Lords should fight in keep battles

Users who are viewing this thread

HotPie

Regular
I quite like the addition of keep battles, but a part of it feels a bit hollow. I think that if you are knocked out in the initial siege, you should be able to fight in the keep battle but with lower health, like you did in warband. Also if there are lords defending the settlement they should also be in the keep battle, would make for a great one on one duel to end a siege. Could even extend it to reflect their traits, daring/honest lords will fight in the siege battle, then fall back to the keep with lower health, cautious/dishonest/calculating lords will remain in the keep and then fight you with full health.

Just my little take on it, don't read too much into it.

I haven't really explored this part of the game yet, but are you allowed to go in the keep while the siege is happening? I think it would be a lot more immersive for the troops that retreated to fight in the keep, + you and other lords that have retreated as well (possibility to enter keep at any part during a siege for the player would be good).

I do really like the suggestions where traits play a bigger role in this for sure though, it makes perfect sense. So instead of lords (and player) to be teleported in the keep once the battle is over (totally unimmersive, even if it says "your troops carried you", you can see that they didn't + might have died in an awkward spot), I'd rather have cautious lords stay in the keep during the siege/or even better, retreat very early on, and a cautious player can be given the choice to retreat to the keep as well if he wants so. I would definitely stay in the battle for a bit until the gate/walls have been conquered and then I would retreat to the keep, I think that would make for some prime siege gameplay.

I haven't really explored this part of the game yet, but are you allowed to go in the keep while the siege is happening? I think it would be a lot more immersive for the troops that retreated to fight in the keep, + you and other lords that have retreated as well (possibility to enter keep at any part during a siege for the player would be good).

I do really like the suggestions where traits play a bigger role in this for sure though, it makes perfect sense. So instead of lords (and player) to be teleported in the keep once the battle is over (totally unimmersive, even if it says "your troops carried you", you can see that they didn't + might have died in an awkward spot), I'd rather have cautious lords stay in the keep during the siege/or even better, retreat very early on, and a cautious player can be given the choice to retreat to the keep as well if he wants so. I would definitely stay in the battle for a bit until the gate/walls have been conquered and then I would retreat to the keep, I think that would make for some prime siege gameplay.
You can't enter the keep from the battle, no. It will just pull you out then give you the option to join the keep battle. You also can't do keep battles as a defender, which I assume TW will add(?) because keep battles as a defender would be far more fun imo.

You can't enter the keep from the battle, no. It will just pull you out then give you the option to join the keep battle. You also can't do keep battles as a defender, which I assume TW will add(?) because keep battles as a defender would be far more fun imo.
yes, that sucks, as a defender it would be pretty cool. Also maybe the /retreat order could make soldiers go back to the keep. For this to not be abusable, there would have to be some sort of limit on how many defending troops can enter the keep. The rest of the troops would have to fight it out outside the keep door. I hope TW implements this kind of thing

Back
Top Bottom