[M] 1866 mod for Warband multiplayer v.5 - Unofficial patch for 1.132 available!

Users who are viewing this thread

yellowmosquito said:
alabaman said:
I get a messageg et_object failed for texture: pebbles_normal :sad:

What's wrong?

My friend had this.  Make sure you are running Warband version 1.125.  No other version will work.

Alright man I'll update my version then.

Thanks.

Wow, so I just got banned on the PRT 1866 server. Some ****ing ******* killed half of the team, including me when I had the best rifle, so I killed him for revenge then I got banned. That is just bull****. In game name "Cyrus".

Ive got some weird bbug- I had gotten multiple kills before, it was the USA facing either the Apaches or Commanches, and i shot at some indian, and then the game crashed. I think i got a headshot or something. Any way to fix this weird bug?

Chaunsey said:
im having a lot of fun with this, so far it has all run flawlessly for me, no lag, no crashes, except for the praire map which is bugged of course.

it would be nice to have more realistic shooting skill, since its adjustable, folks who prefer it where everyone shoots like they have parkinsons could still play that, but it would be fun to play a much more tactical game where accuracy is more realistic, granted you cant get it very right because the accuracy while moving is hardcoded.

to me, rifle accuracy should be equivalent to about 12 MOA at 100 yards when standing still, meaning a 12 inch group at 100 yards with an accurate rifle, less with a less accurate rifle, which is on the poor side of marksmanship in real life but should work in the game. at 300 yards it you should  be able to hit a man sized target, not garaunteed, but it shouldnt be near impossible  like it is now.

the balance is that you slow down the time it takes to shoulder and get a rifle on target, with the more accurate long barrel guns being really slow, and the less accurate but lighter guns being more quick, right now you can carry a scoped 1861 and use it in CQB and you can lift aim and fire it just as fast as someone wirth a pistol, making for an unrealistic AND unbalanced situation. pistols should be quite accurate out to 15-20 yards give or take depending on the accuracy of a given pistol, past that they can still hit, but not garaunteed, they should be quick to get on target, and retain decent accuracy while moving. although in this period most pistols are muzzle loaders or cap and ball, so the reloading ought to be slowed down considerably, this is why the S&W model 2 isnt as good a pistol right now as it should be, its weak, but if the other pistols had realistic reload times, the S&W would be a great choice, because it would be several times over faster to reload, i also think you should not be able to reload a cap and ball while moving, id like to see anyone try that with much success lol.

this would make it so that rifles and pistols are much more specialized, you wont see everyone running around a town with a long rifle in their hands clearing rooms, and pistols would be more than justa backup weapon. yes, rifles would be accurate, and it would be hard to move around in the open, but thats how it is in real life, stick to cover. on the flip side though, once you do close to within 50 yards with rifle armed men, then they will be in trouble, because the volume of fire and accuracy of pistol wielders will then be great, and up close the rifles are just too slow.

the weapons cost and the numbers of them ought to be balanced as well. in 1866 anything but muzzle loading rifles were still quite uncommon. there should be a limit to how many people on 1 team can use a breech loading rifles or they should be very very expoensive, and scoped rifles, in my opinion shouldnt even be in game, they were very rare at the time, they dont actually "work" anyway and normal rifles are more than accurate enough anyway just seems like another unnecessary option..

all of this would also serve to make the indian factions more effective, cause right now they seem pretty weak compared to the others.

sadly i know a lot of this isnt possible at the moment because of hard coded features in M&B. another feature that would be great, but probably make the game difficult to run would be a LOT more smoke, and it should hang around and drift across with the wind. in a heavy gun fight it should even become hard to actually see your enemy.

I agree with this post, there should also be gun butting and the ability to crouch or lean or something

Trippinz said:
Wow, so I just got banned on the PRT 1866 server. Some ******** ******* killed half of the team, including me when I had the best rifle, so I killed him for revenge then I got banned. That is just bull****. In game name "Cyrus".
its happened to me too i think its cuz everyone assumes the tker is going to be voted so then they vote you and everyone 1s it. but i prefer the nk server anyway the palouse town is fixed too.

Wow, so I just got banned on the PRT 1866 server. Some ******** ******* killed half of the team, including me when I had the best rifle, so I killed him for revenge then I got banned. That is just bull****. In game name "Cyrus".
its happened to me too i think its cuz everyone assumes the tker is going to be voted so then they vote you and everyone 1s it. but i prefer the nk server anyway the palouse town is fixed too.
Same here, and now he's taking my pseudo in others servers and he's tking his teammates. Everyone will think I'm a tker... Thanks to PRT_Beer for the no reason permaban while Cyrus is playing with impunity. That was really epic.  Incompetent admin + tkers = lot of fun.

If you see a player with my pseudo tking people, that's not me!

Are you guys still looking for more maps?  I have one that has all the major stuff done, only some more small props need to be added to liven stuff up.  But I'd really like to see how it plays so I know how to balance it.  I can PM one of the modders the files if you still want more maps.  I will of course continue to work on it.

mb30.jpg

mb29.jpg

mb28.jpg

mb27.jpg

mb26.jpg

mb25.jpg

mb24.jpg

mb22.jpg

RT2 said:
Same here, and now he's taking my pseudo in others servers and he's tking his teammates. Everyone will think I'm a tker... Thanks to PRT_Beer for the no reason permaban while Cyrus is playing with impunity. That was really epic.  Incompetent admin + tkers = lot of fun.

If you see a player with my pseudo tking people, that's not me!

i saw that, it was total BS, even after you were banned someone was there on your name TKing, that should have been a clue, not to mention the guy who came on named RT3 just to TK you, i thought beer definitely did a poor job taking care of the problem.

it was as easy as banning cyrus, who has been kicked multiple times before that ive seen.

Sadly these ****s are happening, yesterday 3 of my teammates were teamkilled, that guy was in apache team, and I think they sent him in US team for advantage. He said that he clicked ”accidentally”. So we have problems with gaming rules.

After some online time:

Many rifles are too accurate for MP. The ability to snipe a pixel from across the map, does not contribute to good play - it favors the player that hides and lets the others look for him and generally defensive tactics. This is hardly counter-balanced by long reloads because the distances are long and often the shooter is undetected from such distances. Some maps offer ample coverage to avoid this problem, which emphasize the need for map design that support this.  I'd say 95-96 should be the maximum accuracy and typical number around the 90's, YMMV.

While 1886[MP] is good fun, the limitations of the game engine which was not designed for a first person shooter game really stand out. This is not so much the case in SP where there is a distinct difference between AI and HI and role play takes much emphasis from the technical side of the fights. Not to mention some ugly human nature that rears its head in online play (see the above posts) and cannot be modded. I hope 1886[MP] will not prevent the development of 1886[SP] which is the real strength of this mod.

Otherwise, good fun and a refreshing change.

A little thing on the crashes: We seem to have pinpointed a spot on the "No Mans Land" map that causes crashes the moment you walk over it.

It is the right side ramp for the trench on team 1's spawn. Here is where I am talking about:
mb1k.jpg

It seems that certain map geometry causes the crashes, we have no idea why. We have witnessed multiple people crashing when they walk over that exact spot.

Alec{zacool} said:
mbwarband20100628161001.png

Eirikur, this is what I was talking about. :smile:

Heh, that's pretty interesting. It looks like that the game is searching for scenery props that aren't loaded in or present in your module. Have you tried a complete re-install? I often have a problem when directly extracting a folder to the module sub directory. For some reason, WinRar would make a habit of missing a few files. I found it much better to extract on desktop and then manually copy and paste the whole mod over.

About the crashes; it does seem clear that some of them are connected to headshots/shooting, whilst some seem to be connected to moving around. This together with the 'canyon-rock-crashes' in the editor makes me think there could be a bug with collision detection...

Turanien said:
Alec{zacool} said:
mbwarband20100628161001.png

Eirikur, this is what I was talking about. :smile:

Heh, that's pretty interesting. It looks like that the game is searching for scenery props that aren't loaded in or present in your module. Have you tried a complete re-install? I often have a problem when directly extracting a folder to the module sub directory. For some reason, WinRar would make a habit of missing a few files. I found it much better to extract on desktop and then manually copy and paste the whole mod over.
Actually, I have the very same problem on that particular map. And when I asked in the chat, it seemed like everybody else had the same thing. Bugged map I suppose?

mouthnhoof said:
After some online time:

Many rifles are too accurate for MP. The ability to snipe a pixel from across the map, does not contribute to good play - it favors the player that hides and lets the others look for him and generally defensive tactics. This is hardly counter-balanced by long reloads because the distances are long and often the shooter is undetected from such distances. Some maps offer ample coverage to avoid this problem, which emphasize the need for map design that support this.  I'd say 95-96 should be the maximum accuracy and typical number around the 90's, YMMV.

While 1886[MP] is good fun, the limitations of the game engine which was not designed for a first person shooter game really stand out. This is not so much the case in SP where there is a distinct difference between AI and HI and role play takes much emphasis from the technical side of the fights. Not to mention some ugly human nature that rears its head in online play (see the above posts) and cannot be modded. I hope 1886[MP] will not prevent the development of 1886[SP] which is the real strength of this mod.

Otherwise, good fun and a refreshing change.

I disagree, if you shoot from long distances, you have a chance of 60% to hit someone with a rifle. So if you miss, the target will spot you with the help of ”bullet_hit_ground” feature.

Ok, today joined an Gold Rush server, just played one minute and crashed while shooting an mexican. It was the Prairie map, it is the most preblematic map (for me). So please, don't host servers with that map.

CtrlAltDe1337 said:
Are you guys still looking for more maps?  I have one that has all the major stuff done, only some more small props need to be added to liven stuff up.  But I'd really like to see how it plays so I know how to balance it.  I can PM one of the modders the files if you still want more maps.  I will of course continue to work on it.

mb30.jpg

mb29.jpg

mb28.jpg

mb27.jpg

mb26.jpg

mb25.jpg

mb24.jpg

mb22.jpg

nice.

Probably these town maps will also be used in SP warband 1866.

Chaunsey said:
im having a lot of fun with this, so far it has all run flawlessly for me, no lag, no crashes, except for the praire map which is bugged of course.

it would be nice to have more realistic shooting skill, since its adjustable, folks who prefer it where everyone shoots like they have parkinsons could still play that, but it would be fun to play a much more tactical game where accuracy is more realistic, granted you cant get it very right because the accuracy while moving is hardcoded.

to me, rifle accuracy should be equivalent to about 12 MOA at 100 yards when standing still, meaning a 12 inch group at 100 yards with an accurate rifle, less with a less accurate rifle, which is on the poor side of marksmanship in real life but should work in the game. at 300 yards it you should  be able to hit a man sized target, not garaunteed, but it shouldnt be near impossible  like it is now.

the balance is that you slow down the time it takes to shoulder and get a rifle on target, with the more accurate long barrel guns being really slow, and the less accurate but lighter guns being more quick, right now you can carry a scoped 1861 and use it in CQB and you can lift aim and fire it just as fast as someone wirth a pistol, making for an unrealistic AND unbalanced situation. pistols should be quite accurate out to 15-20 yards give or take depending on the accuracy of a given pistol, past that they can still hit, but not garaunteed, they should be quick to get on target, and retain decent accuracy while moving. although in this period most pistols are muzzle loaders or cap and ball, so the reloading ought to be slowed down considerably, this is why the S&W model 2 isnt as good a pistol right now as it should be, its weak, but if the other pistols had realistic reload times, the S&W would be a great choice, because it would be several times over faster to reload, i also think you should not be able to reload a cap and ball while moving, id like to see anyone try that with much success lol.

this would make it so that rifles and pistols are much more specialized, you wont see everyone running around a town with a long rifle in their hands clearing rooms, and pistols would be more than justa backup weapon. yes, rifles would be accurate, and it would be hard to move around in the open, but thats how it is in real life, stick to cover. on the flip side though, once you do close to within 50 yards with rifle armed men, then they will be in trouble, because the volume of fire and accuracy of pistol wielders will then be great, and up close the rifles are just too slow.

the weapons cost and the numbers of them ought to be balanced as well. in 1866 anything but muzzle loading rifles were still quite uncommon. there should be a limit to how many people on 1 team can use a breech loading rifles or they should be very very expoensive, and scoped rifles, in my opinion shouldnt even be in game, they were very rare at the time, they dont actually "work" anyway and normal rifles are more than accurate enough anyway just seems like another unnecessary option..

all of this would also serve to make the indian factions more effective, cause right now they seem pretty weak compared to the others.

sadly i know a lot of this isnt possible at the moment because of hard coded features in M&B. another feature that would be great, but probably make the game difficult to run would be a LOT more smoke, and it should hang around and drift across with the wind. in a heavy gun fight it should even become hard to actually see your enemy.

I could not say this better! i totaly agree with this post!  :grin:

Hey , I had an idea for you. If you're planning to make more Multiplayer maps , you should make something like Random Desert or so. Just like desert area. So it would be cool to make Cavalary battles like Apaches VS comanches :grin:

Shanehere said:
Hey , I had an idea for you. If you're planning to make more Multiplayer maps , you should make something like Random Desert or so. Just like desert area. So it would be cool to make Cavalary battles like Apaches VS comanches :grin:

W.I.P  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom