M&B files corrupted ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Chricky

Squire
So, I downloaded M&B a few days ago, played it and it is a superb game !! I'm just waiting to put money in the bank to buy the serial key, however I went to run M&B and this came up :
5b7kfo.jpg

I un-installed it and re-installed it about 3 times already and I've tried using my registry cleanr (Eusing) and then re-installed it and still no luck :sad: I've tried making a new user account just to see, but still, no luck.  Help me please !!

I've just had an idea, if I brought this at a retail store, would if work or would it still be corrupted ?

It's probably an antivirus, download manager or an actual virus mucking about with the executable. Try a full malware scan, deactivate any download managers and redownloading. Might also want to try from a different mirror too.

Archonsod said:
It's probably an antivirus, download manager or an actual virus mucking about with the executable. Try a full malware scan, deactivate any download managers and redownloading. Might also want to try from a different mirror too.

Ok thanks this will sound silly but how do I
A) Run a full malware scan
B)Deactiveate download managers

Ok this is annoying me, I can't help not playing Mount&Blade becuase now I have a taste of it :smile:

I have done all in the first post, and all that was suggested by Archonsod and I removed all the keys from regedit program I then re-installed it, and it was still corrupted, I need help please, urgently ! 

Also: If I bought a serial key/cd copy would it help anything ?

ok. I am having this same problem.
            -let me get this straight. I'm supposed to DISABLE my download managers (which check for viruses) and DISABLE my virus scan when downloading a file from the internet... Why would this have anything to do with Mount & Blade not working after HOURS of playing the game. I am level 23 or 24 and suddenly an issue comes up with where I downloaded the game from? I don't know whats going on here, but I don't think downloading from a different site with all my anti-virus programs off is a viable option.

-am i just paranoid?
            -is there anything else I can do?
            -why did this happen with no provacation?

Something has mucked around with the exe. I should have thought it was obvious from the error :lol:

Reinstall, try and turn off whatever thinks editing completely unrelated executables is a good idea. Could be anything from Office indexing service to an antivirus modifying the file to mark it as clean. Could even be malware or a virus itself.

Archonsod said:
Something is altering the exe from what Themida expects. You need to figure out what.

Try running msconfig and disabling everything and reinstalling, see if it still occurs.

hmm I have the same problem... are you sure i should disable everything?

Well either the guys computer crapped out or he fixed it. :razz: So you should probably do what's suggested above. But start from the beginning of the suggestions before jumping to the end.

Hey!

I have the same problem. I had Mount&Blade installed some time ago and it was working, but then after a monthly break from the game I wanted to play again but the same error showed up. I tried reinstalling it but it wouldn't work. So I got really pissed off and just formated my whole computer...everything...then I tryed to reinstall it back but still the error would show. I formated and reinstalled a copy of XP professional SP1 several times ( about 5 times - once including SP2) and then I intalled the version 0.950 and it worked!  BUT!! I wanted to update it to the latest version and so i did but then the error showed up again.  ah... So I reinstalled and formated the whole computer again and installed the 0.950 version again and played it for some time. After closing the game (doing nothing to it) I tryed to run it again but the error showed up! I tryed downloading from diffrent servers but still..what the ef?

I don't have the slightest clue what's happening! The name of the message is Themida right? I tryed to google it and it says that's acctually some kind of virus (though many people say it's just security Taleworlds use to protect). So I dowloaded an antispyware which says it removes Themida (AntiSpyware 2009) but it didn't find anything.

What could be wrong with it...I don't want to use the crack and never did but I'm afraid that by pruchasing this excellent game wouldn't solve the problem. I downloaded from diffrent servers, formated the disk completely (even scanned it thru), installed fresh copy of XP professional, but the darn error still persists!

Please if anyone has any suggestions, solutions or ideas post them here!

LordZendor

This is still a serious problem but I'm sorry to wake up an old thread but still. I tryed to do what this whole topic suggested but didn't get the right results. So now a new idea came up.

I am using Opera web browser which has a kind of "built-in" download manager. I don't think that has any effect on the file itself, but I'll try to download it in plain old IE and see what happens. I will post the results later...

after installing from IE:

Well it still doesn't work ... same error appears...I'll never solve this problem : :shock:

I got this problem too. I remember I was still able to play M and B with my antivirus and firewall ON and it is working perfectly fine. But then recently my antivirus always notifies me of "Win32.Virut.CF" I am receiving notification that it has been removed. I performed deep scan. Everytime I find some security risk I remove it. Since that "Win32.Virut.CF" notification pops up, I could never play M&B again. I was planning to buy it even though iit uns lil bit slow in my pc because it is really good. But jeez, I think its this Win32.Virut.CF that is causing the problem. Its the culprit! Its persistent too, my antivirus removes it every time but it keeps coming back its like a ball that keep bouncing in a wall. I gathered some info about this virut and it says that it affects .exe files. So i suspected that this was the culprit! Everytime I double-click the M&B.exe "Themida" message appears.

Update 1
I currently turned off my system restore and started a FULL SCALE INVASION! I mean, a full system scan. Virut might be hiding in the system restore thing. I'll get back for results. (I still have m&B installed in my pc)

UPdate2
STill on the scan, its still gonna take about 1-2 hours. What I noticed was, at first I performed full scan, nothing was detected and its clean. But when I turned off system restore and started full system scan, right now I got 3 fully resolved and 1 partially resolved Win32.Virut.Cf.s' If I get free of this virut and M&B starts to work fine then I am sur that this would be the culprit.

UPdate 3

Scan finished, I restart the pc after getting 23 security risk removed but still, M and B wont run.

Once we get this error, are we not gonna be able to play M&B forever and ever? no matter what download resource, full system scan, or re-install/uninstall I do, Themida keeps appearing. If the new M&B version comes out and we download it, are w going to have this error again?

myshikai said:
Once we get this error, are we not gonna be able to play M&B forever and ever? no matter what download resource, full system scan, or re-install/uninstall I do, Themida keeps appearing. If the new M&B version comes out and we download it, are w going to have this error again?
This is a tough error ... I had an antivirus program installed and everytime I ran m&b, the antivirus alerted me of somekind of virus (when Themida popped up). This error probably won't show up in future versions of the game...atleast I hope so.

Perhaps having the CD version of the game would probably eliminate the error but I'm not sure why would it. Or maybe when M&B 2 comes out one day the error won't be there, but still I want this error fixed so I can play m&b ...

Still waiting for some solutions from the admins and other members...

Back
Top Bottom