[M] Full Invasion [A co-op mod for WB] - 14th of June

Users who are viewing this thread

Just wanted to say I prefer Full Invasion 1 to Full Invasion 2. Yes 2 is fun and it's cool to have all the factions. But it feels clunkier and like there's too much content. It's harder for the community to develop strategies for maps, as an example. Lots of factions are OP and because there's so many, you seldom get the ones you like voted in.

Furthermore, I feel that since 2 requires a 64-bit OS, it cuts out an unknown portion of the community. I always prefer lower graphics for accessibility and performance.

But you don't see people playing 1 if they can play 2. It's a shame, and I think if it were titled something other than Full Invasion 2, then it wouldn't replace Full Invasion 1. For example, it could've been called "Last Stand", then it would be a completely different mod rather than a newer, and thereby "better", replacement for Full Invasion.

Of course, it seems to be too late. The community has moved on to a mod that I sorta wanted it to become, but the original still exists and doesn't get any love. I'm not being a hipster, I've outlined my reasons and nostalgia isn't one. Anyway, I'll just leave this rant here.

I share your feelings. Full Invasion excels in something its spiritual successor does unfortunately not seem to have at all: atmosphere. Full Invasion 2 is another example of the countless cases in which the big is beautiful dogma has eradicated any charm whatsoever.
Hence I am more than glad to hear there is effort spent on a cure. Let us all hope it will work.

BananaBob said:
a "classic mode " would be the perfect solution i guess
A classic mode is quite possible in the meantime. Aye FI2 was rushed and therefore did not have that same atmosphere Full Invasion had. But I can port the original in it's entirety to v 1.158 so it works with the latest version then can be updated as wished. I too wanted to make FI2 more of a sequel but the development back then wasnt focused on that. Original factions and especially Invasions is a must. This will be my current goal then so I can port Full Invasion to v1.158 of Warband for ya Arch3r. Apologies for the rushed development of the mod FI2.

usnavy30 said:
BananaBob said:
a "classic mode " would be the perfect solution i guess
A classic mode is quite possible in the meantime. Aye FI2 was rushed and therefore did not have that same atmosphere Full Invasion had. But I can port the original in it's entirety to v 1.158 so it works with the latest version then can be updated as wished. I too wanted to make FI2 more of a sequel but the development back then wasnt focused on that. Original factions and especially Invasions is a must. This will be my current goal then so I can port Full Invasion to v1.158 of Warband for ya Arch3r. Apologies for the rushed development of the mod FI2.
That means adding more things to an already overloaded mod, though. I'm not a big fan of that.

That means adding more things to an already overloaded mod, though. I'm not a big fan of that.

why not?

as far as i get it, you would be able to play the old original FI within the FI2 module, so you would have FI1 and FI2 in one mod, if you dont like at all you could just use the classic (FI1) mode and wouldnt even notice the FI2 stuff if you dont what to

I can disable the FI2 content easily, plus it has scripts that can also be disabled, the latest source code makes it very easy to port the mod.
Just it is difficult to disable all the features, so we can work it out  :razz:
I think now would be a good time as ever to revive the 'proper' Full Invasion, FI2 was fun in the meantime and valuable modding experience for me but I won't hesitate to hand over the Invasion mode back to it's creator.

BananaBob said:

why not?

as far as i get it, you would be able to play the old original FI within the FI2 module, so you would have FI1 and FI2 in one mod, if you dont like at all you could just use the classic (FI1) mode and wouldnt even notice the FI2 stuff if you dont what to
Because you might as well play FI in a seperate mod then, it would take 20x less time to load.

« on: June 14, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »

Happy 4th invasion anniversary :smile:

I took this date as a good moment to announce a new mod project.
Check out Twitter and ask questions about this new project!

Back
Top Bottom