M&B in top ten at Gamespot

Users who are viewing this thread

Have a look at the user score. 9.0 from 1020 players. And check how the readers ***** the gamespot review in the user reviews.

If you look at the available now list for PC games, it's 6th. Games like Call of Duty 4 and Crysis are under it. :mrgreen:

Coenraad said:
Have a look at the user score. 9.0 from 1020 players. And check how the readers ***** the gamespot review in the user reviews.
Lol yeah, everyone loves this game so they hate that score. :mrgreen:

So what you just said was fanbois swarm to the site to complain about a review, and jack up the rating by clicking 10 without thinking about what that rating means.

To get a 10, M&B would have to have better graphics than CoD4.

Therefore, it cannot get a 10, unless the voter is bias.

Adanai said:
So what you just said was fanbois swarm to the site to complain about a review, and jack up the rating by clicking 10 without thinking about what that rating means.

You know.. people actually DO have their own personal opinions on things. Who knew?!

The GameSpot score is different, there they always take all the different aspects of the games into account. (I hope I typed this sentence right, I'm not perfect at english!)

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot! Everyone hate these 2 sites!!
Eurogamer  5 / 10
Digital Chumps  5.6 / 10

Only sometimes, the result is more than the sum of its parts. That's M&B.

And sometimes the result is... well... not even half as much as the sum of its parts. That's all those shiny, big-budget, utterly boring and repetitive "mainstream" games, including the often compared-to Oblivion. (Of course that's biased, but hey, it's my opinion :wink:)

Adanai said:

t1337Dude said:
It's based on popularity and how often people visit M&B's page on Gamespot.

Web hits do not equal votes. So, except for fans complaining about the review, nothing Coenraad or MrNutjob said implied your assertion. Essentially, putting words in their mouth (keyboard). Perhaps you are simply projecting your own bias?

I stopped giving gamespot credibility awhile ago when they fired Gerstmann because he wouldn't fluff up his Kayne & Lynch review to look better. (They had a big ad deal with gamespot.) I try not even to visit their site, but I did check out the M&B page just now to give it a hit.

bravesirknight said:
I stopped giving gamespot credibility awhile ago when they fired Gerstmann because he wouldn't fluff up his Kayne & Lynch review to look better. (They had a big ad deal with gamespot.) I try not even to visit their site, but I did check out the M&B page just now to give it a hit.
That really sucked, and still sucks.

They also ban tons of people from the forums all the time, people that haven't even done anything ban worthy. They banned me a while back, and after that I moved over to GameTrailers.

bravesirknight said:
I stopped giving gamespot credibility awhile ago when they fired Gerstmann because he wouldn't fluff up his Kayne & Lynch review to look better. (They had a big ad deal with gamespot.)

I admire that.  Takes guts to stick to your principles when faced with the loss of a paycheck.  The guys got integrity.

On hearing this, gamespot has fallen in my appreciation of their reviews.  Not just for MnB but for other titles Ive read reviews on and been puzzled about.

Adanai said:

rciwv0.jpg

I voted it a 10. Meh. More votes + better review = more buyers = more money = more funds and motivation = M&B2.

t1337Dude said:
HvyPetals said:
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q273/hvypetals/ScreenHunter_01Oct010900.gif

Kinda wierd that a game scored at "6" is in their own top ten just a few spots from GTA.

Haha.  Nice! :razz:

Not too nice actually. It's based on popularity and how often people visit M&B's page on Gamespot. It's behind a console port from 4 years ago. In fact, I don't even know what San Andreas is doing on that list.

I know. Because it's a great game.

Back
Top Bottom