Lords that I execute come back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

A defeated lord, whether he escapes, gets sold or you let him go, should be off the battlefield for a good two weeks. Three weeks if you chop off his head...

Ok, I am fine with the escape, ransom and let him go parts, it could have been more days than I think I remember. But after chopping off the head, three weeks seem to be too short a time for reappearing. If I remember correctly, even Jesus took longer to do that trick - no offense meant to anybody :smile:
If they really come back after a certain time, you can as well remove the execution feature from the game. At this point I have largely abandoned my playthrough goals and I am just looking to confirm if this "return of the dead lord" happens reagularly or if it was a single occurance.

So I'm trying to finish off this faction by immediately executing every lord from that faction that I capture in battle.

However....they keep respawning and I see them 2 days later in a random place in the map again running from me??

Is this a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? Whats the point in executing if they just come back anyway.

Welcome to Mount&Blade Bonelord !! :wink:
or more like Bonerlord in your case...

Ok, so I chopped some more heads and so far the lords and ladies remained dead. I really wonder what went wrong with this one guy. I might be wrong here but I think that he was the very first one I executed. So, when I start a new game at some point I will keep that in mind and try again.

I would say Highlanders, but the animation is a beheading... So now I'm thinking some form of vampire or possibly Mount & Blade has gone into a Groundhog's Day universe.
Well beheading is usually one of the few ways to actually kill vampires, so can't be that.

If I remember correctly, even Jesus took longer to do that trick - no offense meant to anybody :smile:
Actually it only took 3 days from Jesus got crucified till he rose again.

Well beheading is usually one of the few ways to actually kill vampires, so can't be that.

Depends on the lore. Some lore states that beheading is enough. Some require beheading and stuffing the mouth with garlic, removal of the heart, and burial at crossroads. Some state nothing short of immolation will ensure they won't return.

Depends on the lore. Some lore states that beheading is enough. Some require beheading and stuffing the mouth with garlic, removal of the heart, and burial at crossroads. Some state nothing short of immolation will ensure they won't return.
well yeah it changes from setting to setting ofc, hence why i used that little, but super important word "usually"

Happened again...but this time a faction that I destroyed is back from the dead...

https://prnt.sc/rxljsp

I killed this guy 83 days ago...and his portrait is black and white...

But he's back I guess!

Idon't think factions go instinct in this game like the others. They usually come back with a new ruler (some of the sonss that grew up etc) You sure that'ss mot the case here? cause the faction lookss quite weak from what I can tell in the picture

So I'm trying to finish off this faction by immediately executing every lord from that faction that I capture in battle.

However....they keep respawning and I see them 2 days later in a random place in the map again running from me??

Is this a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? Whats the point in executing if they just come back anyway.
It happened to me as well. I hope they will fix the problem

Back
Top Bottom