Love for MP is on the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Im sick and tired of this capitalistic approach to everything creative. Good things was never conceived with profit in mind. Dedication and enthusiasm was once the things that drove good projects. People have become incredible wealthy because they created something good because they had a good idea and they believed in the idea. They created it because thats what artists do. They cant not create things.
Are TW artists or businessmen?
Yes, people must be paid and families must be fed. But thats not an excuse to not be an artist.

Project Zomboid
Valheim
Deep Rock Galactic

Just to name 3

"To do it right... It is the most complicated thing I know how to make, it is that challenge that drives me..."

Last edited:
Im sick and tired of this capitalistic approach to everything creative. Good things was never conceived with profit in mind. Dedication and enthusiasm was once the things that drove good projects. People have become incredible wealthy because they created something good because they had a good idea and they believed in the idea. They created it because thats what artists do. They cant not create things.
Are TW artists or businessmen?
Yes, people must be paid and families must be fed. But thats not an excuse to not be an artist.

Project Zomboid
Valheim
Deep Rock Galactic

Just to name 3

"To do it right... It is the most complicated thing I know how to make, it is that challenge that drives me..."

All emotional appeal. Half those games aren't self published and the one that is self published is a pixel art sandbox made by a dozen people over 10+ years. I can't say if TW are artists or businesspeople but I lean towards businesspeople. Products are made by both passionate artists working for nothing and employees/contractors being abused by their employers. Either way, they are constrained by the human condition and market forces. More often than not, if the corporate people can't justify investment in the art, the art won't get done. Especially over the last 20 years game companies are being led by finance and business professionals and not by passionate artists who "believe in an idea".

Mentioning popular alternative business models and implementations is all in well meaning good fun.

All emotional appeal. Half those games aren't self published and the one that is self published is a pixel art sandbox made by a dozen people over 10+ years. I can't say if TW are artists or businesspeople but I lean towards businesspeople. Products are made by both passionate artists working for nothing and employees/contractors being abused by their employers. Either way, they are constrained by the human condition and market forces. More often than not, if the corporate people can't justify investment in the art, the art won't get done. Especially over the last 20 years game companies are being led by finance and business professionals and not by passionate artists who "believe in an idea".

Mentioning popular alternative business models and implementations is all in well meaning good fun.
you're retarded

"The market dictates what gets done", really? We're talking about a dev that requires employees to live in Ankara that maintained the policy while everyone else was moving to remote work, whose big title has been 'close to release' for six years. What was the market dictating when they added feature complete MP with Warband?

taleworlds have chosen short term over long term gain. Building a loyal fanbase is much more profitable in the long term and that comes with making products that fit in the interests of the user - even if it means more work in the short term. That's the only reason bannerlord sold so well; they created warband in a way that pleased the audience and sustained them. Their next release will not sell nearly as well as bannerlord. And so if you're really looking for a financial incentive - it's to make a good game now to make sure people buy their next one.

How do you propose they make money off it?
Maybe by allowing the Sword&Musket team to bring their mod into the fold and add to the competitive market created by the Napoleonic Wars DLC of Warband and the Linebattle scene. People are looking for a more polished Linebattle game and we are ready to deliver, we just need TWs to do their part

I just want actual working MP servers, I wouldnt care if it was 4 pixels and 1 4bit sound channel, no skins and basic gear, if only it didnt crash lol

If you pay for an unfinished game, and what you receive is an unfinished game, I’m not sure how you’ve been ripped off. Once upon a time you bought a game, got what you paid for, and never expected an update. Nowadays everyone expects a game to live forever as a service and to be updated regardless of economics.

That being said, this IS an Early Access title. If you expect that means the game will eventually be polished and finished, fair enough. Let it be known though that many early access games never make it out of early access and get abandoned/superseded by another, more economically feasible project before they ever "release".
read the quote in my signature. "the lifeblood of M&B multiplayer" yet custom servers are NOWHERE to be seen. Its been nearly 3 years since alpha, 2 years since EA. That's a big part of why I feel like TaleWorlds doesn't give two ****s. Ripped off? Sorta, yeah.

Theres much more to it but I really cant be arsed writing it out for recruit no. 7734 coming here to tell people off.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't agree they will sell thousands more copies just by releasing private servers. The multiplayer would be 10x more lively if it went free to play and they added skins/battle pass. Even better if they add custom servers AND go f2p.
I literally have a clan of 200 people waiting to buy the game the second they release private servers/mods are able to be made for multiplayer. They tried going the "popular" route with their stupid captain and skirmish modes or whatever the hell they are called, and it didn't work. Its garbage. Nobody likes it. The multiplayer is dead by them going down that route. Doubling down on battle passes and skins, the same route, would just make it flop even harder. Actually, now that I think about it, not really, since it can't flop and fall any more than it already has.

I literally have a clan of 200 people waiting to buy the game the second they release private servers/mods are able to be made for multiplayer. They tried going the "popular" route with their stupid captain and skirmish modes or whatever the hell they are called, and it didn't work. Its garbage. Nobody likes it. The multiplayer is dead by them going down that route. Doubling down on battle passes and skins, the same route, would just make it flop even harder. Actually, now that I think about it, not really, since it can't flop and fall any more than it already has.
For some reason the past 3 days, the multiplayer has been alive idk wats changed but people are playing atleast skirm, siege and tdm again i dont go on captain cos thats for gaes

This is because there is a group of players (4+) playing on the same team every day, they unbalance 8/10 maps with their pugstompish WTJ behavior but cant deny that it must be a big reason why the MP is active. I dont like to play with that kind of imbalance though, if I wanted pubstomp game Id go play Mechwarrior Online or some other simp game. Never would have thought Bannerlord MP would become a simps game :/

This is because there is a group of players (4+) playing on the same team every day, they unbalance 8/10 maps with their pugstompish WTJ behavior but cant deny that it must be a big reason why the MP is active. I dont like to play with that kind of imbalance though, if I wanted pubstomp game Id go play Mechwarrior Online or some other simp game. Never would have thought Bannerlord MP would become a simps game :/

Tends to happen when you don't appeal to your loyal audience

I wonder if those balding and graying dudes with 1000++ hours in the game, who scold the class system and sling mud at vanilla game modes, really do not understand that these modes are what contribute to the growth of the gaming community base? Obviously, this helps the rookie gues to get comfortable in multiplayer and eventually grow up to the same grumbling tryharders like you?, and TW to increase both current profits and future income due to the growth in the popularity of BL. Therefore, it is quite a reasonable priority TW in the development of such content.
And why do you need private servers for now if you're still getting your a$$ kicked in captain mode... did I understand correctly why you call this mode "for gaes"??

Last edited:
I wonder if those balding and graying dudes with 1000++ hours in the game, who scold the class system and sling mud at vanilla game modes, really do not understand that these modes are what contribute to the growth of the gaming community base? Obviously, this helps the rookie gues to get comfortable in multiplayer and eventually grow up to the same grumbling trueharders like you?, and TW to increase both current profits and future income due to the growth in the popularity of BL. Therefore, it is quite a reasonable priority TW in the development of such content.
And why do you need private servers for now if you're still getting your a$$ kicked in captain mode... did I understand correctly why you call this mode "for gaes"??
Terrible bait

I wonder if those balding and graying dudes with 1000++ hours in the game, who scold the class system and sling mud at vanilla game modes, really do not understand that these modes are what contribute to the growth of the gaming community base? Obviously, this helps the rookie gues to get comfortable in multiplayer and eventually grow up to the same grumbling trueharders like you?, and TW to increase both current profits and future income due to the growth in the popularity of BL. Therefore, it is quite a reasonable priority TW in the development of such content.
You gotta try harder than that lol

Steam forums seem to really hate the idea of Bannerlord multiplayer (Steam Community's respective moderation team included). I dunno if there's an overlap between the moderators on Steam and on TaleWorlds' own forums but at this point, I can only hope that there isn't.

Back
Top Bottom