[M] Hardcore realism mod!

Users who are viewing this thread

NordArcher

Sergeant at Arms
All weapons' stats changed, all armor lots more expensive. Basically, the game is now realistic. I need testers, so PM me here or add me on Steam, my username is leTapir.

http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2229

More in detail:
- Archery:
    Bows can now kill in one and a half shot, just like IRL. The thing is, it's now harder to aim, just like IRL. This means one archer can't just sniper everyone. For example, the war bow can kill in one shot, but it's hard to land it, so you have to rain arrows as a team.
    Crossbows are also more powerfull, and expensive. For instance, you can't afford a heavy crossbow with starting money. Don't even think about a siege one.
- Infantry:
    All weapons deal increased damage. Most swords and axes can kill in one shot if you aim well and ennemy doesn't wear armor. This means you need more skill. It also means battles are more fast paced. And, those dumbass 2h spammers won't do **** against a guy wielding a scimitar or a short sword.
    Shields are now a privilege rather than a right, they're more expensive, break easily and aren't sci-fi shields anymore (forcefield...). You can shoot over the shield to the guy's head, or under to the guy's legs. Now shielders need some skill to block, it's not just "right-click and watch".
    Elite armor costs 6k now. (it was around 3k before).
- Cavalry:
    Horses are faster, and more expensive. Cuz you can't just request your commander a horse and get all you want. Your army acn't carry that many horses, so make good use of them. Armored horses are reaally expensive.

Fixes:
- I have found Nord Archer bots to be overpowered, solution might be in reducing the longbow power and making two hand axe expensive.
FIXED (still needs testing)
- Someone posted a link to an awesome webpage showing price of armors, weapons, horses... everything they could find. Now leather armor is very cheap and mail armor expensive. For this reason servers hosting this should have money settings set to 10% (for example, an elite sword now costs 350, mail 1200, leather armor 80, etc...). Horses are now worth A ****LOAD. A war horse costed more than 5 times a knight's full armor! I'll make this in such a way that it's still affordable but expensive.

I read somewhere that a longbow's range was about 400 yards, that's how far it can shoot now (more or less).

Updates:
1.0 - 2/09/2010 : Nords and Swadians' weapon prices and stats remade. Extending to other factions.
Poleaxes are now slower, because IRL you would easily get tired swinging a 2kg weapon around. So are Two Handed swords, which weren't really used in actual battles, but more in ceremonies.
1.01 - 3/09/2010 : All factions' prices changed (stats too, slightly). Heraldic mail implemented, i made it very cheap and obsolete as an armor, it's reserved for commanders in strategic battles. Siege crossbow is now an Arbalest, slower but powerfull.
I also changed the way archery goes. Bows now deliver a base cut damage, which makes you have to shoot 3 bolts to kill an ennemy. Because this wasn't realistic, i made arrows deliver also a pierce bonus. This is so that some armors may resist against a few arrows (chainmail was more resistant than what we might think) but still deliver damage.
SendMeSmile's graphical pack has been added, here's his thread http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,122273.0.html :smile:.

Kazzan said:
It's only your sense of realism mate.  :razz:

Yup, and according to it, the game's more realistic now :p. But you have to agree with me, three arrows in the chest and still walking isn't realistic..

Yeah, the .exe if it is.

Generally, modifying a .exe is against the End User License Agreement, but I don't have M&B's memorized, so you'd need to check.

(Assuming you can figure out a way to edit it.  :wink:)

COGlory said:
Yeah, the .exe if it is.

Generally, modifying a .exe is against the End User License Agreement, but I don't have M&B's memorized, so you'd need to check.

(Assuming you can figure out a way to edit it.  :wink:)

Decompiling is illegal.

This isn't more realistic, it's just harder...

How is raisin prices more realistic? Do you have some references as to the historic prices of weaponry and armour in the set time?

Peralta said:
This isn't more realistic, it's just harder...

How is raisin prices more realistic? Do you have some references as to the historic prices of weaponry and armour in the set time?

You think that half the players getting a knight armor in a TDM is realistic? And that surviving to a stab in the chest is realistic too? I already fixed some slashing damage problems (way too high on high level armor), and armor resistance to slashing. In the middle ages, with no medicine, a rather small wound could mean certain death. You could bleed to death, get an infection, or simply have to stop fighting because you're wounded, and get your throat cut by an ennemy. So i think it's realistic that a slash to an unarmored ennemy almost kills.

Thanks a lot von Afton :smile:.

NordArcher said:
Peralta said:
Try and restrain from double posting, unless it is of value to the mod :wink:

Sure :p. Well it bumps the thread lol.

I know that it is tempting, but bumping your thread just for the heck of it isn't allowed :p

Back
Top Bottom