Love for MP is on the way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, it's just easy to complain about. I dont understand the thought process behind providing servers that doesnt work properly. I get that its EARLY ACCESS, I get it, but I just think that having active servers that crash is worse PR than not having any at all.

There’s no incentive for them to develop MP other than not having a black mark on their brand, but their brand is completely dominated by SP anyways.

There’s no way for them to make money off MP other than attracting players who haven’t bought the game yet and are only interested in MP, which is a minuscule amount of revenue. Any battle pass or paid skins would be seen as a joke due to the $60 price tag.

However, there was never any potential growth for MP due to almost no resources invested in it. Even though it represented ~15-20% of Warband’s long-standing playerbase, Bannerlord MP didn’t receive much attention and it should be a surprise to no one that it didn’t go anywhere.

We have seen years of sparse and low-impact (including a number of counter-productive) patches for Bannerlord MP and the amount of MP players mirrors this by being ~1-2% of Bannerlord’s playerbase.

If TW put more effort into MP, there would be more players, but there’s no monetary incentive for them to do so.

There’s no incentive for them to develop MP other than not having a black mark on their brand, but their brand is completely dominated by SP anyways.

There’s no way for them to make money off MP other than attracting players who haven’t bought the game yet and are only interested in MP, which is a minuscule amount of revenue. Any battle pass or paid skins would be seen as a joke due to the $60 price tag.

However, there was never any potential growth for MP due to almost no resources invested in it. Even though it represented ~15-20% of Warband’s long-standing playerbase, Bannerlord MP didn’t receive much attention and it should be a surprise to no one that it didn’t go anywhere.

We have seen years of sparse and low-impact (including a number of counter-productive) patches for Bannerlord MP and the amount of MP players mirrors this by being ~1-2% of Bannerlord’s playerbase.

If TW put more effort into MP, there would be more players, but there’s no monetary incentive for them to do so.
You'd expect their incentive to make multiplayer better is the monetary gain there can be gained from it, not the other way around.

How do you propose they make money off it?
I give 0 flying ducks about their monetary gain, i am not their financial advisor. I just want to get a game that doesn't crash and has what was promised to us.

If you think we need to give them any monetary reason to make the MP better, you're delusional.

You make money by making your game better, that's the end of it and nothing else. Don't bring me with that skin stuff and blablablabla.

F2P Multiplayer + Paid Cosmetics x Battle Pass = Profit. As others have said though, a resolution for server crashes should come first. I've never played an online game that's had such a long lasting glaring issue.

F2P Multiplayer + Paid Cosmetics x Battle Pass = Profit. As others have said though, a resolution for server crashes should come first. I've never played an online game that's had such a long lasting glaring issue.
Paid cosmetics and battle pass for 200 people that still play mp? lol. They already made at least 300 million from the game and charging for skins etc would mean nothing compared to what they've already made and the game is not even worth $50 tbh. They can make a lot more if they fix their servers and release private servers. I really don't understand the argument that they have no incentive to develop mp. I'm sure thousands of people will buy the game when they release private servers.

Paid cosmetics and battle pass for 200 people that still play mp? lol. They already made at least 300 million from the game and charging for skins etc would mean nothing compared to what they've already made and the game is not even worth $50 tbh. They can make a lot more if they fix their servers and release private servers. I really don't understand the argument that they have no incentive to develop mp. I'm sure thousands of people will buy the game when they release private servers.
You're analysis goes from sad to hilarious with the april fools changes.

If you pay for an unfinished game, and what you receive is an unfinished game, I’m not sure how you’ve been ripped off. Once upon a time you bought a game, got what you paid for, and never expected an update. Nowadays everyone expects a game to live forever as a service and to be updated regardless of economics.

That being said, this IS an Early Access title. If you expect that means the game will eventually be polished and finished, fair enough. Let it be known though that many early access games never make it out of early access and get abandoned/superseded by another, more economically feasible project before they ever "release".

If you pay for an unfinished game, and what you receive is an unfinished game, I’m not sure how you’ve been ripped off. Once upon a time you bought a game, got what you paid for, and never expected an update. Nowadays everyone expects a game to live forever as a service and to be updated regardless of economics.

That being said, this IS an Early Access title. If you expect that means the game will eventually be polished and finished, fair enough. Let it be known though that many early access games never make it out of early access and get abandoned/superseded by another, more economically feasible project before they ever "release".
I was going to write a wall of text, but I can't be bothered with people always sperging the same sh!t that was already called out for being complete BS.

you're retarded

You can't see what's obvious for so many others in this thread. The market dictates what gets done. Not what you think ought to be.
What does the market dictate? Develop a game for 10+ years and still not be able to deliver lots of promised features for both sp and mp? Most people play sp yes but that doesn't mean they should solely focus on sp. They will sell thousands of more copies by just releasing private servers for mp.
And you're retarded for thinking paid skins and battle pass or some dumb idea for the 200 ppl that still play mp will make more profit than releasing servers.

They will sell thousands of more copies by just releasing private servers for mp.
And you're retarded for thinking paid skins and battle pass or some dumb idea for the 200 ppl that still play mp will make more profit than releasing servers.
I hope I'm wrong but I just don't agree they will sell thousands more copies just by releasing private servers. The multiplayer would be 10x more lively if it went free to play and they added skins/battle pass. Even better if they add custom servers AND go f2p.

I hope I'm wrong but I just don't agree they will sell thousands more copies just by releasing private servers. The multiplayer would be 10x more lively if it went free to play and they added skins/battle pass. Even better if they add custom servers AND go f2p.
No one is going to stick around for multiplayer even if it's free lol. Servers literally crash half the time and there's no content. Even if they make it free no one's going to stay around because games like mordhau or chivalry is better for people who are new to medieval combat games. They literally have no one to sell skins/battle pass to. This idea is so ****ing dumb. A multiplayer mod like nw will attract thousand of people alone. The best way for tw to make profit on mp is to release servers so modders can fix both native and make awesome mods like nw, crpg or mercs on bannerlord.

I'm just impressed they managed to kill Bannerlord MP while a couple of Warband servers singlehandedly have more players 12 years after its release. Really impressive.
I wouldn't be all too confident about Warband myself. As a semi-regular NeoGK person myself, it's become apparent to me that a lot of people have since moved onto other games.

If you think we need to give them any monetary reason to make the MP better, you're delusional.

You make money by making your game better, that's the end of it and nothing else.
A little exaggerated, but essentially true... The channel for monetizing the media effect, resulting from the release of a high-quality product (reviews from users and critics, getting into thematic ratings and frequency of mention in the media, the formation of a recognizable brand, etc.) - the growth of sales of this and any other products and services of this company.
Warband users became the main buyers of BL, just as BL users will become the basic buyers of M&B3. Also, other products of the company, which has become famous with the M&B series, will find their customers much easier.
The multiplayer would be 10x more lively if it went free to play and they added skins/battle pass. Even better if they add custom servers AND go f2p.
For product promotion and future revenue growth, these would be steps in the right direction (and it is better to do it in the suggested sequence).

You can't see what's obvious for so many others in this thread. The market dictates what gets done. Not what you think ought to be.
The game quality dictates what gets done, you're being so delusional.

You're being so narrow-minded you want this generation of games to be an endless loop of the same crap and no interesting new concept being pushed because "the market dictates". If it truly was like that then MP would be a battle royale, but it isn't. Because game developers know unique concepts sell better then existing ones.

pFGu0cx.png

Back
Top Bottom