SP - Economy Lower Item prices and make higher tiers skill required

Users who are viewing this thread

What I find strange is how expensive are high tier weapons and armor. It's probably so player can't afford them early and has something to build up to.
I find it very disconnected from items of soldiers who carry this super expensive armors and weapons that only richest can afford.
This could be also one of the player gold income issue later in game, because he can sell these items he loots for a lot of gold.

Let's imagine prices are brought down and let say all items cost from 0 - 10 000 gold. What stops you from wearing the best armor and weapon you can find.
Well It could be locked behind a skill like horses and bows are. Armor could be tied to Athletics and weapons to their skill.
Or instead of hard-locking you could use items but with penalty, epecially armor could have speed penatly if you just want to use horse.

This is just idea, but once devs stabilize economy and player doesn't find himself swimming in gold, this could be something to think about also expensive items could be one of issues why player is so rich.

I don't think it makes any sense that you need higher skill to use a better weapon or armour. In reality it is quite the opposite, you need to be more skilled to use an inferior weapon effectively.

I think that makes great sense. I agree entirely that armor should be influenced by your athletics. The more you train the better gear you can fight in. I don't think the skill requirement should be too over the top. But I do like some demand on the player to have to work to get what they want.

Granted skills and leveling need a good overhaul first.

+1 for cheaper items
The current pricing just makes no sense
It's absurd for me, the leader of my warband, to be wearing leather armor while my recruits have already graduated to plate!
I'd say reduce the cost of items and increase the cost of tiering up troops

Back
Top Bottom