[M] Legend of the Red Axe [1.1 FINAL for v1.131]

Users who are viewing this thread

Those bots have been rewired for the new version.. I think v2b Falcians still have a spear instead of the axes they will have in release.. I believe they all have power strike and iron fleshs set to 5 though.. under the current version the bot will nearly be exact in kill/death ratio all the way to 100 kills per team. Both have had armor reduced to leather types which makes them less tanky but none the less deadly when swarming.

<post to see updates>

OT. small observation - most single player mods change layout (factions, items, time period) while most MP mods focus on game modes...

going onto mod now ill sit and wait till some1 joins  :mrgreen: (maybe i can get this awesome looking mod going :grin:)

Legend of the Red Axe has been officially released! You can now download version 1.0 from the link in the main post of this thread! Make sure you read the readme since many things have changed since beta.

I have LotRA_1.0 running on the server and hopefully we can get some serious combat going now that it will be up and running consistantly each night. You will find it under the Capture the Flag mode since this one is by far the funnest with this mod imho!

OT. small observation - most single player mods change layout (factions, items, time period) while most MP mods focus on game modes...

I considered this but decided on limiting it to two new factions. Due to the free play style that doesn't limit you to troop loadouts it would simply be all the normal faction names with little else seperating them besides looks..

thumbsUp.jpg

E P I C​

Wow. Finally a mod that takes the ideas of Native and expands it to a higher degree of work/teamwork.

I can't wait to see some people in the server so we can get a good thing going.

Legend of the Red Axe is now available for download from the Mount&Blade Repository as well.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2374

The original post has been edited with the link as well.

Update:
Coming Soon in V1.1

A central control area will be be added to the map around the tomb/cemetary. This area will allow single or small numbers of players to have a sort of mini-game using bots while they await further players. The center area contains a heal prop, more spike/siege shield spawn points, complete ai mesh, and a pillage point! This pillage point will work like current work stations and will give gold to all the accessing player's team. The amount is 100 gold more than a standard work station and the work delay is only slightly more.  Now players can fight over the central point to make gold instead of using existing work stations when few players are in game.

The factions have unleashed their elite bot forces. Both faction bot armies will contain missile bots, infantry bots, and horseman bots! Their loadout has been randomized to allow more variation in bot types and their skill level has been dropped by one making them far more realistic.

Combine the cetral ruins and new bots and I expect some pretty serious center map control fights soon.
For those of you who aren't aware of multiplayer bot control:
When in map hit the "esc" key and select "equipment" option. Now look at the top center of the gui and click the checkboxes for the types of troops you want to issue orders to and exit.
Now you can use the 1,2,3 keys (by default) to select troop type and F1-F4 keys (by default) to give orders!

Overall Changelog for v1.1:
-Added ruins with Artifact Seekers camp and his dig site (he is trying to find Red Axe remember).
-Added loot point (team gain work station) uncovered by the Artifact Seeker in the center map ruins.
-Added heal barrel in Artifact Seekes camp allowing for center map heals.
-Added arrow/bolt resupply chests in center ruins for easier missile resupply.
-Added even more spawnable spikes and siege sheilds to center ruins area.
-Complete bot ai mesh throughout ruins.
-Bot now come in three forms Infantry, Archer (faction specific weapons), and Horseman!
-Bot loadout has been greatly varied.
-Bots have been dumbed down by 1 overall level so seem less superhuman automatonic.
-Steppe horses have been added! Bots may spawn with their faction breed or with a Steppe horse. 
-Steppe horse purchase points have been added to the corner of map ruins near each faction stronghold.
-Steppe horses are slightly weaker, slower and cheaper than faction breeds.
-Faction breed horse costs have been reduced by 300 gold since wild botless mounts will be running around when owners die.
-Some map graphic tweeks and rewording of some strings.

Now for some pics:

b7e0d57dae2a34317fe83ddc454736e3e219e4604c3f0a64db62816f2cb4f3106g.jpg

683723ec5917a36a1d54b73ea8580c9aa79a44bfd6eac9210eefbd08acb253e96g.jpg

c651f35129bb6571c080d7c5731ba4ff5f58ba7034fa5733396186fcab9e173c6g.jpg

Sounds good! This is a nice mod that spices up multiplayer. I'm looking forward to future releases.

hi! i Really like this mod, but i cannot play it since there's no server :sad:

but i've been wandering around it, and i think it would be better if we spawned inside castles, or, when you build a stone tower, it would be spawn point.

PS: can you teach me how to host a dedicated server of this mod? i know how to host in native, but mods are hosted differently, i think.

When i try to host this mod or other  i get this RGL error

get_object failed for body: bo_arena_block_j_a

If someone knows how to fix it i would be glad (Could be since it was some time ago)

Thanks in advance

When i try to host this mod or other  i get this RGL error
get_object failed for body: bo_arena_block_j_a
PS: can you teach me how to host a dedicated server of this mod? i know how to host in native, but mods are hosted differently, i think.
I haven't edited or used that prop and all my files are copies of native. I would recommend a clean install of native files and make sure you have the latest download of LotRA_1.0 from this thread in original post. Also both might benefit from this (I don't do my own instructions with my mod since this tutorial is so good):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113653.msg2741573.html#msg2741573
hi! i Really like this mod, but i cannot play it since there's no server
Unless you log in when I am testing a new version on my server it is always up, has auto-restart on crash running, and I check it regularly. Make sure you are looking under "Capture the Flag" (or ALL types) with "Show only Servers with Players" unchecked.
but i've been wandering around it, and i think it would be better if we spawned inside castles, or, when you build a stone tower, it would be spawn point.
The spawn points place you in the field of battle directly in front of your factions stronghold. If you wish to enter your faction stronghold then walk to the main gate and use the sally port teleporter which is poorly hidden in the bushes beside the main gate. If no one is in server feel free to hit ESC and select the add bots choice, select some bots for each team, then press 1 at vote and get some ai fights going. You can control your teams bots by following this handy guide:
For those of you who aren't aware of multiplayer bot control:
When in map hit the "esc" key and select "equipment" option. Now look at the top center of the gui and click the checkboxes for the types of troops you want to issue orders to and exit.
Now you can use the 1,2,3 keys (by default) to select troop type and F1-F4 keys (by default) to give orders!

Grendal-777 said:
I haven't edited or used that prop and all my files are copies of native. I would recommend a clean install of native files and make sure you have the latest download of LotRA_1.0 from this thread in original post. Also both might benefit from this (I don't do my own instructions with my mod since this tutorial is so good):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113653.msg2741573.html#msg2741573
[/spoiler]

I know how to host dedicateds to native :grin:! I used that thread to learn :grin:, but i want to host THIS mod server!

I know how to host dedicateds to native ! I used that thread to learn , but i want to host THIS mod server!
(Its in the Readme.txt provided)
If your not sure how to launch using dedicated then rename one of the native .bat and .txt to LotRA.bat and LotRA.txt edit the .bat and point it to LotRA.txt and add the following script to LotRA.txt (your port # may vary from mine since this is a JestServer).
Also make sure your .bat has the -m lotra.txt
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOSTING THIS MOD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This mod is best played as a CAPTURE THE FLAG, but will work just as well in TEAM DEATMATCH!

Most items are hardcoded but these settings are recommended/required:

-Factions voteable set to off (must be set off due to changes to factions)
-Maps voteable set to on to allow map reset via vote if you want this
-Bots if you like, map is fully ai_meshed
-Map name is "artifact" if hosting via dedicated server

Current server script I use on the LotRA server for your use (copy and paste into your LotRA.txt the dedicated .bat runs):
Code:
set_server_name Legend_of_Red_Axe
set_welcome_message Welcome to Legend of the Red Axe server. ^Enjoy your visit. Report any problems, comments, or suggestions to the Legend of the Red Axe thread on the Mount and Blade forums or to [email protected]. ^-Protect your stronghold, flag, and pillage points! ^-You need a certain kill count before the red axe will spawn. ^-Use map vote for a map restart vote.
set_enable_valve_anti_cheat 0
set_mission multiplayer_cf
set_max_players 20 20
set_bot_count 20 20
set_map artifact
add_factions fac_kingdom_1 fac_kingdom_2
set_auto_team_balance_limit 3
set_num_bots_voteable 20
set_maps_voteable 1
set_factions_voteable 0 
set_combat_gold_bonus 10
#set_starting_gold 1000
set_control_block_direction 1 
set_combat_speed 0 
set_friendly_fire 1 
set_friendly_fire_damage_friend_ratio 50
set_friendly_fire_damage_self_ratio 50
set_respawn_period 5
set_map_time_limit 120
#set_round_max_seconds 7200 broken and not used currently

#DO NOT EDIT anything below this line.  Also be sure if you use a different module or config file that these settings are transferred over.
#Setting this too high will cause lag, make sure that you set a correct value for upload limit.
set_upload_limit 2000000
#if you are running more than one dedicated server on the same computer, you must give different ports to each of them
set_port 7340
#if you are running the Steam version of the dedicated server, this port must also be set, and same limitations of set_port apply for Steam port
set_steam_port 7341
set_server_log_folder Logs
set_server_ban_list_file Logs\ban_list.txt
start

So this is basically the PW war mod, ctf version.
Not sure if this is a question or a statement. Thanks for the bump.

Legend of the Red Axe Version 1.1 is released and on the server!

Can I modify the map included in this mod for my friend's server?

I think the map is good for conquest mode.

Back
Top Bottom