M&B Beta files suggest COOP mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

37M3ihn.png

I just randomly stumbled upon this, so it seems like Taleworlds didn't abandon COOP yet? Any thoughts?

If they add this in the future by either DLC or as an update, I will be very happy. But I do not expect it for early access.

It might also be that they tried but it never worked and what we're seeing are just the remnants. And they may have no future plans to include it.

There are a lot of things left in the game files. I also stumbled upon a character named coop or something i don't remember the name exactly but a lot of these could have been things they were doing tests with just like the guns and will leave it for the future or just be something deleted that is leftover.

Memory is vague but i'm pretty sure COOP was kind of confirmed just very very far away.

There are a lot of things left in the game files. I also stumbled upon a character named coop or something i don't remember the name exactly but a lot of these could have been things they were doing tests with just like the guns and will leave it for the future or just be something deleted that is leftover.

Memory is vague but i'm pretty sure COOP was kind of confirmed just very very far away.
Coop was never confirmed, they tried it years ago but shelved the idea because it was too complicated at the time.
But who knows after full release

Code:
<string id="coop_character_creation_screen_0" text="GERCreate New Character" />
    <string id="coop_character_creation_screen_2" text="GERAvailable Characters" />
    <string id="coop_character_creation_screen_3" text="GER{COOP_PLAYER.LINK} {?IS_IN_USE}(In Use){?} {\?}" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_1" text="GERDownloading" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_2" text="GERDownloading Campaign Data" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_3" text="GERWaiting for clients to create their characters" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_4" text="GERclient" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_5" text="GERWaiting for {COUNT} {CLIENT_OR_CLIENTS} to finish loading: {LOADING_CLIENTS}" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_6" text="GERWaiting for clients to finish their loot/trade event." />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_7" text="GERWaiting for clients to finish their party presentation event." />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_8" text="GERWaiting for server to finish his party presentation event." />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_9" text="GERReturning..." />
I found this awhile back, I assume it is just relics from testing. Its not realistic to predict coop based on this kind of stuff.

Could be neat if it works akin to total wars drop-in, drop-out battles. Have one of your mates play as a captain under your command or hell, even a companion or family member. Limitations might be present in the area of battles seeing as auto-calc battles for AI are far quicker than playing as humans against AI, so they might be locked to your party indefinitely. Lot of ways it could go if it's going to be in at all, but it will be interesting to see how they tackle Co-op if they choose to.

Code:
<string id="coop_character_creation_screen_0" text="GERCreate New Character" />
    <string id="coop_character_creation_screen_2" text="GERAvailable Characters" />
    <string id="coop_character_creation_screen_3" text="GER{COOP_PLAYER.LINK} {?IS_IN_USE}(In Use){?} {\?}" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_1" text="GERDownloading" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_2" text="GERDownloading Campaign Data" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_3" text="GERWaiting for clients to create their characters" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_4" text="GERclient" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_5" text="GERWaiting for {COUNT} {CLIENT_OR_CLIENTS} to finish loading: {LOADING_CLIENTS}" />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_6" text="GERWaiting for clients to finish their loot/trade event." />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_7" text="GERWaiting for clients to finish their party presentation event." />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_8" text="GERWaiting for server to finish his party presentation event." />
    <string id="coop_status_screen_9" text="GERReturning..." />
I found this awhile back, I assume it is just relics from testing. Its not realistic to predict coop based on this kind of stuff.
Its not????????? I find they sorted out a system and everything, maybe not now but for a distsnt future

They said they weren't certain how it would work except maybe as two memebrs of the same party on the map. It's not in their pipeline so I wouldn't even expect it on full release nevermind EA. *Might* be a DLC several years down the line.

I can see coop working if a party only state. My friends and I usually just screen-share each others games when we play at the same time, so it would function the same basically. You make decisions alongside your friend who controls the main character on the campaign map and you could always switch who controls the campaign character with a button or something.

While we have experimented with the idea of co-op in the past, I want to make it clear that the game currently doesn't have a co-op mode, nor will one be added during EA or at the full-release. Please don't buy the game expecting it to come at any stage now or in the future.

While we have experimented with the idea of co-op in the past, I want to make it clear that the game currently doesn't have a co-op mode, nor will one be added during EA or at the full-release. Please don't buy the game expecting it to come at any stage now or in the future.

Well thats just sad. Hopefully there will be some devine mod in time that will make it work.

There is no doubt in my mind that it can be done in a very simple way, but it just doesn't live up to a standard that TW is willing to produce.

One such way is making one player in charge of all the crap on the overworld map, and the other(s) just appear in scenes, practically functioning as a companion.

There is no doubt in my mind that it can be done in a very simple way, but it just doesn't live up to a standard that TW is willing to produce.

One such way is making one player in charge of all the crap on the overworld map, and the other(s) just appear in scenes, practically functioning as a companion.
feel free to mod that in :razz: but i would never want to have such a limited co-op, in that case i'd rather have none

Apart from this, which honestly I find pretty lame, although I'd still play the hell out of it for sure, I personally have no idea how it could possibly be attempted.
This topic is very common so I imagine that some people have come up with interesting ideas for how it could work in the past. If so, could anyone link me one such thread/post?

I have only come up with 3 ways it could be done, the one mentioned here. the other being auto result battles for all battles where both players are not there the third and best, but it would become tiresome i think. Is that whenever one player enters a scene (battle or town to walk) the other players adobt the role as one of the others companions or takes control of the enemy army, but it could be exploited alot if its the army, on the other hand it would suck to join your friend in a battle against your own faction.

I have only come up with 3 ways it could be done, the one mentioned here. the other being auto result battles for all battles where both players are not there the third and best, but it would become tiresome i think. Is that whenever one player enters a scene (battle or town to walk) the other players adobt the role as one of the others companions or takes control of the enemy army, but it could be exploited alot if its the army, on the other hand it would suck to join your friend in a battle against your own faction.

What about Total War way? Let the other player choose whether to control enemy or allies, or spectate.

I guess there are mostly technical issues that make it hard to implement it in the game.
From a gameplay perspektive the biggest issue seems to me, that everytime the player enters a scene, like the marketplace or a battle, time is stopped.
So even though I don't like it, I also think the best option is to either pause the game each time a player enters scene, with spectating mode as an option or that the coop players is simply a companion.

Back
Top Bottom