cough* uhmmm... nice word for a sword "Penis" dont know why a sword so commonly used had such a name. I dont call my computer "Butt" do I?!

It was slang, actually. Like "hey babe, wanna see my gladius?"

King Harkinian said:
Ratman said:

A gladius? Pfft, Pathetic. Check out my spatha, ladies!

Scarf Ace said:
King Harkinian said:
Ratman said:

Lol  :lol:, you are right, a gladius is very short compared to a spatha...  :razz:

Scarf Ace said:
King Harkinian said:
Ratman said:

Oh yeah? Well my gladius is wider!

:neutral: *insecure Roman*

*Roman Empire is overrun by Barbarians with long spathas and a bigger ego*

There's one big problem for having the Macedonians and other Hellenistic states: The Phalanx. There's already an issue with enough players on the server and the only way you could achieve a sufficient Phalanx (without organizing massive, +80 player games) is to have the AI.

With an old fashioned Greek Phalanx it'd be a lot easier to pull off with the smaller engagements of M&G games.

Lol @ Gladius discussion.  :razz:

Sahran said:
There's one big problem for having the Macedonians and other Hellenistic states: The Phalanx. There's already an issue with enough players on the server and the only way you could achieve a sufficient Phalanx (without organizing massive, +80 player games) is to have the AI.

With an old fashioned Greek Phalanx it'd be a lot easier to pull off with the smaller engagements of M&G games.
Phalanx would rarely work anyway. People would just do the whole Leonidas thing. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom