M&B Mod-Related Websites

Users who are viewing this thread

The Repository was down earlier today; sorry about that, my host relocated my home directory without telling me, so the site scripts weren't working. Everything should be back up and running.

is mbrepository down or something? i havent been on it for a while and when I tried to connect it just showed a blank index of/ page...

Yeah, there have been various problems with my host, but it should be back up later today.

The long version: a little less than 2 weeks ago my host moved my VPS account to a new server. However, they somehow managed to get my account lumped in with another user's account, so we shared settings and so forth. Not good. We didn't know that's what had happened at first; since then I'd been trying to figure out why the site was running so poorly and eventually discovered that myself based on settings being switched around by the other user.
So, they acknowledged that, and yesterday they moved my account once again to separate it from the other VPS account. Unfortunately, something went wrong and none of the site files transferred over with this second account move.  :???:
The files aren't lost though, and they say somebody should be transferring the files over shortly now.

ok thanks for the head up... i checked back a couple minutes ago, its still linking to index but there are files there now so im guessing its being sent in now...

Janus said:
OK, looks like everything is back up and working.
Well, it was for a few hours... looks like there's a problem with the database server now, so the site's down again. Geez. Hopefully they can sort that out soon... I wouldn't necessarily bet on it being quick though, as it seems their support department is pretty much snowed under lately.

EDIT: I took matters into my own hands and further investigated the database errors; it appears my database usernames have all been invalidated somehow. Bizarre. I've created a new database user and updated the site settings with this database change.
So, we're back up again. Hopefully for good this time.

There were problems with large file uploads on the Repository often giving a "connection interrupted" error message. I couldn't pinpoint the problem, so with a fair bit of work I've just replaced the large file upload form with another one which I've used elsewhere and which (for whatever reason) doesn't suffer from the same problem.

So, if you were having trouble with large file uploads, you shouldn't have any more problems. Additionally, you'll now see a progress bar during large file uploads.

www.mountandblade.es
www.mountandblade.es/foro

My webpage and forum, is an spanish comunity, with mods recopilation, a translation team, guides, tutorials etc. every in spanish.
We renew the forum design this month and the webpage is in that process.

Janus, you can added the link?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom