Lots of Finns...

Users who are viewing this thread

Worbah said:
okiN said:
<deniz> said:
But there are guys claiming that Finns have Turkish roots.

I have never, ever heard anyone say anything to that effect. A source would be appreciated.

There ARE many kebab-restaurants here...

Hmmm...

But this claim probably is based on the fact that both nations have near-incomprehensible speach (from an outsiders point of view)

EDIT: I just now noticed the post above mine. allow me to clarify:

Finland has long nights in winter, during the darkest times the sun gets up at around 9 AM and sets around 12:30/13. The nights during the summer, however, are extremely short. Some days the sun doesn't set at all, or it's gone for one or two hours.

What? 9am? Where do you live? In Oulu, it was more like sun getting up near 12am and setting after two hours.

Also, there are very little immigrants in Finland. There are some, but not many. ok, maybe in Helsinki but not much elsewhere. I lived in Oulu(6th biggest city) for 8-9 years and saw like... 5 black people.

chaos said:
Well : Finns have long nights ( over 9 months) so ..their spread can be understandable :wink:

Anyway : i like them ( because they dont like Russians and Swedes :wink: ) like me :wink:

Finns do like Russians, and we Russians like the Finns, we're almost completly alike, we like to get **** faced and piss our names in the snow while cursing at stray animals.

Ohh, and nobody like YOU.

Pavlov said:
Finns do like Russians

Yeah. We still can't stop laughing about the Winter War. It was simply hilarious. CA6AKA

Nah, but seriously, I won't hold the centuries of cruelty and domination against individuals.

Worbah said:
Pavlov said:
Finns do like Russians

Yeah. We still can't stop laughing about the Winter War. It was simply hilarious. CA6AKA

Nah, but seriously, I won't hold the centuries of cruelty and domination against individuals.

Thanks for putting my thoughts in words for me.

Oh and just because we eat a lot of sausages and drink ridiculous amounts of beer, we're not experts in them.
In fact, majority of finns eat sausages that have more flour in it than actual meat.

As for the beer.. well, the taste has never ever been the most important thing in anything we consume. The most important thing is to get ****faced. Hell, I don't drink alcohol unless I'm aiming to get absolutely hammered.
So, for good tasting beer turn your head to someplace else.

By the way, how many finns we have here on these forums exactly?

-Nahkurin orsilla tavataan.

Worbah said:
Pavlov said:
Finns do like Russians

Well if you have nothing better to do then sit alone in the dark and brood, that is your thing, more power to you. Most rational Finns have left the past in well... the PAST.

YAY HATE!!!

I counted some 80-90 before we got our own forum, but that was only the ones I knew and the ones with Finland/Suomi/Finnish text in location.

EDIT: Pavlov, eventhough the war ended only 60 years ago, I'm over it. The healing can begin :smile:

and as for me, I don't care about stuff from WWII. Even though my grandfather got his arm blown off by some soviet ******* and the whole family from my father's side lost their home, I couldn't care less.
I didn't live there.

So, as long as you russians stay away from here, I don't have a beef with you :cool:

EDIT: Uh, what I meant is: as long as you russians don't come here with tanks and assault rifles, I don't have a beef with you.

Pavlov said:
Well if you have nothing better to do then sit alone in the dark and brood, that is your thing, more power to you. Most rational Finns have left the past in well... the PAST.

YAY HATE!!!

Well, some individuals might take offense at the fact that you still officially refer to the unprovoked invasion and occupation over several decades of various countries as "The Great Patriotic War" and insist that it was all their fault. :razz:

But nah, there's no real bitterness to speak of, at least not for most people.

Come on kids, lets not fight about the past! Let bygones be bygones. Now shake hands.... :smile:

OK, now that we got that out of the way, if you really want to piss on some one piss on us Americans. I mean really, if we aren't in your country droppin bombs and killing people we are ****ing up your culture with the bull****, ignorant culture that we have created in our own country. See Brittany Spears, Howard Stearn, Terrell Owens, Paris Hilton, etc, etc. Here is a little more motivation - WE OWN YOU! :twisted:

There, that should deflect all of the past hatred and racism to a more relevant and deserving topic - America! Besides, us Americans can take it, we don't mind the comments and criticism, we are used to it.

Let the flak fly at us!! All in good fun guys - sorry if I have offended any.

SinisterMorality said:
OK, now that we got that out of the way, if you really want to piss on some one piss on us Americans. I mean really, if we aren't in your country droppin bombs and killing people we are ****ing up your culture with the bull****, ignorant culture that we have created in our own country. See Brittany Spears, Howard Stearn, Terrell Owens, Paris Hilton, etc.

It's good to see that us finns are not the only ones capable of "self-racism" as the media called it.

As for mikropuhe, it can actually talk english quite nicely. How about you write "fak juu matafakers juu sans of pitsiis kän gou tu hell änd fak joorself vans joor deer" and try to think what it means?

Another minor thing that aggarvates me with anyone : the wrong use of the word "racist". Negro is a race. Asian is a race. Hispanic is a race. "American", "Mexican", or "Japanese" are not RACES, they are NATIONALITIES. We have a word for hating nationalities too - "bigot" (big - uht, not bye - got). Good going, media.

Anyways, you introduced beer and sausages to Germany? But... my entire life is a lie!
Funny how your grand-dad got his arm blew off and you don't give a **** about the second world war, yet I'm only half-German with no apperant historical links to it, and I can't get enough of that ****.

CrazyEyes said:
Funny how your grand-dad got his arm blew off and you don't give a **** about the second world war, yet I'm only half-German with no apperant historical links to it, and I can't get enough of that ****.

Just out of pure curiosity in case I understood correct: were you shocked to roots when terrorists owned WTC or when the tsunami struck?

Oh and I can't get enough of wwII stuff either. What I meant is that I don't go all emotional about it. None of it happened to me, so I don't care even if I'm interested.

<deniz> said:
But there are guys claiming that Finns have Turkish roots. Well, I'm not sure about that, I have never seen a clear evidence in the books that I read.

I'm all the evidence that's needed - just seeing me naked would convince anyone. I'm as hairy as the average Turk. :shock:

Kidding, of course... I think the languages share a reasonably "close" ancestor, both probably originated from the direction of Central Asia. Ethnically, it's quite self-evident that Turks and Finns aren't closely related - they look very different. And hairiness isn't very typical for Finns, I'm a freak. :lol:

Janosh said:
I'm all the evidence that's needed - just seeing me naked would convince anyone. I'm as hairy as the average Turk. :shock:

How do you know its not the OTHER way ROUND? hehehe

Back
Top Bottom