Resolved M&B drastically increasing fan-curve speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti
CPU: Intel I7-6700K
CPU cooling: WaterCooled Corsair H110i
RAM: Corsair 16 GB in 2x8 dual channel
Motherboard: Z170A Krait Gaming
Installed on Intel NVMe SSD

Details:
This is the only game that this problem occurs in. After about 5-10 minutes of game-time in Mount and Blade Bannerlord, my fans become a wind-tunnel and maxes out its RPM.

eee9b1e07d63b1b41ca488c9dec06c64.png

ffe712f1c89a636891ac90f5038d84f5.png

Just one point, the game is very heavy, and takes lots of graphics card power. In my opinion its pretty normal. It does same to me in games like Warhammer. Etc, but sure i may be wrong.

It's because your GPU load is big, 80-99%, that requires a full fan speed to keep it cool since it uses more voltage to fuel a bigger frequency in order to sustain the game's needed performance. I wouldn't worry too much about the fan. I'd cap my FPS if I were you.

That CPU fan speed is not normal, 56 degrees and 100% fan speed is an odd choice. Make a custom fan curve and prevent that. Same for your GPU.
I sure do agree, but the fan speed sometimes may be 100% when over 70 degrees if you are using the cooler that came with the processor.

I sure do agree, but the fan speed sometimes may be 100% when over 70 degrees if you are using the cooler that came with the processor.
The CPU is not using the stock fan that came with it. It is using the corsair H110i watercooler. I am not so worried about my GPU fan as it is not nearly as loud as the radiator for the CPU. But when my radiator for my CPU is running at max RPM for 56 degrees even when I have a custom fan curve; it's got me confused and annoyed to the point I won't play the game.

Our game uses CPU a lot but other than that, the game should not be affecting how the CPU fan works. That's on bios/motherboard. Vsycn is disabled by default you can enable it and maybe use a frame limiter to overcome this issue.

Back
Top Bottom