Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

LDominating

Regular
Summary: When the player or A.I switch the leader of a party,if the new leader doesn't arrive in time,the party will lose all soldiers except for a few 20.
This doesnt affect the caravans though.
How to Reproduce: Switch the party leader with more than 20 soldiers.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I can confirm the same behavior. I did some changes to the Party leader - and the party seem to lose most of the troops ( to around 20 ). I was thinking that was strange. The party may depend on some leadership/steward traits - but even so - a normal party is around 80 soldiers. Could be something related to Caravan Party ( in the code ) - which was a different number of troops. But all in all - i do not like the companion party behavior as you have very little control on what happened's when you create a second party. They give troops to castle garrison, they lose and gain troops - without battles, replacing the Party leader - is like making a new party etc.

I've also experienced this on 1.1.1/1.1.2 IMO the notification that one of the player's clan parties has lost its leader is important and shouldn't be a simple message that's easily missed (especially if you're sieging on fast-forward etc) - it should interrupt whatever the player is doing and force him/her to take notice.

Hey, can you please share your save file with us via Ticket so we can further inspect the issue? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hey, can you please share your save file with us via Ticket so we can further inspect the issue? To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I don't know how to share save files,and it happens to everyone and every playthrough,I suggest 5 minutes into a game to see for yourself

Any information on this?

www.taleworlds.com/en/Ticket/Item/1217
Here is my save. I use some mods but I'm sure you can load it in vanilla, just ignore the warnings.
How to reproduce: Change the leader of the party led by "Helmold of the Hills" with "Encurion the Silent" and wait for a while.
It's a common issue which is annoying and easy to reporduce and should be prioritized.
This function is unusable until the bug be fixed.

Last edited:
I don't know how to share save files,and it happens to everyone and every playthrough,I suggest 5 minutes into a game to see for yourself
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
www.taleworlds.com/en/Ticket/Item/1217
Here is my save. I use some mods but I'm sure you can load it in vanilla, just ignore the warnings.
How to reproduce: Change the leader of the party led by "Helmold of the Hills" with "Encurion the Silent" and wait for a while.
It's a common issue which is annoying and easy to reporduce and should be prioritized.
This function is unusable until the bug be fixed.
Hey, i can not forward a modded save file to the QA team. To be able to inspect the save file, the file should be unmodded. Please let me know if the issue is persistent on a new campaign after manually removing the mods.

Hey, i can not forward a modded save file to the QA team. To be able to inspect the save file, the file should be unmodded. Please let me know if the issue is persistent on a new campaign after manually removing the mods.
It does...
I dont have mods on,but it still persists

So if you change the party leader what happens to the old one? Is he still in charge until the new one arrives or does he disappear from the party?
Maybe one of the normal soldiers take charge of the party and with zero skill in steward you will loose all troops except of 20. Like the player only can command like 20 troops at the beginning

So if you change the party leader what happens to the old one? Is he still in charge until the new one arrives or does he disappear from the party?
Maybe one of the normal soldiers take charge of the party and with zero skill in steward you will loose all troops except of 20. Like the player only can command like 20 troops at the beginning
He dissapears from the party then 20 of the highest troops remain,if the leader of the newly assigned party doesn't arrive in time,the A.I party will get rid of excess troops except the base 20.

Back
Top Bottom