SP Native Fantasy M&B Mod: Myth (The Fallen Lords)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheek

Knight at Arms
Old Guard
I saw this idea in the "great M&B mods I'd like to see" thread.

I also think this is an excellent idea and something that could be done very easily. The undead already exist. You could make a simple mod by just changing the names of towns and people and the weapons and armor troops have.

For the Free Cities you could have:
-peasant levies (from M3, leather jerkin, spears)
-basic warriors (soldiers with heraldric armor (changed design), swords and long shields)
-fir'bolg archers (light armor like padded cloth jerkin, longbows and a dagger)
-journeymen (NPC characters with high medical skills, thick rawhide, a staff)

Each category could have novice, regular and veteran fighters.

For the Fallen Lords you could have:
-thrall (undead warriors)
-iron thrall (tougher undead with darker skin, possibly riding the undead horses that have been created)
-brigands (soldiers with brigantine armor, cheap swords, round shields)
-brigand archers (same idea)
-shades (one in each large party - undead in robes, very quick, strong attributes, poisoned swords)

I can't think of a way to do dwarfs, ghols or exploding wights.

You would program parties of different kinds of undead to spawn on one side of the map and all move towards Zendar which is the last city to defend.

The first quest would be to stop small parties of thrall attacking your city. After you've killed enough the next quest begins which has larger parties and parties of brigands. You slowly move up.

Some parties of undead troops would be transporting prisoners that you must rescue (adding the number of troops you can get apart from by recruiting in Zendar).

Maybe you could have a variable that counts how many parties reach Zendar (where they disappear). On each one the number of new warriors available for recruitment drops (they ransacked the town) and once they've sacked it say ten times you get a message saying you've lost the game.

After a while you get a special quest which is to liberate another town. You get a group of good warriors and must fight your way through different kinds of thrall who are all attacking you. When you reach the town you win the quest and get a second place to recruit from.

Variations on this could be getting food or weapons to Zendar to build up the army. Or after defeating a large war party Zendar is destroyed (switch the flag to invisible) and you must travel to the other side of the map (like the Landing at White Falls in M2).

Later quests could include recovering an item (the Deciever's hand, the Ibis Crown) from a location (a modified city) with lots of enemies in the way. Maybe there is one that gives you access to Heron Guard troops. Rescuing a powerful NPC character (one of the Council of Seven or King Alric) Or finally making your way to the spawning point (Dhorak Keep) entering and fighting the big leader surrounded by shades.

I know. This thread is mainly for me putting down my ideas and for anybody else who is interested. When the tools come out I'll be doing another mod (ASOIAF) and only when that is finished maybe I'll start on this.

I was thinking about this mod idea and used search function to see if anyone else had. Someone did!

I think Myth makes for great mod material, but I differ from your opinion on what the mod should look like.

Why deviate so much from the original game? There already exists a map of the world of myth. It could be used as a reference for creating the map in M&B. The campaign could be the same aswell, all the campaign levels from Myth lend themselves for play in first-person perspective.

It would indeed be hard to include dwarfs, ghols or exploding wights into the mod, but I saw that it was also possible to create a Battlestar Galactica mod in M&B, so it could be overcome.

Mind you, this is me daydreaming since I have no knowledge about modding, but if I ever were to invest time in it, I would invest it in this idea..

Ian Strong said:
I was thinking about this mod idea and used search function to see if anyone else had. Someone did!

I think Myth makes for great mod material, but I differ from your opinion on what the mod should look like.

Why deviate so much from the original game? There already exists a map of the world of myth. It could be used as a reference for creating the map in M&B. The campaign could be the same aswell, all the campaign levels from Myth lend themselves for play in first-person perspective.

It would indeed be hard to include dwarfs, ghols or exploding wights into the mod, but I saw that it was also possible to create a Battlestar Galactica mod in M&B, so it could be overcome.

Mind you, this is me daydreaming since I have no knowledge about modding, but if I ever were to invest time in it, I would invest it in this idea..
Haha, I was thinking about Myth mod too.
What a loss that this project was not done. I have somewhere my Myth & Myth2 CDs - I could rip some sounds and graphics from there. But I'm begginer at modding so I'm not going to make full conversation mod this year.

Nice dig out! :razz:

Yes yes, he's an archealogist and found a mummy. Don't rub it in so much or he might set the mummy on you! XD

I guess I should have checked the date, but I was afraid to get scolded for not using search function... But it seems one get's scolded anyway :S

Still, it's an awesome mod idea :razz:

westside said:
i want to see this mod in the FLESH. when you finish it can you call me on my cell?

You guys are weird. If you have time to post for assistance, why the heck don't you just check the forums once a month?

Beowulf Of The Swadians said:
I can't wait for this mod :grin: .I know the game Myth:T.F.L. and i realy would like this mod to be released :razz:
  Best of luck!!

westside said:
i want to see this mod in the FLESH. when you finish it can you call me on my cell?

You people ****ing scare me.

Actually Myth was published faaar before Wow.
And wow didn't invent anything, like every game, they find their inspiration in ancient myth.
The fir bolg are the same as the greek Titan in irish mythology.

But, yeah, M&B would be perfet for a Myth mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom