Lords I recruit just keep leaving the kingdom I am in

Users who are viewing this thread

Gondawn

Recruit
Basically the title, I have no idea how it works. I pledged to serve my Empress Rhagaea, wars were going really well and after taking 3 cities from Western Empire I managed to recruit 3 of their clans into Southern Empire. Cost me like 500k but it's worth it. I even gave up one of my cities and castle, so they could be given to newly recruited lords, just to make them happy.

However that wasn't the case. Within one year of game time they all left and took their cities with them!

Is there any way to stop it? It happens all the time when I try to help my kingdom by recruiting lords from other factions... They just keep leaving. What am I doing wrong?

@Gondawn it’s looking like it’s just a bug
Yeah I hope they hurry and fix it though, we're in week two now.
Basically the title, I have no idea how it works. I pledged to serve my Empress Rhagaea, wars were going really well and after taking 3 cities from Western Empire I managed to recruit 3 of their clans into Southern Empire. Cost me like 500k but it's worth it. I even gave up one of my cities and castle, so they could be given to newly recruited lords, just to make them happy.

However that wasn't the case. Within one year of game time they all left and took their cities with them!

Is there any way to stop it? It happens all the time when I try to help my kingdom by recruiting lords from other factions... They just keep leaving. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing good to do about it. You can try to save often and re-load but it's tedious and very easy to miss the message and of course the more vassals you have it will just be more and more leaving all the time, so it's not worth playing a kingdom creation game past mid game until they fix it.

In the mean time you can play an execution game and just see how fast you can decapitate everyone.

If it's not related to the new clan desertion bug--

This has been going on for many patches--it seems that there is a 'soft cap' of clans in a kingdom. In my experience it's in the mid-teens for AI kingdoms and the low 20s for player kingdoms.

If it's not related to the new clan desertion bug--

This has been going on for many patches--it seems that there is a 'soft cap' of clans in a kingdom. In my experience it's in the mid-teens for AI kingdoms and the low 20s for player kingdoms.
I agree there's something like this. However in 1.7-1.7.2 I could make unlimited wanderer vassal clans (no defection), but past a certain amount (as you say high teens or 20ish clans) all AI clans would give refusal statement regardless of money or situation.
@Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun I know there's a bug related to this topic being looked into, but if there's other mechanics/rules related to max amount of clans in a faction, I'd like to know them.

I agree there's something like this. However in 1.7-1.7.2 I could make unlimited wanderer vassal clans (no defection), but past a certain amount (as you say high teens or 20ish clans) all AI clans would give refusal statement regardless of money or situation.
@Duh_TaleWorlds @SadShogun I know there's a bug related to this topic being looked into, but if there's other mechanics/rules related to max amount of clans in a faction, I'd like to know them.
The likelihood of clans want to stay in kingdoms (or non-likelihood to defect them) actually depends on number of clans, but as far as I know there is no hard limit. Each extra clan makes it harder to recruit more lords as you said.

Thank you for the reply, could you tell me more about
The likelihood of clans want to stay in kingdoms (or non-likelihood to defect them) actually depends on number of clans
For instance at what number of clans does the defection of high relation/landed vassal become possible? I would like to know because this can change how we strategize making our kingdom. In the past always making new clans and recruiting any clan that was convenient was always good, I never had one defect in a past game, even making about 80 in one game. But say if there is chance for defection once you have more then 12 clans (or some other amount) then it becomes more attractive to be more picky about which wanderers you use to make vassals and which clans you recruit and only use 12 clans (or another amount ) to take over the map.

Also I may have misunderstood, sorry if you only meant recruiting more clans and not clans leaving the player faction.

Seeing the same behavior, we can recruit Rebel clans and other Kingdom clans then they get fiefs and immediately go back to whomever we are at war with. I sieged down Sanala 3 times because of this...really ****ing annoying.

Side note: aren't we supposed to be able to entice defection from Prisoners @Duh_TaleWorlds ? I don't ever have to option whether they're in prison or in my party

Back
Top Bottom