Lords not dying on patch 1.7

Users who are viewing this thread

lafusoo

Recruit
I have played about 40 hours into a campaign on patch 1.7 and no lords have died. I have enabled death/birth and have gotten children. Is this a bug or change that came with the 1.7 update?

They defiantly died in 1.7 beta and 1.7.1 beta, if there's some bug it must be on the 1.7 stable version or introduced in a hot fix.
The chance of them dying from a defeat is only 2% or less, so it entirely possible to sometimes go a significant amount of days with no deaths. 40 hours is measure for the player but for campaign balance the amount of days is more useful. I think 1-2 death in a 80 day is an average TW wants, but that means you can have years with zero deaths too and of course the chance for many deaths is always there too.

I have death enabled on my 1.7 file. It seems to be very rare for the lords to die in battle and have only seen it a few time on a couple of files that lasted 5-10 in game years.

I know that this game is in early access but if they have changed the death ratio this was a mistake because when we can't hear npc's voice this feature was the only thing that connetcs us to the game.

My companions get wounded a lot, but have not died so far.
However, I do het notifications that other Lords died in battle every now and then. So, Lords do die since 1.7.0 was implemented.

Lords and Companion Deaths are possible, but much rarer then before. I think it's at a good level at the moment in terms of the % chance. What I saw in a 400 day campaign was around 8 noble deaths.

In my games (1.7.0.X) ,im losing lords in battle i have not been in since day 3. By day 30 , Battania lost 3 clan leader lords. I kinda wish lords on died if we are in the battle.

They do die, but it happens so rare that I barely notice it. Many people were crying (I can't find any other word here) that lords dying too often, so devs severely reduced the probability.
Death probability is only 2% now, which is ridiculously low. High Medicine level may reduce it to 0%. We live in a happy medieval age where everyone dies from old age, surrounded by a healthy kiddos.

I've been trying to draw the devs attention to this, but I don't think they'll do anything about it.

Oh they do. Though I am quite sure that the AI tries to survive more now. Before I saw lords of small armies (say Im attacking them with a much stronger army) just charging straight into my lines. I think they want to survive more... though the Horse Archer Lords generally seem to charge-shoot forth, cause it is quite safe for them.

Though I have seen a lot of messages like "X-Lord has died in the battle" from time to time. And childbirth death...

Best way is setting option, so player can set high or medium, or low or none of chance that lord or hero or both that die from battle or age or both, so go on, that way, it's ensure everyone is happy and not complain then not disappointed with option.

I wrote a mod that lets you kill lords in battle by hitting them hard enough. Basically if you do their entire health bar in one shot, they die. So if you hit a lord in the face with a lance at full charge, he's dead. Works great and helps a lot with the rubber-banding-lords problem where they just keep coming at you after you defeat their armies over and over.

Lords and Companion Deaths are possible, but much rarer then before. I think it's at a good level at the moment in terms of the % chance. What I saw in a 400 day campaign was around 8 noble deaths.
The chance is way too low for mission battles, in mission battles the chances should increases based on how many damage vs. health and was part of their body was hitted.(Head shots should always kill, you can not survive a head shot, only with very good surgeon)

I have hitted lord with damage double their health in the face, they survive, in the real world he would be dead.

Last edited:
The chance is way too low for mission battles, in mission battles the chances should increases based on how many damage vs. health and was part of their body was hitted.(Head shots should always kill, you can not survive a head shot, only with very good surgeon)

I have hitted lord with damage double their health in the face, they survive, in the real world he would be dead.
Agreed, I also suggested that death chance for auto-calculation and mission battles should be separated, with mission battle chance being higher than simulated battles. 2% is ridiculously low. @Dejan does the team have any plans to revise the death chance somehow?

I've also noticed many nobles over 68 years old in my current run. That's strange, considering their surgeon skill is not too high.

Agreed, I also suggested that death chance for auto-calculation and mission battles should be separated, with mission battle chance being higher than simulated battles. 2% is ridiculously low. @Dejan does the team have any plans to revise the death chance somehow?

I've also noticed many nobles over 68 years old in my current run. That's strange, considering their surgeon skill is not too high.
After the initial introduction of simulation battle death with a 2% chance (which results in 5-15 deaths per year), we received a range of community feedback denoting that it was too high. After some deliberation, we agreed and adjusted the rate to a level of 2-5 deaths per year on average. Naturally, we continue to review the relevant feedback and may make further balance changes.

After the initial introduction of simulation battle death with a 2% chance (which results in 5-15 deaths per year), we received a range of community feedback denoting that it was too high. After some deliberation, we agreed and adjusted the rate to a level of 2-5 deaths per year on average. Naturally, we continue to review the relevant feedback and may make further balance changes.
And now I know, why I can not finish the battanians.
In 5 in-game years, only a few battanians have died, mostly their wifes or daughters and not 1 against my party.

Can you please increase the chance for mission battles back to 10%, since the 1.6.3 update, all lords survive against my party and other lords are stealing my kills.

Last edited:
I think death rates are actually in a good place now right . Lords shouldn't be dying left and right - they aren't peons. They are high valued captives worth a lot of silver if taken alive. In my current play through I've lost 1 wife and 3 companions in an 8 year span in addition to slaying 4 lords in battles that I was a part of. Lords in other conflicts have also died. It's not a lot but neither is it a little. It feels like they hit the sweet spot when it comes to NPC deaths.

I think death rates are actually in a good place now right . Lords shouldn't be dying left and right - they aren't peons. They are high valued captives worth a lot of silver if taken alive. In my current play through I've lost 1 wife and 3 companions in an 8 year span in addition to slaying 4 lords in battles that I was a part of. Lords in other conflicts have also died. It's not a lot but neither is it a little. It feels like they hit the sweet spot when it comes to NPC deaths.
Have to disagree with that. Before those changes, mentioned above by Dejan, you had a small chance to destroy the whole army with a single kill of its leader. Besides, deaths prevented lords from gathering doomstacks with 2-3k soldiers. Right now, when almost everyone dies only from old age, lord deaths look more like the ability to sit on any chair - it is there but what's the purpose?

Death probability should be raised somehow to become a prominent gameplay element again. One way is to increase it in a mission battles and leave as they are in simulated battles. Other way is to let players decide how big will be the probability in their campaign.

Back
Top Bottom