Lost the scout... forever

Users who are viewing this thread

Wulfsdottir

Sergeant
I am not sure it is a bug, because I have seen too many questionable decisions already, so maybe it's intended.
I got a quest for tutoring the lady that I gladly accepted. Made her the scout and wandered around, doing some smithing with her here and there and also getting her into tournament fights as well.

In a few days she declared that she had learned enough (though she refused to name any particular thing she learned :grin: ) bowed and left.
And with her... gone is the possibility for me to have a scout now :grin:

Seems like game still registers her as my scout and doesn't give me the option to choose other companion as a scout.
I can definitely live without a scout (as that profession gives not so much in this game for now), but it definitely needs a look.

Also, another companion related problem is an engineer. Even though I appointed one of my companions as an engineer, eng xp still goes to ME not him, during the sieges.

What other weird things have you encountered regarding companions and professions? I'm sure there are more so maybe discuss...

I've also lost the scout role in my own party.

Before 1.4.2 I've assigned that role to some companion I had. Then at some point I think i've created a caravan and appointed him to it, without changing his role back to None.

1.4.2 came out and I haven't even noticed that role is gone. I've noticed it way later, when I've hired companion with decent scouting skill and wanted to give him that role. It was simply gone from the list, but only in my own party.

I've seen somewhere that it might help if you talk to the person you've previously assigned that role to, and then try appointing a new one through option in conversation, but I believe that in your case it would be difficult.

I've seen somewhere that it might help if you talk to the person you've previously assigned that role to, and then try appointing a new one through option in conversation, but I believe that in your case it would be difficult.
Oh really? Thanks for the hint.
Now only if I could remember her name...

It was the first time it was lady, not lord. Need to browse through young Aserai noble girls.

I've just tested it and turned out that 2 roles were held by exactly same person. Also that person is an enemy lord for me, which I've trained before.
I've simply assigned scout role now by choosing option during conversation and that role is back now.

Also, slightly weird, but lord I've mentioned never leaves the town he's in. He's the last living lord in my campaign.

Hope I've uploaded the image correctly, doing it like first time on forums.

I've just tested it and turned out that 2 roles were held by exactly same person. Also that person is an enemy lord for me, which I've trained before.
I've simply assigned scout role now by choosing option during conversation and that role is back now.

Also, slightly weird, but lord I've mentioned never leaves the town he's in. He's the last living lord in my campaign.

Hope I've uploaded the image correctly, doing it like first time on forums.
Thanks I'll try your trick :grin:
Do you have a mod that renames companions or someone on TW team is GoT fan? :grin:

Back
Top Bottom