Need More Info Low GPU and CPU usage in game

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main

Jahn_Lemmon

Recruit
AMD 5700xt and AMD 3700x,
gpu and cpu usage in game are around 40% and 30% respectively.
FPS is not capped, getting about ~55fps on high settings 1440p.
Decreasing resolution to 1080p yields the same ~55fps with even lower gpu usage.
If I decrease resolution scale to 20% I can get buttery smooth 120fps.

I did not experience these performance issues when 1.5.5 first came out a few weeks ago. Maybe some update broke performance for me since then. If I use virtual super resolution and change resolution to 4k I can achieve roughly 95% gpu usage, but still with lower fps than expected.

No other games running on my pc are effected by this bug so I think that it probably was an update that decreased my performance.

We have just updated our telemetry build. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.

We have just updated our telemetry build. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.
Is there any way to use the telemetry build in multiplayer? That is where I experience the performance issues.

Just tested the latest build and my performance issues are fixed.

Scratch that; still get about ~50fps @ 1080p on servers with ~30 people on. Even if I turn my settings to the lowest possible I get ~50 fps.

Although I have captured the test.tmcap, I cannot upload it to the upload.taleworlds.com site. I've tried chrome and firefox and edge, they all give me ERR_CONNECTION_RESET once I click the upload button. I'll try again in a few hours.

Yes I the issue didn't solved and my resolution is 2560 x 1440
We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. Can you switch to that build, test your performance and send us your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can find more info about it here.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

Back
Top Bottom