M&B Warband Beta version 0.720 is released

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a new version of Mount&Blade:Warband Beta and the beta servers will switch to this new version shortly. It'll not be possible to play on the beta servers with older versions of the game, therefore please upgrade your game to the latest version.

Beta-testers should receive an email with the location of the new installer and the upgrade patch. If you do not receive it, however, you can download the installer from the following link:

http://beta.taleworlds.com/download.aspx

Please use the Taleworlds bug tracking system for reporting bugs:

http://bugs.taleworlds.com/

(Use your taleworlds forum id and password to login)

Please post  general discussion, suggestions and feedback on this forum.

Thank you very much for participating in Mount&Blade Warband Beta program and helping us improve the game.

Version 0.720 changes:
------------------------
Some graphics problems have been fixed. The game's performance on some systems is now much better.
Couched lancing is now disturbed by the turning of the horse.
Height and default position of third person camera re-adjusted.
Added "Turn Camera with Horse in First Person" option to the game options.
Ranged troops are now stunned when bumped only if they are readying ther weapons.
The game now starts up faster due to optimized searchng of resources.
Many other fixes and improvements.

Best wishes,
-Taleworlds Team

Couched lancing is now disturbed by the turning of the horse.
Ranged troops are now stunned when bumped only if they are readying ther weapons.
The game now starts up faster due to optimized searchng of resources.

Now thats sounds nice. (no more archer moshpits though)
Too bad no new stuff.

FIIIRRRSTTT P---- :neutral:

YES I am so excited about the changes to lancing and archer-stomp-upon syndrome being dealt with. Turn camera with horse in 1st person did not seem to have any effect in the last patch...does it work now??

--

EDIT:
Yes, version 0.720 is out. The full installer's upload has not finished yet. But the downloads will be much faster from now on because we have a brand new download server! :wink:
THANKYOU so much, I was getting so depressed waiting 6 hours for an update patch to finish downloading.

Well i've just met SZ  :!:
noob
:!: who moaned that couching should be made more OP and be able to couch at 90 degrees.

And yeah too bad no new equipment :sad:

I can't download 0.720 - it says the link is broken. Any idea if this is a temporary thing?  The update link seems to work.

Thanks.

Seawied86 said:
turning interrupt's couch lancing? Hmmm, could solve a lot of the issues, but it also might have some consequences

We'll see how it works in practice. It's good to try new things like this, though.

Squeeeeee, I'm so excited whenever a new patch rolls out. :grin:

(And yes, I just squee'd like a little girl. Bite me. :smile:)

Now I just have to get off work... and hope the stupid snow hasn't knocked my power out when I get home. >_>

The change to couching has rendered half my little horse tricks obsolete, but I'll adapt.  The only problem with it that I foresee is that it'll make cavalry even more impotent in a head-on encounter.  I would've preferred a change to how fast you can switch your lance from one side of the horse to the other.

However, this has the potential to make horse-n-sword loadouts more prevalent, and that's a good thing.  It's one of the most challenging and rewarding fighting styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom