SP Other [M&B + Warband] - WIP - AntWars

would you prefer "plastic" like 3d ants ? (see page9 for example with the bump maped only screens)

• yes, give them a "cartoonish-plastic toy" looking

Votes: 38 39.6%
  • no, give them some better cartoon texture look, not plastic like

Votes: 58 60.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

vahadar said:
Lord Benrir said:
EDIT II: An idea about a new scene. (If you get a can model, that is.) The Flies' Den, a can that has been transformed into a smuggler's den by a band of low-life flies. In three floors of course.

the can would indeed better suit in a scene, too difficult for world map

You sure? I am thinking perhaps making it the capital of the bandit faction(I know the bandit faction doesn't have a "headquarter" in M&B:WB, but it doesn't have ant factions either) with a tin can laying flat as an icon. You could then enter, and then see the real thing.

an icon would be the solution yes, was thinking same too but for a children bucket in the "sand area" as HQ of one of the factions

with icons anything could be done anyway :smile:

Oops, sorry. All my ideas were for scenes, but I forgot to write so. Anyways, see you tomorrow, I'm going to bed now.

more "in progress" for the world map

new HQ faction location, and background decoration

background house

redesigned gate

potentials factions HQ locations

Coconut beach, a true paradise in the garden !

Mount Olympus, an old trunc turned into a crowded anthill

The beast lair, the dog's kennel, good place for free meals !

Yellow stone, an arid and desolated place, but this is where to find candies and cookies ! children sand playground

The no man's land, horrible stories are told about this place, very dangerous (beware the giant ant crusher! thousands have died to it) but also a scavenger paradise

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

next will be lots of various places to fill the gap in that garden

vahadar said:

background house

redesigned gate

Yellow stone, an arid and desolated place, but this is where to find candies and cookies ! children sand playground

The no man's land, horrible stories are told about this place, very dangerous (beware the giant ant crusher! thousands have died to it) but also a scavenger paradise

good improvement but the sea needs to be more wobbly, not square. With mini islands on it for trees. A can the trees be bigger. A lot bigger. or ants get there own ant trees.

By the way, can we add "scene props" to the map?
or only native stuff available. cause I think everything could be made with meshes instead of strange "mountains" and stuff like that

vahadar said:

background house

redesigned gate

very nice stuff already  :razz:

panzermaster said:
vahadar said:

background house

redesigned gate

good improvement but the sea needs to be more wobbly, not square. With mini islands on it for trees. A can the trees be bigger. A lot bigger. or ants get there own ant trees.

Nay, good sir, the sea is meant to be a swimming pool.

The big white things, is that the garden fence?

Leopardo said:
or only native stuff available. cause I think everything could be made with meshes instead of strange "mountains" and stuff like that

you mean making scene mini models directly on the map i guess? that's what i'm wondering myself  :grin:  i saw there is that clone face tool in editor but i seem to not be able to do it (ctrl+drag face supposed to clone it), i can weld vertex good but i'd like to clone them to make more complex shapes !

edit : guess i did not understood you right, Tuckles did :wink:

Grumph said:
The big white things, is that the garden fence?

you guessed it :wink:
(the other big white thing in picture 1 and 6 is meant to be a "house" with windows, erm i know it sucks ^^ but its map editor)

there is a fence on the swimming pool border, it kinda "cut" the swimming pool, but that was better than looking at the sky when in game (i guess i'll have to make a better swimming pool border on this side).
opposite side some bush with a wall behind, and on gate side some bush (well as much as they can be seen as "bush"^^)
i've tested map in game you really feel small (you hardly can see the top border of the fence, or you need to be very far away)
i think i used the polished lanscape textures or those from zaro 2.5's graphical enhacement, i have to check, those looks good anyway, especially for the trees trunc (snow forest)

I really love the fence you can see from the last picture, especially the street light outside :grin:

Grumph said:
especially the street light outside :grin:

the sticky thing left of gate? its a mailbox  :mrgreen: well erm you really need imagination i know ^^

i've reduced it a bit compared to first map test screens, so you can actually see it from distance in game with the gate

i'm actually trying to make a chair next to the swimming pool, more pics this evening :wink:

Maybe implementing a brawling(unarmed) weaponproficiency would be cool..?

I always missed being proper at unarmed combat in the real M&B.

yes that's a good idea but you need to make transparent weapon for that, because you cant really boost the fist damage in game

maybe you could imagine all those kind of weapons? since you are already a great supporter ^^ and i suspect you might be one of those who voted "sign me in" ^^

lol, don't know what you was drinking/smoking when  you had this crazy idea, but i definitely like it, i wish i knew some sort of modeling, map making or scripting to help but at least my spiritual support i can give  :lol: i hope you guys can make this mod, i really liked the idea

Well, playing as an ant i guess there wont be much items.
For weapons maybe just various set of mandibles, or whatever you could think of as a "weapon" for an ant and other insect recruits.
And for armor various set of carapace
but what about looting ? would a spider drop a mandible or carapace ? or just tradeable stuff, like food/pollen ?
and would remove the horses store ? or make some rideable insect or wings ?

new pics for world map

a marble table and garden armchair
you'll notice the mountain tiles around those, to prevent npc from stucking under them because of multilayering
the swimming pool tremplin has also been remade and is less bulky now (you can see backgound behind it)

the same marble table but this time ingame, i really like the marble looking :wink:
you will find plenty of "ant stuff" around that chair and table, scavenged from picnic stuff, also the "competition" will be nice there, with strong bandits

distant ingame view of table + chair + tremplin

front view of house (remade) from under pool tremplin, new windows and tree remade

front view of gate, you'll notive tree have leaf now, and no more mailbox but street lights :wink:
those trees look bulky, they'll probably get a "slim" smoothing

same view as above but ingame, as far as possible from the garden gate, obviously the camera angle cant show the details with high elevation

projected shadow of trees + street light ingame
i plan to add the night/day cycle script to have good shadow movement

edit : new image of a waterpipe near coconuts beach

Great work vahadar  :grin:

just one thing have you thought about changing the swimming pool to a big pond , then you could have leafs or water lilies as islands connected by fords ?

Just a thought  :lol:

Leopardo said:

Add them as parties, then remove anything in the code that references them.

Instant scene prop in the world map.

del said:
just one thing have you thought about changing the swimming pool to a big pond , then you could have leafs or water lilies as islands connected by fords ?

:grin: nice idea i like it

actually the swimming pool is off map limit, its border is close to the map camera border

but there is vacant room on the other side, next to the kennel, i can make a small pond there, will see about that (coz i need to fill this map with locations anyway, atm its pretty "empty" the 4 HQs are in the camera corner, nothing else so far)

edit : actually your idea would pefectly fit in a small garden design, the pond being the center of it. i'll do that  :mrgreen:

Misnc said:
but what about looting ? would a spider drop a mandible or carapace ? or just tradeable stuff, like food/pollen ?
and would remove the horses store ? or make some rideable insect or wings ?

and to reply to you Misnc, i don't know yet, i'm playing with world map mainly to see what's possible, i havent thought seriously of the global mod mechanism. but yes they will drop loot (weapons or trade item, that need to be think of)
i-e a spider broken leg could be used as a blunt weapon ^^ spider "scale" could be used as shield (i have a very funny idea also for shield will write it later^^)
but you could also get some spider silk as lootable item

about horse it will be wings (see i-e what i wrote for a troop tree on first topic, or for bandits)
so it will not only be winged ants, but also other winged insect

welcome to this mod brainstorming btw :wink:

The map get's better and better! If you will include naval travelling at some point you should add the classic rubber duck as a ship, I think. :smile:
rubber-duck.jpg
Perhaps a bit smaller than the one in the picture, though...

Back
Top Bottom