Lords instantly respawning with armies

Users who are viewing this thread

no user name

Recruit
Can this please be fixed?

Every time I defeat a lord, he just strolls out of the castle next to me with full health and his army fully rebuilt seconds later. I'm going to have to start executing every lord I beat because that's going to be the only way to gain any grounds on other factions.

Gonna have to agree, just defeated two lords near their home castle, released them for the rep gain. But still they popped out with 30 troops each in the same day and the castle garrison didn't drop at all. Can we have this as a difficulty slider like team damage? Choose how many free troops lords get to spawn with? Dito for bandit spawn? Are these entities tied to the populations of the settlements in any way?

Really like seeing the updates when parties interact with map icons, "+1 recruit" etc... But the fact that they pop back into existance with troops from outside the economy system is... well it pulls the veil back some.

This was a side effect of a "fix" they did to prevent snowballing. Lords would be defeated, and while they were out recruiting troops to rebuild their armies, they would all get captured by bandits, looters, etc. A faction would have no active lords, and so another faction would steamroll them. It was a foolish way to fix it, allowing the lords to spawn with armies of their own.

This was a side effect of a "fix" they did to prevent snowballing. Lords would be defeated, and while they were out recruiting troops to rebuild their armies, they would all get captured by bandits, looters, etc. A faction would have no active lords, and so another faction would steamroll them. It was a foolish way to fix it, allowing the lords to spawn with armies of their own.
Huh. That's interesting! It makes more sense now but the biggest issue is: the second they're back, they're on their way to my nice rich villages. Even if I have 50 relationship with them because I defeat and release them three times a day.

This was actually an addition I'm fairly certain, to stop the steam rolling that was occuring. But again, this is why I started executing every single noble I fought. Until, now in a late save, I have 7 nobles in the aserai faction I'm a vassal in. One Noble in the Southern Empire who is glitched off the map. And three nobles in the western empire which no longer has cities or castles so we never go to war with them. It's a lonely continent. I really don't want this to be the only way I can win end game.

I would suggest that they are allowed the option to pull from castle garisons, or city recruit pools. These magic troops make the game both easier and harder, easier because I can get an unlimited supply of loot and EXP by just camping outside a castle, grindyer because their armies come back the next second.

I would sooner see a fix by reducing bandit spawn, or just flagging the lords as untargetable by the bandits? or as above, let them pull troops from the garrison, but the troops need to come from somewhere.

An another alternate snowbal fix may be letting cities revolt, but this is likely a different topic.

Or let them 'send for help' in some way but no mechanic for this is in place.

Well the lords are 90% whamen, ofc they spawn with full army. Just look how many kids whamen make in this game. :mrgreen:

P.s it was a joke, come on! Have some humor please!

I'm ok with it.

It's just like in warband, with A.I. cheats, but it is good to make it more balanced.
I'd rather have that, than watch what happened with the Khuzaits in my first playthrough, where they just steamrolled through the 3 empires, with the empire fielding mercenaries, recruits, and having no parties >50 men in strength.

Idk why it is even a problem, when in warband we already had a good working system.
And they add another problem trying you fix previous.

So, when you ask a superior enemy army to let you go, you're not allowed to attack them for a period of time.

The same should apply to released enemy lords. If you release them, they should have to give you their parole (which nobles did) and promise not to attack you for a period of time (unless they are dishonorable).

Giving lords 30 troops is not a serious issue. The can't do much with that, and it really is necessary to protect them from bandits while they rebuild.

What needs changing is their AI priorities after they respawn. It should NOT be "go raid player village and die again". That shouldn't even be an option. They should be focused on staying inside friendly lands and creating a strong party. Add some passive training to the game and then have them wait in friendly lands until their army is better than a bunch of recruits.

Giving lords 30 troops is not a serious issue. The can't do much with that, and it really is necessary to protect them from bandits while they rebuild.

What needs changing is their AI priorities after they respawn. It should NOT be "go raid player village and die again". That shouldn't even be an option. They should be focused on staying inside friendly lands and creating a strong party. Add some passive training to the game and then have them wait in friendly lands until their army is better than a bunch of recruits.

Yeah have the populace frown on a warring leader who just lost preferring instead he stay home with the populace as an assurance to their wellbeing
"The People have no appetite for War"

So, when you ask a superior enemy army to let you go, you're not allowed to attack them for a period of time.

The same should apply to released enemy lords. If you release them, they should have to give you their parole (which nobles did) and promise not to attack you for a period of time (unless they are dishonorable).

+1

The AI should always have to abide by the same requirements as the player, with a few concessions for gameplay purposes of course.

Great idea
Or you can apply this to defeated lord "go away but dont atack me for 15 days"

Back
Top Bottom