Loss of brother to marriage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Doofus

Sergeant
Hmmm....well...that was a surprise. I thought that when you arranged a marriage for a sibling, if it was a female it went to the other clan & if it was a male, then the female went to your clan. Well, I married off Nathanos to Zeverena of the Battanians. She was clan leader. Sort of figured it would be nice to take another kingdom's clan leader (I am with Vlandians). I was rather surprised to see her staying Battanian. Then I checked my clan page & Nathanos is no longer in my clan. First, if I'd known that, I wouldn't have arranged that marriage. Second, if I'd known I would have at least taken all the equipment I've given him before sending him on his way.

Oh well, all's well that ends well, I suppose. I convinced her to move her clan to the Vlandians, lol.

Yeah I married him off to Rhagaea once for giggles... the relationship gain really isn't worth the loss of your best general or governor.

Also, that means my poor sister is always destined to be a spinster. Sorry sis. You'll have to satisfy yourself with secret hookups with the Khan's guards behind the engineer's tents

lol. Yeah, Alea (or any of her other versions) never gets married for me. After she has served for quite a while as a governor though, I do feel sorry for her, so I'll take her into my party for a little excitement. Unfortunately, she seems to die quite easily, regardless of the armor or how long she's been active.

lol. Yeah, Alea (or any of her other versions) never gets married for me. After she has served for quite a while as a governor though, I do feel sorry for her, so I'll take her into my party for a little excitement. Unfortunately, she seems to die quite easily, regardless of the armor or how long she's been active.

I train her up as an engineer. She's a free companion, so it allows me to not waste a hire an engineer companion.

If your companions are dying needlessly, then you should give them a bow and put them at the back.

Hmmm....well...that was a surprise. I thought that when you arranged a marriage for a sibling, if it was a female it went to the other clan & if it was a male, then the female went to your clan. Well, I married off Nathanos to Zeverena of the Battanians. She was clan leader. Sort of figured it would be nice to take another kingdom's clan leader (I am with Vlandians). I was rather surprised to see her staying Battanian. Then I checked my clan page & Nathanos is no longer in my clan. First, if I'd known that, I wouldn't have arranged that marriage. Second, if I'd known I would have at least taken all the equipment I've given him before sending him on his way.
Yeah, clan leaders never leave, their spouse comes to the clan. The same rule as the player, basically.

Nathanos is older. I don't generally reload unless it actually crashes. I consider it a learning experience. So...here's the next chapter...

Was at peace when he married Zeverena & I convinced them to join the Vlandians from the Battanians. The very next war following that is against the Battanians. Not 2 days in they switch back to Battania. That was a waste of perhaps 450k+. I assume its because I'm not the leader of Vlandia yet, so I wasn't able to transfer a holding to them (when I'm kingdom leader I will give them a castle when they join us). So with no holdings they didn't want to stay here. Footnote on this... I go out & engage in a few battles and come back to my main town (Lageta) and find Nathanos, my brother, in my dungeon. Sort of feel like this should be considered a bug that they moved to us then moved back so quickly.

I had this happen as well, Unfortunately it took me about another 5 hours of play to realise he was gone from my clan. Now I have to lose those hours to reload and get him back. Kinda sux big time.

Back
Top Bottom