Low upgrade prices in v.1.165

Users who are viewing this thread

hey all, first of all I have to say I really love this mod :grin: I really like how the different weapons handle so differently (e.g. a big axe is actually a lot slower than a dagger)

anyway, one thing I noticed in the new version 1.165 is that upgrade costs for units have been reduced dramatically. I actually liked how it was in the previous version where upgrading troops to the elite level cost around 400 denars per troop. Then affording the super troops actually becomes something you save up for, while upkeep isnt that high making it possible to fight battles and build up money for a better and better army. Now, the prices are a lot lower, with upgrade costs around 50 denars for the upgrade to the highest levels. Is this how its supposed to be? and why was it reduced so much? Paying 400 denars for a plate armor for elite swadian swordsmen is infact pretty cheap :razz:

Just for the record, I have 3 leadership, play as a sergeant, have about 10 relation with Swadia and play on normal. (guess those things affect upgrade prices)
 
I remember paying about 400 denars to make one swadian swordsman from the second highest level till the highest. Currently the highest price for having troops are recruitment price (around 50-100 per recruit from villages) and food if you want some morale bonus.

Well, its not actually a big problem with upgrade costs being reduced, I just thought it was a feature I liked since it made sense and mainly wondered why it was reduced? Perhaps because one is supposed to have more units in the newest release, plus I am playing with the realistic battle wound infections on which makes troops a lot easier to lose.
 

Oyclo

Sergeant
People were complaining, though personally I felt the high upgrade costs made sense, and sometimes it just wasn't worth the cash.
 
Try recruiting Rhodok Condotieri, 2k/unit. How is that for cheap troops ? It would be worth it, but since they tend to die quickly against good troops, they aren't worth their money. You should try Mommy difficulty if you find the game too cheap for you.
 

Isdanil

Recruit
Well, i personally agree. The higher upgrade cost made sense... Keep their wages low, as to maintain large army, but raise their upgrade cost, to reflect their need to buy better equipment. Not really realistically, like paying 20k fur a troop, but like 200-300 per elite/expert...
 
Isdanil said:
Well, i personally agree. The higher upgrade cost made sense... Keep their wages low, as to maintain large army, but raise their upgrade cost, to reflect their need to buy better equipment. Not really realistically, like paying 20k fur a troop, but like 200-300 per elite/expert...
I already pay around 500 per Condotieri upgrade...
 

Isdanil

Recruit
Steffenximus said:
Isdanil said:
Well, i personally agree. The higher upgrade cost made sense... Keep their wages low, as to maintain large army, but raise their upgrade cost, to reflect their need to buy better equipment. Not really realistically, like paying 20k fur a troop, but like 200-300 per elite/expert...
I already pay around 500 per Condotieri upgrade...

I rarely get them to level up  :???: :grin:
 

Lancefighter

Sergeant at Arms
Isdanil said:
Steffenximus said:
Isdanil said:
Well, i personally agree. The higher upgrade cost made sense... Keep their wages low, as to maintain large army, but raise their upgrade cost, to reflect their need to buy better equipment. Not really realistically, like paying 20k fur a troop, but like 200-300 per elite/expert...
I already pay around 500 per Condotieri upgrade...

I rarely get them to level up  :???: :grin:
thats because they are too busy attempting to punch the guy whos swinging a mace at them  :lol:
 

Isdanil

Recruit
Lancefighter said:
Isdanil said:
Steffenximus said:
Isdanil said:
Well, i personally agree. The higher upgrade cost made sense... Keep their wages low, as to maintain large army, but raise their upgrade cost, to reflect their need to buy better equipment. Not really realistically, like paying 20k fur a troop, but like 200-300 per elite/expert...
I already pay around 500 per Condotieri upgrade...
I rarely get them to level up  :???: :grin:
thats because they are too busy attempting to punch the guy whos swinging a mace at them  :lol:

:grin:Well, it's either that, or they drink too much to care about leveling  :grin:
 
Top Bottom