M&B Warband Beta version 0.720 is released

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RealMephisto said:
Well i've just met SZ  :!:
noob
:!: who moaned that couching should be made more OP and be able to couch at 90 degrees.

And yeah too bad no new equipment :sad:
Mephisto You are really childish bastard.

Anyway, now couched lance is good. Why a lot of people say "cav is now useless" ? Dear Sir Plazek, why You hate stupid thrust lancing ? Maybe You simply don't know how to use it ? Stupid is press "W" and make couched lance spam. Good horseman can use blade weapons, throwing weapons, thrust lance and couched lance.
Thanks Devs for this patch, a good step in good direction.  :grin:

Kalpokor said:
RealMephisto said:
Well i've just met SZ  :!:
noob
:!: who moaned that couching should be made more OP and be able to couch at 90 degrees.

And yeah too bad no new equipment :sad:
Mephisto You are really childish bastard.

Anyway, now couched lance is good. Why a lot of people say "cav is now useless" ? Dear Sir Plazek, why You hate stupid thrust lancing ? Maybe You simply don't know how to use it ? Stupid is press "W" and make couched lance spam. Good horseman can use blade weapons, throwing weapons, thrust lance and couched lance.
Thanks Devs for this patch, a good step in good direction.  :grin:

No. Stupid pressing "w" is the only thing you can do now. Actually I pressed a lot "A" and "D" while couching. Just charging with "w" is boring and skilless.
And I also don't like thrusting. It looks stupid and thrusting at high speed is very far from reality.

Not that I would think couching was fine before. I'm all for timed couching, breaking lances or whatever. But not this.

I cannot access the game at all. After the first window panel before starting the game it gives me this error:

------------------------------------------
RGL ERROR

Unable to open texture file Textures\mp_ui_maps_b.dds

What should I do?

Exin said:
I cannot access the game at all. After the first window panel before starting the game it gives me this error:

RGL ERROR

Unable to open texture file Textures\mp_ui_maps_b.dds

What should I do?

Redownload the patch and reinstall. Perhaps corrupted/unfinished installer in question here.

I back down slightly from my original complaint - I still don't like the lancing turn restriction, but you can make slight adjustments to your charge without disrupting it. Things are harder but not absurd. Not something I like much (especially for SP) but I can live with it if necessary.

I know that one of the developers refuted new performance issues, but I am noticing this as well.

From the looks of things the usual FPS is higher, which is great...Ive games with massive amounts of players be rendered at increased speeds. The issue again is the 'chugg' it seems to happen more often now.
I have load textures on demand enabled and my system is: Athlon 1800+, 2gigs 400mhz ram, Radeon 9800 agp

I have had a nice performance increase, thanks Taleworlds!

Nvidia Geforce 7300GT
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
1GB RAM
Windows XP Home

Elthore said:
I know that one of the developers refuted new performance issues, but I am noticing this as well.

From the looks of things the usual FPS is higher, which is great...Ive games with massive amounts of players be rendered at increased speeds. The issue again is the 'chugg' it seems to happen more often now.
I have load textures on demand enabled and my system is: Athlon 1800+, 2gigs 400mhz ram, Radeon 9800 agp

the stuttering might be a side effect of load txtures on demand, i havent been able to play thoroughly with both settings to confirm this, but if you do experience some sort of stutter, i suggest you turn load textures on demand off.

Guys i have an issue, When i installed 0.720 and when i start the game Only Black screen show and nothing else, i dont get it why ,i didnt had any kind of problem in earlier  versions or anything like this, i dont get it,i Reinstalled game and same, i even installed earlier versions to check if same thing gonna happen but not its normal,only in this version anyone have some solution ? thanks a lot

Nice performance increase.

But :

- long axes still look silly and need to be removed
- please do something about 2h weapons getting into your back when sheated ! This really looks cheap.

Crazy Archer] hmm.. switched to DirectX 9 and this seems to work better :|... at least I dont have the lag spikes and the framerate is somewhere between 15 and 30 on a very crouded TDM server...[/quote] [quote author=Timothy the Knight said:
I'd like to confirm that the stuttering is still present. Not as bad as before, perhaps, but still rather game-breaking.

Elthore said:

Halcyon said:
Elthore said:

the stuttering might be a side effect of load txtures on demand, i havent been able to play thoroughly with both settings to confirm this, but if you do experience some sort of stutter, i suggest you turn load textures on demand off.

Hi people Were glad your fps is better. And about the stutter you can try these...

Start WB launcher and goto configure, On video tab, select DirectX 9 on Render Method.And choose 800x600 resolution.If your card supports it; you can also choose 640x480

Untick "Load Textures on Demand"

And drop Shadow Quality to "Low"

Goto "Audio" Tab; Untick Enable Sound Variation.Put a  tick on "Disable sound" & "Disable Music"

Goto "Advanced" Tab; untick if "Enable Edit Mode" is enabled.

Start game.

Goto options , then "Video Options" be sure Fast water Reflections is enabled.And blood stains "near player only" is selected.Choose number of corpses 0 and ragdolls 0
if any hdr or depth effects is enabled, disable them also.

Now try the game again and if the stutter continues repot here; if not try enabling "Video settings" back to their former settings and enable sound or music.If stutter comes back again report here;
if not then that means the problem is "Load textures on demand".

By the way running game on XP with only 1 GB ram will effect the performance greatly, also the drive which Warband is installed could be defraged to see if the stutter continues.

Good Day

thanks for the info YII7. 

I started by defragmenting the game directory, which should have helped as half of the files were fragmented. Then I turned down all of my settings and disabled all audio, played a few rounds and no lag as well as very high FPS(50). Next, I restored most of my settings:
30% textures, grass detail 20%, character detail near 30%, particles, anistropic, dynamic lighting, 5 corpses, fast reflections.
everything else is disabled or at minimum, including load textures on demand.

my performance dropped to 20-30 FPS but the game looks pretty good, if I run 800x600 it looks great, however, I noticed a very short stutter during one encounter with cav(16 people on server, field by river). So I reduced resolution to 640x480 and disabled corpses, after some testing I am not noticing any stutter and my FPS is very playable. Load textures on demand appears to have been the problem here.

The next thing i may test is enabling 2x antialiasing(set to for 'speed') to improve the visuals a bit, because theres a BIG difference in visual quality between 800x600 and 640x480. The chat is not legible in the lowest res.

so, maybe you could clarify for me and everyone else the purpose of the load textures on demand option? I thought it was to improve performance, there is a lot of confusion on the servers as to which setting is actually faster. For me, disabled is faster, others have stated the opposite.

Thanks again for the tips!

I don't know about that load textures on demand thing, I think I get slightly better fps without it but noticeably longer loading times.

Anyway I love the new performances, it's twice as good as before on this :

8800 GTS 512
4gb ram
e8400 @ 4ghz
XP 32 bits

Everything maxed out (fast reflections off etc) just no AA and res 1920x1080. I get a pretty solid 80-100 (capped) fps on very crowded servers. It used to drop to 40-60 on maps like "Field by the river", so very good job on this!

The only thing I don't like about the patch is the couching update, but infantry and archery feel alright now.

Glad to hear the game is more playable for most people.

Elthore: Thank you for your feedback. It is very important for us to find the cause of any stuttering, but in order to help us we need more detailed information. In particular, to single out something such as "load textures on demand" as the cause, you need to observe that:
1) When that feature is off, you don't get any stuttering.
2) After enabling it, (and without changing anything else) you get noticeable stuttering.

Without a procedure like this which can be replicated, it won't be possible to identify the root of the problem.

okwell i did my own round of testing performance with the geforce 7600. In dx9 i got that major fps leak, and while playing i had 5-7fps, it dropped several times. the settings were 50% texture, 50% character detail, anisotropic filtering, 2x antialiasing, instancing, pixel shaders checked, vertical sync checked, force single threading checked. I then lowered all the ingame video options, but still experienced the fps leak. I also tried different screen resolutions and there was no improvement. average fps was around 30, and there constant frame drops, by 3-5 and there seemed to be little reason for it, this would happen while standing still looking away from battle, as well as standing/in battle and would happen more often.

I also tried with load textures on demand, and while it seems stuttering is less, it still happens. i will have to test some more to see it.

Field by the river remains the worst map performance wise, i get an average of 20+fps and constant drops from there. While dead, and following 1 cavalry you see there is stuttering, mainly constant, and more noticeable when near other players. (this was also in dx7, and dx9 with everything set to low, including the video options before loading the game.)

the geforce 6200 seems to get better performance in dx7, with an average of 30fps but still sees quite a bit of stuttering with all options turned off or set to low, dx9 is rather impossible to play with because it gets 20fps average overall.

I like the concept of the changes to couched lancing, but I think it is greatly overdone. If the forced lance raise was reduced to only extreme turns, it would eliminate the tactic of circling around the battlefield in the midst of chaos and snagging random couched lance kills without interfering with maneuverability while you are making a deliberate charge on someone. I still think players should have to time a "brace" for couching like some have suggested, but that's almost another issue.

Hey developers :grin:
I didn't notice before, but after reading some of the issues here I decided to monitor and change my settings in the new 0.720 patch. I have discovered a marked increase in performance and smoothness :smile:

I averaged 40-100+ fps depending on what map I was on, prior to the .20 patch. (Ummmm, I know that's really wide...)

But since .20 patch I have been able to enable anti-aliasing x2, ultra-high shadows, environmental shadows, 50 percent grass, partial effects, full shadows on plants, high detail trees, unlimited bodies and ragdolls (although I sometimes turn bodies off so I can see weapons :razz:)...Basically all is on highest settings, but no HDR and no depth-effects.

HI YES so I am really happy! Everything is nice and shiny and pretty. Some settings I do not have to the fullest, such as grass (too much grass looks freaky), character LOD detail (honestly I NEVER notice although I'm sure it increases performance), trees (are on medium and 50 percent distance, never notice) and blood (who needs to see blood from 10000 miles away). But all considered, WB ROCKS and is much more optimized. I get 40+ in VILLAGE MAP with these new settings enabled instead of 40 in village map without them (prev. patch).

Side note, Field by the River is still LAG By the River.

My specs:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
GenuineIntel processor X2 ~1862 Mhz (3742 ish)
NVIDIA GeForce 7650 GS
2GB RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom