- Best answers
Greetings fellow tavern patrons! I come to you today to offer an interest check for a Low Fantasy Play-by-post RP.
- A low fantasy play-by-post role-playing game set in a world very similar to our own with technological developments comparable to 14th Century Europe
- Monsters and magic actually exist with some rather significant differences from classic high fantasy stories
- Magic is quite limited in scope and power, which means that while people may be aware that magic exists, few people beyond skilled specialists are capable of performing even the most minor acts of magic or even really understand how magic works
- Monsters are rare and presented in a more "realistic" light (by this I mean that monsters will be more like beasts than humans and will probably have some basis in reality)
- Party based, focused on a group of characters of mixed profession and origins who are part of a minor mercenary company
The goal of this play-by-post is to follow this company of mercenaries through their adventures in a setting based on the political/religious/technological landscape of the early 14th century. The alternative historical setting let's the RP use history as base without being bound by it or requiring a needless amount of focus on what actually occurred.
I am working on a proper OOC with all the good stuff like rules, a map, character guidelines, setting information and other useful things that I will post as soon tm as I feel I have reached an adequate stage in my planning.
At this point in time, I am largely interested in seeing if this particular idea might appeal some of the denizens of this ancient and illustrious subforum, but feel free to post if you have any particular concerns that might leave you in doubt.