MP Medieval Age of Blades - AoE II based multiplayer mod

Users who are viewing this thread

NikeBG said:
Indeed. As I said in D.E.A.T.H.'s thread, AoE2 in M&B can be a total blast. Makes me want to reinstall the actual game again...

Why did you even delete it from your computer?  :wink:
I (sometimes) still play it with some friends.

(the question wasn't aimed at me, but I feel the same as NikeBG)

Because the game used to be an "up-to-date" one when I was like...5th grade (which is an awfully long time ago, about 12 years or something).

Good luck with this, Albertus. Though I'm not a big fan of "historrically accurate" mods, I'll be keeping my eye on this.

I made a Militia-texture out of the padded-leather:

militiai.jpg

Militia.jpg

The game's militia appear to have spiked clubs, conveniantly for you, there's a similar model in native as well. Called spiked club, incidentally.

Might want to use that one, it looks cooler anyways.

Austupaio said:
The game's militia appear to have spiked clubs, conveniantly for you, there's a similar model in native as well. Called spiked club, incidentally.

Might want to use that one, it looks cooler anyways.

Thanks  :wink:

Do you need help with scening? Its the least I can do, I have played AoE II since I was 7 years old :grin:

Also, about the cultures. Byzantine is out of question for Eastern, so I recommend... Who were those guys with the Mamlukes? Them.
For Nordic/Scandinavian, Teutons. I love Teuton Knights. Slowly, but surely, your going to get stabbed to death!
For the European one, its a hard decision between England and France. But Id say England, as French special troops may be hard to remake (2 handed throwing axes ftw).
Asian, definatly Mongols. But Japanese might work aswell, theres the model ingame already (Although youre remaking all the armors aye?)
And last, but not least, the American one should be Mayans. Just becouse.

Am I getting old, or did I forget someone? :razz:

OMG! This is great! Keep up the good work Albertus, Im lookin' forward to it!

Temuzu said:
Do you need help with scening? Its the least I can do, I have played AoE II since I was 7 years old :grin:

Also, about the cultures. Byzantine is out of question for Eastern, so I recommend... Who were those guys with the Mamlukes? Them.
For Nordic/Scandinavian, Teutons. I love Teuton Knights. Slowly, but surely, your going to get stabbed to death!
For the European one, its a hard decision between England and France. But Id say England, as French special troops may be hard to remake (2 handed throwing axes ftw).
Asian, definatly Mongols. But Japanese might work aswell, theres the model ingame already (Although youre remaking all the armors aye?)

No thanks, I think I will do the scening (correct spelling?) myself. If I need help I may ask you  :wink:
...but it's always good to know, some people are willing to help!
About the factions... You're right Two-handed-throwing axes are a lot of work. (But I remember a video!!!
Someone must have done this before!)
I think the American factions don't really fit into the world. One of my favorite cultures are the Huns,
but I believe torches don't work as weapons in mnbw. I also really love the chinese chu-ko-nus,
but they would also be a lot of work. Throwing sabres... That might work...
Let's see.
The special units are the last thing I do. First the basic units should be in the game!

Albertus Magnus said:
Temuzu said:

No thanks, I think I will do the scening (correct spelling?) myself. If I need help I may ask you  :wink:
About the factions... You're right Two-handed-throwing axes are a lot of work. (But I remember a video!!!
I think the American factions don't really fit into the world. One of my favorite cultures are the Huns,
but I believe torches don't work as weapons in mnbw. I also really love the chinese chu-ko-nus,
Let's see.
The special units are the last thing I do. First the basic units should be in the game!
Courage move,dude.But working alone will take much time than working as a team.:wink:

D.E.A.T.H said:
Albertus Magnus said:
Temuzu said:

Let's see.
Courage move,dude.But working alone will take much time than working as a team.:wink:

It wouldn't be the first mod I made (nearly!) alone  :wink:
The things, that people want to do to help me are a lot of fun for me. I like to code,
I like to texture and I like to build scenes and I don't see the point in finishing
a mod as soon as possible with the help of 20 people while spoiling the fun for me.

I personally can't wait to see the Cavaliers, they were my favourite units in the game, I even refrained from upgrading to paladins because I thought the Cavaliers looked cooler.  :lol:

Important-ish question, will your include hand gunners?

Back
Top Bottom