Lords leave all the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Ncallstar08

Recruit
Just paid adram ~10 mil Denars to join me, supported him up to 100 influence or so, the next day he left my kingdom.
This happens over and over again.
If this is working as intended, there should be reprucusions for leaving. This seems seriously broken. I even gifted land and they still leave.

Seems like I heard in a streaming game, if you have to pay alot to get someone to join you they will be more likely to leave quickly. Ones that don't ask for anything will usually stay around longer. Also they said if they have 3 fiefs that might help out also. Sure this is just hearsay so not sure.

Just paid adram ~10 mil Denars to join me, supported him up to 100 influence or so, the next day he left my kingdom.
This happens over and over again.
If this is working as intended, there should be reprucusions for leaving. This seems seriously broken. I even gifted land and they still leave.
I saw a developer post in some else’s forum about third. They’re planning on fixing that. It has to do with whether someone is landed or not, and whether the faction they are leaving is powerful. I’ll try and find the post

They should make it so lords leave when they have no land and their faction is losing. Once they change sides, they shouldn't be able to do it again before at least a year or more. Lords should also be more inclined to remain in or go back to their culture's major faction.

I have the same issue: Having a clan with a lot of influence, three to four fiefs and a reasonably good relationship, and they still left my kingdom out of the blue. TWICE!!! At least they had the decency to leave their fiefs behind the second time - the first time (about three or four patches ago) they kept them and defected to the Southern Empire.

How much you have to pay depends on your standing with them, your respective character traits and your charm skill. Last time I got a play through to the start Kingdom stage I had a few join me for free but were just as flaky.
You need to use an influence mod to fix this there are several available. I've got a couple installed but yet to properly test them yet.

OK, now this issue is really starting to piss me off! My lords leave my kingdom at random, without any prompting or warning. When I reload the save, it is suddenly the other lord that decides to switch sides, join the enemy faction and taking all his fiefs with him. All whilst he is part of my army, no less!

Seriously, this cannot be a normal part of the game, and it happens every five minutes or so. Sometimes I keep the fiefs, sometimes not - it is completely random and makes my campaign at this point nearly unplayable.

Yes and with new nerfs you can not buy them back as you will have enough money for a day trip to grays beach,And that is about all lol

Wasn't that Shell Beach?
Buying them back is not a problem - after spending influence on supporting them in the High council, I have a good standing with my lords so that they rejoin me if I ask them politely. And if they don't throw away their position to beome mercenaries.
The other lord that startet abandoning me out of nowhere and taking his bloody fiefs with him did join my kingdom without me having to pay him a single dinar. But still, him leaving without provocation does disrupt all my plans. And costs me fiefs.

I find not over recruiting vassals and ensuring they get a fief asap works.

I currently control most of Battania in my latest playthrough with only 3 clans in my kingdom. None have left yet.

I find not over recruiting vassals and ensuring they get a fief asap works.

I currently control most of Battania in my latest playthrough with only 3 clans in my kingdom. None have left yet.

That was my tactic as well, but it didn't work out. I only have three vasalls, and my first priority is to grant them at least two castles before I reqruit another one. Also to keep the balance in the council by frequently supporting the weaker clan.

Still, doesn't work out...

Back
Top Bottom