Lords loyalty

Users who are viewing this thread

Vasara

Squire
I've noticed one thing that really disturbs my playing. The lords don't change factions. They're more loyal than dogs.

Having them, every now and then, change factions for minor reasons, such as money, wars, or something like that would be nice.

Whatcha think?

Vasara said:
I've noticed one thing that really disturbs my playing. The lords don't change factions. They're more loyal than dogs.

Having them, every now and then, change factions for minor reasons, such as money, wars, or something like that would be nice.

Whatcha think?

I agree. I also think that lords should be given personalities beyond "treats his peasants like ****" or "doesn't treat his peasants like ****". These personalities can help decide how loyal they are, and whether they have the motivation to stay loyal to their king.

Yea man, great idea. It could also open the door to a few new quests, like having to run down a traitorous Lord for the Khergit king's praise. It would make politics very interesting.

That would indicate there was a storyline and that everything wasn't determined randomly on game creation. Which, amazingly, it is.

Not necessarily, ya know.
As you said, everything is predetermined even before your horse takes its first paces, and its through that same system that you could have a rebellious Lord.
Just set each one with his own personality and such and let the game roll on its on. If a Swadian Lord doesn't like the idea of going to war with the Nords then he can dip on the rest of the faction and possibly join with another. If another Lord doesn't like being broke with his faction than he can leave said faction. No story necessary, just a few more random integers. And as far as the quests go it doesn't have to be personalized to any one faction:

"Lord *_______* has deserted my ranks! This is preposterous! Do honor and fealty bear no quarter in the hearts of men in this age? >Next page< Well, as his oath entailed, he swore his life to my lineage, and so I shall claim it. Will you take up the mantle and dispose of this traitorous pig? I am willing to offer *____* for his swift and painful demise.

...Yea, something like that :smile:

Back
Top Bottom