M and OGL's list thread

Users who are viewing this thread

cb00865ec9.jpg

It's ok guys he's done for the night  :lol: :lol: :lol:

don't know why you use the modern skill level is higher argument for all time lists.. it doesn't water in sports let alone some small game.

Modern footballers are superior to footballers of yesteryear but the all time lists are not full only of modern players, same with boxing and MMA. Ken shamrock is a hall of famer one of the all time greats but he would get destroyed against todays skill levels.

All time lists use peoples skill levels compared to their peers at the time, Someone who was an absolute beast and innovator on inf in 2012 might lose to an avg inf now but they still deserve a super high ranking.
*edit to make it simpler, most college kids know more science than Newton did, doesn't make them smarter ^^

Really nicely put together list, loved the breakdown of the eras and great to see so many old names!

Watly said:
I find it highly offensive that Kiano is portrayed as British.

It's nice to see Watly offended on someone else's behalf. I get that the list smiths were busy with listing and not geography, but I would point out that there's a distinct difference between Ireland and the UK.

Please, change the name of player from "Messiuh" to "Messius". I know this guy and he will commit suicide after seeing this. Wait ... Oh, I know, he played a ranger maybe the first year of the game, but then eight long years he was a infantry. So change it, please. Thank you.

1) Good work anyway. You had to put a lot of effort into it.

I have been away for way to long to show up in any of the rankings. Which is very understandable. However, sometimes it is a blow to the ego as I felt that I was quite okayish in my prime.

Good list M and OGL!

Blead said:
I have been away for way to long to show up in any of the rankings. Which is very understandable. However, sometimes it is a blow to the ego as I felt that I was quite okayish in my prime.

Good list M and OGL!
you were way better than just "okayish" :grin:

Aeronwen has kindly corrected a couple of typos in the era descriptions and I've updated the post about sources with a write up about information from one of the list scribes, who I believe attempts to answer some of how they've rated players. Thanks guys. I've also edited the OP to remove my negative sentiments towards basing opinion pieces like this wholly on statistics which I understand is a problem for someone, thanks Orion for the guidance on this. Let me know if anything else needs to be changed

Orion said:
§ 7 Behavior

As mentioned previously, the forum rules always apply. What varies is how strictly they are enforced by forum staff. Posts within list threads (including the list itself) will be under increased scrutiny for the duration of the trial, and posts which are in violation of the forum rules will be dealt with more severely than is the norm for this board. Posts that are flaming or spam will be deleted, and warnings given appropriately. Lists which are found to be in violation of forum rules will be deleted, and the user's approval to participate in the trial as a list-maker will be revoked. They may be replaced, as mentioned above in the Oversight section.

[quote author=M & OGL]
Do know that if you're not listed, you almost definitely are **** though.
[/quote]^^^

Don't make me fix that for you. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom