[M] 1866 mod for Warband multiplayer v.5 - Unofficial patch for 1.132 available!

Users who are viewing this thread

I have for 6 months now played what I consider to be the best online experiece ever!
(It is called Warband RP: http://www.moddb.com/mods/warband-role-play.      For more of a insight: http://www.warband-rp.com/)

In short this, turns Warband into a living breathing world where every action you do has a consequense. You start of as a simple peasant, but can be a farmer, fisherman, miner, blacksmith or many other types of jobs. You need tools to do these jobs and they can be bought in the cities by NPC players. If you want to sell something you can only sell things to players.

A quick excample of a miners day: first you must get pick axe, ore bag and smelting tools. Those can be bought in different cities and villages. Then go into the mine and mine. But oh wait, the mine is infested with NPC bandits! And you have little cash and a sword in the cities costs over 1000 denars! You would need a guard! But where to find one? Lets check the inn! At the inn you find many players of different kind. Whore's, warriors, theives, lords, knights. All look quite different and wear different armor. You find yourself a guard and he agrees to guard you for 10 denars. You give him his copper.
In the mines he plow the way and guard you while you use your pick axe to get ore. After a while you recieve 20 ore and he plows the way for you out of the mine.
Now that you have 20 ore you can smelt these at the smelter and produce 4 bars. These bars can again be used by a blacksmith to forge weapons or fold them (upgrade).
There are some players that are blacksmiths that are willing to buy those bars for about 40 denars from you.

So there you have it. This is just a 1 % all you can do in that game. There are admins that follows that every rule is followed and it actually works! It runs a duel server so not everyone can attack or troll as there please. To fight other players you must have a realistic reason to do so. Both can either join a combat group or chose to duel each other. You can also force duel someone to surprise attack, but this can only be applied every 15 minute, so chose your target wicely. But again, if you character is a miner and has no reason to attack anyone you shouldn't do it. you can get kicked or be banned for that.
My character is a blacksmith, and boy is it fun! Agree on prices, barter with newcomers, or experienced players that are lords and so on. It took me 6 months to become a blacksmith. Some jobs you have to apply on forums to become. But miners and farmers you can request from admins when you enter the game. To apply for a job in the forums you need to have character with a biograph.

The map is also huge so it can take quite some time to get from one city to another.

So to my dream: What if all this greatness would be applied to 1866? That would be even more awesome as I love that time period a tad more than the medieval one. It would also be quite interesting with pistols and rifles. So many jobs you could be too: Bartender, miner, farmer, banker, merchant, bounty hunter, army guard and the list just goes on.

So what do you think? Would you like to see this happend aswell?

ahhh still playing it even vs bots. I've only added hair or headdresses to natives because their bald heads was irrational  :grin: The most stable and complete mod about wild west. Troops look complete and realistic. Who knows - It looks pretty dead but I can see that Highlander is watching this forum, so who knows? I would be happy to ride again leading my Comanches against white settlements. I played this mod since v 0.8 christmas edition more than native M&B :smile:

So do I. Gladly so, as there is a server running. Wouldn't it be great if we could arrange a kind if an event in some form? Has this been done before?

Hi Im Swordsman, Admin of the 1866 JSC Server. When you see a password its because we are doing an internal event. Maybe in future we can organise international events on this mod.

Is it just me or is that server nowhere to be found? Played yesterday evening with a buddy – Since this morning I cannot see it.

Anybody out there at all interested in reviving this. Just got out for summer and I'm sad to see no server running this mod. :cry:

Would be fine, I prefer this mod than even Gabby's 1860 (which is really great), but this mod has it's western feeling since 1.011, well in 1866 I had feeling that it's another game(better for me) and in other mods it's all closer to native. Also this mod is relatively small, but perfectly done, without as many bugs and unfinished stuff.

1866 dev here, made all the weapons.

I just reinstalled this and joined the server with people on it. What kind of mental disorder do you need to enjoy this? I tried playing for a few hours and I couldn't see any redeeming qualities at all. You start with garbage guns with gigantic cone of fire, and then the first guy to get a lucky dice roll and kill a few people gets a repeater and is completely unstoppable. Game over. Everyone else is trapped using horrible guns that can't hit someone from literally 15 feet away. I wish Highlander and YM had listened to me about weapon proficiencies. This game is pretty much unplayable.

Penis Colada said:
1866 dev here, made all the weapons.

I just reinstalled this and joined the server with people on it. What kind of mental disorder do you need to enjoy this? I tried playing for a few hours and I couldn't see any redeeming qualities at all. You start with garbage guns with gigantic cone of fire, and then the first guy to get a lucky dice roll and kill a few people gets a repeater and is completely unstoppable. Game over. Everyone else is trapped using horrible guns that can't hit someone from literally 15 feet away. I wish Highlander and YM had listened to me about weapon proficiencies. This game is pretty much unplayable.
Depends the way you want to play it. Sure, it doesn't have the quality for balance, effects w/e. But it's alot of fun to just play together and pewpew some comanches. :grin:

Back
Top Bottom