M&B 1.011 and Windows 7 - solution for crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

Out of curiosity, does this version do anything at all for just plain old performance or does it only decrease the likelihood of crashes? My game runs fine and hardly ever crashes, but I could use some more speed.

Mandible said:
Out of curiosity, does this version do anything at all for just plain old performance or does it only decrease the likelihood of crashes? My game runs fine and hardly ever crashes, but I could use some more speed.

- Removes Themida protection (also called packer, so the code isn't scrambled and runs faster on the CPU)
- Looks like it includes some random bugfixes on the executable code.
- Removes the 32 troop limit.
- Has a revised Native module.
- Includes additional languages (Spanish and Turk)
- Better scenes, some of the SCOs were modified. So probably includes better AI mesh and spawn points.
- Some textures were edited

Okay So can i have the download link again to the large adware address program to download it

1 - Where do i save the file
2 - how do i use it
3 - MOST IMPORTANTLY, can someone just tell me simple step by step instructions instead of giving me a careless link that is way more complicated then what im asking for, been 2 weeks now nad i still havent used it and i uninstalled the adware program, i would love 4 gb of ram on this game it would be 2x as good on my computer can someone please help me...

thank you!  :sad:

BlackDeath said:
Okay So can i have the download link again to the large adware address program to download it

1 - Where do i save the file
2 - how do i use it
3 - MOST IMPORTANTLY, can someone just tell me simple step by step instructions instead of giving me a careless link that is way more complicated then what im asking for, been 2 weeks now nad i still havent used it and i uninstalled the adware program, i would love 4 gb of ram on this game it would be 2x as good on my computer can someone please help me...

thank you!  :sad:

1. Get this thing there:

Code:
[url=http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php]http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php[/url]
Just click on the "Download the 4GB Patch" at the bottom of the page.

2. Extract the ZIP file and run the program included. (There's only a file, so I expect you shouldn't have any problems with that)

A dialog box will appear prompting you to select the corresponding
Code:
mount&blade.exe
or
Code:
mb_warband.exe
If you've installed a mod you already know what the directory I'm talking about.

By default at
Code:
C:\Program Files <whatever> \Mount&Blade\ -> Here <-

3. This dialog should appear. Confirming the patching:
4gb_patch.jpg

That's it! :smile:

okay so i apreciate the time you took to make that and it did help alot but at step 2 1/2 i was a little confused to i just guessed, i installed the program i put it in my mount and blade folder for futher use anyway when i started it to select the programs or w.e i just clicked mount and blade the application and patched that, then went into my modules folder and patched the iron launcher that gets me into the mod, is those the right ones to do?, cause i dont understand the .exe or what that means lol.. i feel ignorant but nothing i can do

BlackDeath said:
okay so i apreciate the time you took to make that and it did help alot but at step 2 1/2 i was a little confused to i just guessed, i installed the program i put it in my mount and blade folder for futher use anyway when i started it to select the programs or w.e i just clicked mount and blade the application and patched that, then went into my modules folder and patched the iron launcher that gets me into the mod, is those the right ones to do?, cause i dont understand the .exe or what that means lol.. i feel ignorant but nothing i can do

That's it. You've done it right. Patching the Iron Launcher isn't needed but doesn't hurts either.
The performance boost is evident if you've a mostly modern rig. Have fun.

I don't know how it fixes Win7 crashes, but posted about the new build of M&B like more than a year ago and it didn't cause much of a stir back then. The interesting thing is why did TW keep quiet about it? I've never seen/heard any official statement about it. And apparently they removed it from the website later on. Strange... :???:

SnoeiSchaaR said:
NSIS error every time I try to install 1.011 enhanced setup (even with run as administrator)
Mine is 369MB

I've just downloaded my copy of the enhanced installer from mbrepository and everything worked fine for me. My file weights 390.562 KB, that is, 381 MB.
Seems like your download stopped prematurely for some reason, you could try downloading it again.

Hi there! I havent played this for 2 or 3 years, still one of the best ever games I think!

Do we want this patch for Steam? Does it add the stability and extra features like it did in non-Steam M&B ?

I note previous comment from 2011 saying Steam was non-Enhanced version but maybe this has changed now?

Percival Goodenough said:
Hi there! I havent played this for 2 or 3 years, still one of the best ever games I think!

Do we want this patch for Steam? Does it add the stability and extra features like it did in non-Steam M&B ?

I note previous comment from 2011 saying Steam was non-Enhanced version but maybe this has changed now?

You can just overwrite the files on Steam and try it by yourself. Additionally it will remove the DRM of the game. So you can launch it without having to pass by Steam first, which I find a hassle. Achievements, if they even exist for the original game, I don't remember, won't work. If that ever bothers you.

I don't think this has been sent upstream in any platforms. Desura for sure, if somebody bought using Gamersgate, tell us.

Back
Top Bottom