M&B 1.011 and Windows 7 - solution for crashes

Currently viewing this thread:

It appears that enhanced patch for MB cures most of crashing on Win7.
If you have mount&blade.exe 3.9Mb in size and have frequent crashes on your Win7 - try downloading enhanced version.
Apparently main TW website still has old inferior build of MB1.011 in main download page. Dunno why they did not change it.
So use the links below:

Download:
http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=2595
http://download.taleworlds.com/mountandblade_1011_setup_enhanced.exe

The above build also removes 32 troop limit and Themida, and includes a list of small enhancements

Also the tip that worked brilliantly for me:
If you have Win7, >=4Mb of RAM and enhanced version (M&B.exe 2.0Mb in size) try set exe as "Large Address Aware". E.g. by using CFF explorer to edit exe under 'File Header>Characteristics>click here> and check "app can handle >2gb address space"
Hat tip, Barf
 

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Thanks GetAssista, the other day I also uploaded it to the Mount&Blade's Mod DB page, which provides lots of extra mirrors:
Code:
[url=http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version][color=navy]>> http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version[/color][/url]

Have fun!

______________________________
PS: Is pretty funny that I called the original file like that and now everybody uses the notation.
Even the own TaleWorlds. :smile:. They should call it 1.012 or sth like that. *shrugs* A bit later for that... maybe
 
Can this simply be installed over top the current M&B, or should M&B be removed from the system and then this installed in place of it?
 

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Northcott said:
Can this simply be installed over top the current M&B, or should M&B be removed from the system and then this installed in place of it?

I suppose you can paste it over the old files, extract the installer using 7-zip.
I've just tested it and works finely, as expected. :smile:

Portable software FTW!
 
I'v tried downloading this 3 times. 2 times from moddb and once from the repositroy. All three times it has timed out at 99% with 1 second left. Any solutions?
 

junkmonk

Recruit
commanderdot said:
I'v tried downloading this 3 times. 2 times from moddb and once from the repositroy. All three times it has timed out at 99% with 1 second left. Any solutions?

try using a download manager like DownThemAll!
 

Boiled Ice

Regular
Swyter said:
Thanks GetAssista, the other day I also uploaded it to the Mount&Blade's Mod DB page, which provides lots of extra mirrors:
Code:
[url=http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version][color=navy]>> http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version[/color][/url]

I downloaded the file from this link.  It's called mountandblade_1.011_enhanced_setup but it's a 3.9MB file.  I thought the enhanced file was 2mb.
 

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Boiled Ice said:
Swyter said:
Thanks GetAssista, the other day I also uploaded it to the Mount&Blade's Mod DB page, which provides lots of extra mirrors:
Code:
[url=http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version][color=navy]>> http://www.moddb.com/games/mount-blade/downloads/mountblade-1011-fall-2009-enhanced-version[/color][/url]

I downloaded the file from this link.  It's called mountandblade_1.011_enhanced_setup but it's a 3.9MB file.  I thought the enhanced file was 2mb.

Take a look :smile: :
Code:
Mount&Blade 1.011 / Fall 2009 Enhanced Version
Filename -> mountandblade_1011_setup_enhanced.exe
Type -> Full Version
Uploader -> Swyter
Date -> Sep 25th, 2011
Size -> 381.41mb (399,934,609 bytes)
Downloads -> 1,683 (402 today)

It's a full installer, mate. Includes the entire game.
You can overwrite files though.
 

Ettore53

Sergeant
WF&S
95% of crashes with M&B are cured using enhanced version and Large Address Aware program if you have windows 7 64  (Large Address Aware let  you use 4 Gb of Ram instead of 2Gb on M&B)
 

BlackDeath

Recruit
M&BWBWF&S
Large Address Aware program  - how do i do what he recommended to do, because i have windows 7 4gb of ram exactly and i get frequent crashes and irritation so i just uninstalled mnb and im using this link to install the enhanced version and now im wondering how great this tip works and if it works for the lord of the rings mod?

thats all i play

can i get a step by step clear and simple minded instruction of how to do what the tip said because i have no idea what he said to do im computer illiterate
 

Swyter

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&S
BlackDeath said:
Large Address Aware program  - how do i do what he recommended to do, because i have windows 7 4gb of ram exactly and i get frequent crashes and irritation so i just uninstalled mnb and im using this link to install the enhanced version and now im wondering how great this tip works and if it works for the lord of the rings mod?

thats all i play

can i get a step by step clear and simple minded instruction of how to do what the tip said because i have no idea what he said to do im computer illiterate

Two useful links... Here and here. Enjoy!
Code:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,113029.msg2733668.html#msg2733668
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,197235.msg4730036.html#msg4730036
 

BlackDeath

Recruit
M&BWBWF&S
I deleted mount and blade and the mod and reinstaled with the links given and still the same errors, evn installed th mod patch I didn't knowexisted, I'm getting frustrated, any advice, would you like to see the screenshot maybe I should change the resolution?
 
I tried to lower all details and resolution...and i can say crashes happen only in big battles now, but graphics looks bad now, and I hope moders will fix that crashes soon
 

BlackDeath

Recruit
M&BWBWF&S
Mine doesn't even crash often at all anymore its bareable probably after a few hours it will crash, I ddnt know how to use that large address adware program although I have it installed, what do I do exactly? Also the only erriors I'm disliking here is the dam backrounds in the sky, otherwise I have no complains
 

BlackDeath

Recruit
M&BWBWF&S
i have the large address program installed its in my mnb files, now what do i do? step by step easy instructions of what to do and what file to pick exactly please
 

BlackDeath

Recruit
M&BWBWF&S
I'm not complaining about crashes anymore! Because its not bad but I'm complaining about the backround in the sky, I took screenshots with xfire how do I put them up here for you
 
Top Bottom