M&B modding tools in 2020?

Users who are viewing this thread

DeltaX

Recruit
I want to add a few small tweaks and things to my M&B classic game. Are there any good tools/programms that make that easier, and still work in 2020?

Google and forum serches only spit out Warband and bannerlord answers...

Thx in advance!

Solution
In the basics M&B and Warband are not different. The codebase is basically the same, you only have to watch out for the sometimes non-existing operations available in Warband.
The documentation here has been once written for original M&B:

And otherwise you can always look through the other tutorials for interesting stuff. The setup of the module system is still the same:
and so is the syntax:

Take a good look at...
Thx for the reply!

From what I can gather, that editor is for versions before the module system was introduced (ver. 1.0?). I also need to make more item and mechanics tweaks than troop editing in general :smile:

Upvote 0
oh, the text-based stuff still works?

Im not a total stranger to working with code and modding in general, so I dont think i mind using the module system, if its the more direct way. I just cant find any tools or guides for the original m&b, only warband and so forth...

Upvote 0
In the basics M&B and Warband are not different. The codebase is basically the same, you only have to watch out for the sometimes non-existing operations available in Warband.
The documentation here has been once written for original M&B:

And otherwise you can always look through the other tutorials for interesting stuff. The setup of the module system is still the same:
and so is the syntax:

Take a good look at header_operations in original M&B and compare it with the one of Warband. You will see that Warband has a lot of new operations which are not available in original M&B. At the tutorial and OSP code & kits sections you only have to watch out if all mentioned operations are also available for you. A good first hint for that is the date at which the thread has been written down, pre 2010, but later threads can also contain useful stuff for you.

Upvote 0
Solution
Back
Top Bottom