Lords that I execute come back to life.

Users who are viewing this thread

So I'm trying to finish off this faction by immediately executing every lord from that faction that I capture in battle.

However....they keep respawning and I see them 2 days later in a random place in the map again running from me??

Is this a known bug? Am I doing something wrong? Whats the point in executing if they just come back anyway.

I have to admit when I read the title I laughed out loud, you need screenshots for this thread...please. Show the black and white dead portrait coupled with the lord marching on the map.

I would say Highlanders, but the animation is a beheading... So now I'm thinking some form of vampire or possibly Mount & Blade has gone into a Groundhog's Day universe.

I have encountered the same issue. I killed a Vlandian lord and a few days later (around 5 days I think), there he was again, on the field with an army of around 100 troops. I battled him again - and executed him again. Haven't seen him since but I have a strong suspicion that he is still somewhere around.
This bug really makes executions pointless.

Are you sure it's exactly the same Lord and not a newly spawned one with the same name? There's only a limited number of names in the pool after all.
(Or zombies.)

Yes, I am sure it is the exact same guy. There were two lords in that particular clan and after executing both of them, a message popped up saying that clan XYZ (don't remember the exact name right now) has been destroyed. In fact I only realized it was the same guy because of the clan name. The Encyclopedia shows all the lord's portraits of that clan in black&white and the description of each lord states that I executed them.

And your playing with enable death on as well? Strange, executing seems to work fine for me, however never seen a hero,companion or lord die iin battle as "enable death" promised.

No, I have not enabled death. From the tooltip I figured it was about possible death in combat. I don't see how not having that enabled would prevent death from execution.

I did execute a bunch of lords with death disabled and they still remained dead, but this was on the 1.0.6 i think, this recent game i started in 1.0.7 I am playing a nice guy, so no executions, maybe one of the recent patches broke it.

Back
Top Bottom