Resolved Low FPS with i7 and RTX 2080

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.6.5.296352
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: The game has a large amount of stuttering and FPS drops when I'm in the single player campaign (viewing the campaign map or in the initial training field). However, when I do quick battles, the game performs surprisingly well for max settings and 1000 units. Is this perhaps related to my RAM? I have one single 32GB ram stick, and thought it might be worth going to two for dual channel.
How to Reproduce: When I start a quick battle just to test, I get an okay amount of frames (probably around 30) with the max units and graphics settings. However, going into the campaign, I have no issues in character creation, but I do when I reach the initial training field. Everything begins to stutter.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None.
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080
GPU Driver Version: 30.0.14.9729
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700KF CPU @ 3.80 GHz (16 CPUs)
RAM: 32768 MB Ram (G.SKILL 32GB V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 3200 MHz)
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B460-PLUS LGA 1200
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1TB HDD

The branch has been updated.
We have a special performance build to check for these issues by collecting telemetry data. With that data, we can see exactly where and when the game's performance issues happened.
  • Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab. You can also use the "perf_test_beta" for the most current beta build-related issues. You can find more info about it here.
  • Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where you are experiencing performance issues.
  • Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding the “right shift” and pressing the “T” key.
  • Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  • Find the "test.tmcap" file in the "...\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client" folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside the games installation folder.
  • Finally, you can send the file to us via the ticketing system. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here.
  • It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording, and your graphics configuration. If the data you are trying to upload is too big or the site fails to upload, you can use an alternative site to upload your data. If you choose to do that please left a reply to this thread with the download link.

I tried the shift + T thing, but I don't think it stopped for the 20 seconds I was trying to show, and only stops when I exit Bannerlord. It didn't upload to Taleworlds, so here is a link.

Dual channel ram should fix all your problems. I was also strugling with fpss, adding 2nd piece helped a lot :grin:

edit:
Buying a ssd and instaling Bannerlord on it will also be helpful

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I got a new 1 x 32 gig RAM stick and added that to my computer (so it's now in dual channel configuration). I think there may be some FPS improvement, but it's hard to tell (the choppiness issue is still there). As for GPU settings in-game, this is what I had:

I don't know why it's listed twice, but I do have an RTX 2080 GPU so it should be fine? My other idea was that there may be some kind of limitation on my processor (like temperature or voltage) that might be bottlenecking performance.

Since 1.7 I've also suddenly had a massive FPS drop and stuttering issue that I'd never had before so it definitely isn't just you, also on a machine that is above specs.

I think my computer may save some word docs on the Microsoft cloud, but that's about it. The Citrix receiver is for remote work, but I play all my games locally on the same computer.

Okay, so I think I tentatively may have fixed the problem. My BIOS had a lot of settings set to auto, which I think were going to power saving all of the time. I had to reinstall Windows (maybe because my drive is legacy instead of UEFI?), but now all the settings are now sticking at their performance settings instead of reverting. I'll need to probably carve out some time to play for a long period to see if anything overheats, but if not, it should be good.

Same here.
Stuttering heavily on world map. Quite unplayable.
No Citrix adapter, not more than one graphics driver installed.
Rtx3070, 32GB dual RAM, Ryzen5 3600.
Mods installed.
No problems prior to february update.
No problems in other games.
Reset graphic settings without effect.
Older safegames also affected.

I am marking this thread as resolved because we did not get the information asked in time. If you are still experiencing this issue please let us know by leaving a reply to this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom