Loyalty in towns with different culture

Users who are viewing this thread

Gondawn

Recruit
Is there a mod or another way to change the amount of loyalty you lose if you control a town with different culture? I really don't enjoy having rebel clans pop up all over the map. Mostly for AI, I feel like they can never grow big kingdoms because of it. I would love to reduce it to -2 or maybe even -1

P.S Please don't suggest Diplomacy

wondering if its a bug. sometimes all the good conditions/stats are met, yet they rebel. is there something more to the formula?

wondering if its a bug. sometimes all the good conditions/stats are met, yet they rebel. is there something more to the formula?
No, they rebel because loyalty goes very low. The lower loyalty, the more chance there is to rebel. And AI controls a town from another culture there is a -3 loyalty penalty, which is hard to overcome without policies and governors (which AI don't do obviously)

For the AI a big part the problem seems to be that they capture towns and leave behind tiny garrisons, so if loyalty is low the militia will quickly overtake the garrison and trigger a rebellion.

Last edited:
Is there a mod or another way to change the amount of loyalty you lose if you control a town with different culture? I really don't enjoy having rebel clans pop up all over the map.
P.S Please [...] suggest Diplomacy
yes there are diplomacies to overcome this! 🤯
with tribunes of the people and forgiveness of debts you can get rid of the -3 loyalty malus! you dont even need governors!

you can also try to use campaign.rebellion_enabled 0 as console command alongside with the console mod. haven't tested it though 🤷‍♂️

you can also rollback to versions where rebellions haven't been added

yes there are diplomacies to overcome this! 🤯
with tribunes of the people and forgiveness of debts you can get rid of the -3 loyalty malus! you dont even need governors!

you can also try to use campaign.rebellion_enabled 0 as console command alongside with the console mod. haven't tested it though 🤷‍♂️

you can also rollback to versions where rebellions haven't been added
If only there was a way to make AI implement all those policies 🤯

If only there was a way to make AI implement all those policies 🤯
if your question is how to stop rebellions of the whole kingdom as a vasall then the simple answer is: you most likely dont. a vasall play is yet limited.
the reason why is not only to stop you from yolo, but also to make other ai factions overwhelmingly strong. it's one of the ways to balance things.
you could try to farm a lot of influence + relation with the lords to force get the policies.

if your question is how to stop rebellions of the whole kingdom as a vasall then the simple answer is: you most likely dont. a vasall play is yet limited.
the reason why is not only to stop you from yolo, but also to make other ai factions overwhelmingly strong. it's one of the ways to balance things.
you could try to farm a lot of influence + relation with the lords to force get the policies.
Thanks for your input of course. It's not really related to what I was asking in this post and not helpful at all

Thanks for your input of course. It's not really related to what I was asking in this post and not helpful at all
yw. iam sorry that it isnt working out for you. just trying to help. afaik there is no specific mod. you probably googled for yourself aswell.

the only thing that was not mentioned are the fairgrounds and festivals in towns but i guess that wont please you too. make sure to not build anything to get the festival daily buff.
conclusion:
policies, buildings, festival daily town project, governors, console commands (maybe) are the only possibilities which are yet implemented into the game, beside rolling back to 1.5.5 or older versions.

you could also go into

Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\spkingdoms.xml and give every kingdom the <policy id="policy_forgiveness_of_debts"/> and <policy id="policy_tribunes_of_the_people"/> as extra policy. that would be more a workaround and not sure if its working. you might want to backup before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom